Silversea Water Cooler: Part 3, Welcome!

Host Dan

It was just a pizza without cheese really ..... the tomato had lots of oregano and chopped up anchovy. I cooked it a bit lower than Neapolitan.

I see that nice Mr Trump decided in a totally of the cuff set of unplanned and unconsulted and unrehearsed set comments, to set about trying to provoke a totally unpredicatable Kim Yong-un into pre-emptive conflict.

Not clever bigly as the great man would say.

Jeff, I have to explain, I am a Gemini so there's two of me, and both agree with you.

I'm a Gemini too, Camillus and I totally agree with you and Jeff. My husband and I spent three years in a Warsaw Pact country and the former Yugoslavia, and what Trump is doing is frightening. You certainly should tone down the response when dealing with North Korea. Diplomacy can and does work....but then again, there is presently not a US ambassador in South Korea.

It's our bizzillionth wedding anniversary today. Second time for each of us. That makes marriage for each of us hundreds of years. Well close.

We were married the day Nixon resigned.

And for celebration I made a huge chocolate mousse.

All for DH.

He's eating out of the giant bowl.

:-)

It's our bizzillionth wedding anniversary today. Second time for each of us. That makes marriage for each of us hundreds of years. Well close.

We were married the day Nixon resigned.

And for celebration I made a huge chocolate mousse.

All for DH.

He's eating out of the giant bowl.

:-)

So, you were all in white when there was no whitewash at the White House. That's allwight!

Thanks Mysty.

It's all good.

Let us all celebrate whatever we can.

Life is short.

Eat dessert first.

I was extremely lucky finding my wifey first time. I realised that she never saw any bad in anyone. So there was hope for me. She asked me to marry her over several years and a refusal often offends. We have a mere forty eight years and there has never been any serious disharmony.

I reckon the key things are to remember you cannot "unsay" something said in anger. So don't say it. So if you are losing your temper leave the room and calm down. Feelings must never be hurt. Also never let things go so you forget your better half is still an individual with the germ you first saw that made you succumb. I'm lucky in that I make her laugh every day and I keep her fed. I still think of her as being very young and needing looking after.

Ah, you all make me smile! Only 22 years here but looking forward to a few bazillion more.

Spins, nice anniversary treat! I am old enough to remember when Nixon resigned...

Jeff, I think I treat Chris pretty similarly. It's in my best interest, as she takes me on nice vacations, and buys me nice toys. :D

On call this week and weekend. Hopefully off to sleep soon.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

JP

You are a VERY wise man. :D

The key thing is always to apologise very quickly even if you have done nothing wrong. When I think of all those lost years when I didn't apologise quickly enough and not nip the conflict in seconds. With the benefit of hindsight you never win the war if you try and win the battle, but conceding the battle generously and quickly always brings a truce and welcome concessions.

If only I knew then what I know now.

JP

You are a VERY wise man. :D

... even if you have done nothing wrong. When I think of all those lost years when I didn't apologise quickly enough ...

If only I knew then what I know now.

Don't you mean "even if you don't know what it is you've done wrong"? ;)

Sent from my iPad using Forums