Male Haircuts on Emerald Princess

Can anyone tell me if there is the availability to have a haircut onboard the Emerald Princess for us mere males? I know there is lot to do about all the girls having their bodies prettied up but what about us poor men . . . we like to have a nice style cut sometimes and I cannot get one before sailing date.

I often leave having a haircut until I'm on holidays. Then I will go to a local hairdresser/barber in a town or port. Puts a little money into the local economy.

I do the same and for the same reason. I always enjoy a chat to a local. :)

I always get a shave and a haircut, A little pampering when visiting a foreign port. ;)

Can anyone tell me if there is the availability to have a haircut onboard the Emerald Princess for us mere males? I know there is lot to do about all the girls having their bodies prettied up but what about us poor men . . . we like to have a nice style cut sometimes and I cannot get one before sailing date.

Haven't got enough left to bother about, but yes they do.

Start at around US$60 John, plus tip and no seniors discounts, lol. Sad I know.

Are you sure you are not talking about a massage instead of a haircut.

I have got a haircut on a Princess ship and I certainly did not pay $60 for it.

Sure is a haircut for that price. They also have to wash your hair precut for health reasons they told me. I am telling you $60 was the freight. I declined to pay the 15% gratuity and told the hairdresser, it was overpriced anyway. Believe me the hairdresser does not get the $60.

If the salon is real slow on sea days, sometimes Princess will advertise 'Happy Hour Cuts', when they might knock 30% off normal prices, seen that on my 22 Princess cruises.

Search Princess Haircuts on CC.

Edited by NSWP

Sure is a haircut for that price. They also have to wash your hair precut for health reasons they told me. I am telling you $60 was the freight. I declined to pay the 15% gratuity and told the hairdresser, it was overpriced anyway. Believe me the hairdresser does not get the $60.

If the salon is real slow on sea days, sometimes Princess will advertise 'Happy Hour Cuts', when they might knock 30% off normal prices, seen that on my 22 Princess cruises.

Search Princess Haircuts on CC.

The hairdresser would have got the 15% gratuity. The $60 would go to the company that employs the hairdressers. I have been told that the pay for hairdressers and spa staff is nominal or non-existent, and that they rely on the tips to make a living.

• 2 weeks later...

All I need is clippers. #2 comb on the back and sides and #1 on top where the hair is very sparse. (My wife does my cut and refuses to simply do the top without a comb attachment.)

This takes a few minutes. I will definitely need more than one cut on our upcoming 28 day cruise. There is no way I will pay that kind of money for the type of haircut I need.

Edited by Thrak

All I need is clippers. #2 comb on the back and sides and #1 on top where the hair is very sparse. (My wife does my cut and refuses to simply do the top without a comb attachment.)

This takes a few minutes. I will definitely need more than one cut on our upcoming 28 day cruise. There is no way I will pay that kind of money for the type of haircut I need.

You could start up a cheap haircut business in your cabin. $20 ago, but no tipping, we Aussies don't like that. lol. !!

The cost of a gent's haircut on the Emerald 2 weeks ago was $42 incl. gratuity - ladies stylecut was $86 incl gratuity. Ask for Shushied - he's a top-notch styler.

Thats not out of the way...less than I thought it would be for a gents cut ..:)

Alright you have forced me to pull out my account from Diamond Princess in July last year. My bill for a hair cut on that cruise was $26.45 including the gratuity. The service was a quick trim/cut and did have a quick rinse/wash in their head basin at the salon.

This was a Diamond Princess cruise when the ship was based in Japan. I had an elite card and was also a suite guest which they knew as I was given total access to the thermal suite as part of being in a suite so I am not sure if that made any difference to the price.

The cost of a gent's haircut on the Emerald 2 weeks ago was $42 incl. gratuity - ladies stylecut was $86 incl gratuity. Ask for Shushied - he's a top-notch styler.

Hi Anna is that USD or AUD ?