Silversea Water Cooler: Part 3, Welcome!

Host Dan

As to the dining out vs. in options. We prefer to dine in. We do take out a few times a month, but since I love to cook, it is mostly my food we eat. We find eating out more obnoxious than it is enjoyable. With children allowed to run around restaurants and scream, people rude, loud, and not dressed proper (I don't want to smell you or see more skin than clothing when I dine out), we would just as soon skip the convenience. We also have seen the quality of restaurants drop over the past few years (at least near us). I can cook a much better steak, drink our preferred wine (for less than a quarter the price), and not have to worry about the drive home!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JP..Thursday's meal looks delicious! Hang in there! Tomorrow will be here before you know it!

Cam & Miss S....Very gracious of you to cut JP some slack! :) We all have days when dressing up just is not on!

Glad that I'm not the only one who is irritated dining out!

JP...you are so entitled to slob out after enduring the night shifts....😌

Maybe as we get older we are less tolerant.....whilst l like the foody programmes on tv I find myself becoming annoyed with the sloppy table manners of some...these days it seems acceptable to eat off ones knife....or talk while waving ones fork about with a mouthful of food........and like Jeffers says the mobile phone era that we now live in is more than annoying.........guess I'd best stick to the ladies lunch days as the white tablecloth dinners out seem to be a thing of the past.......☺️

Jeff is a bad influence! But we'll keep him around.

10- minute dinner challenge tonight. Slivered garlic sauteed in olive oil along with a few red pepper flakes. Sliced Roma tomatoes, cooked a few minutes until soft then coarsely mashed with a fork. Add shrimp and serve with (premade by me, a few days ago) basil pesto for extra flavor, over angel hair pasta.

So tasty. Sorry, no picture. It disappeared in less time than it took to cook it. The red tomatoes and green pesto made for a nice presentation. I added extra red pepper flakes to mine. :D

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

You'll be fine Penny, as long as you don't have it every day ......

Thanks JP that plate looks lovely, and I detect you're doing some serious work .... hope you get some good "down time".

Tonight I was hungry as I skipped supper .... so some nice soup was called for ....

5851c2d12f8ac08f1eca1d0dc4cf2da0.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Enjoying all food postings.

I had a good size piece of tasso I needed to use and cut it in small pieces. Too spicy for DH so needed to diffuse the heat.

Made a frittata with spinach, Gruyere, Roma tomatoes, chives, eggs, garlic, potato chunks and tasso. Lovely browned top.

Second meal of tasso, sauteed onions and peppers, tomato puree, rice, green peas,carrots and a cup of beer.

Two meals...both delicious

And used up the Tasso!

Will freeze some for future.

:-)

Jeff is a bad influence! But we'll keep him around.

10- minute dinner challenge tonight. Slivered garlic sauteed in olive oil along with a few red pepper flakes. Sliced Roma tomatoes, cooked a few minutes until soft then coarsely mashed with a fork. Add shrimp and serve with (premade by me, a few days ago) basil pesto for extra flavor, over angel hair pasta.

So tasty. Sorry, no picture. It disappeared in less time than it took to cook it. The red tomatoes and green pesto made for a nice presentation. I added extra red pepper flakes to mine. :D

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

This, too, sounds wonderful and a keeper. All I need to do is buy some Roma tomatoes,,,,,

Quite agree Cams .... that new ship looks hopeful.

Planning a suprise 3 hours slot on one of the British Airways flight sims for next month for wifey's birthday.

3 hours should give us a great experience. She was ace on the 737 which was old fashioned grunt flying ie not fly by cable .... although she gave the residents of Canary Wharf a bit of a scare on her approach to Heathrow ... and a rerun on the 747 will be exciting.

:D

It's a full size BA pilot training simulator at their Heathrow training center. BA pilots have to do a few hours every six months.

There was an interesting programme a while back. The pilot they sent out to collect their first Dreamliner from Boeing had never been on one before he flew it home. All his qualifying hours were on the Heathrow sim.

We have been a few times and it is a unique experience. i regret not suggesting it to you and Roberto on your recent visit. Still ... an excuse to return.

Early morning UK munchies. Butter and sugar fried fruit bread squares ...

So what's wrong with simple blokey stuff in the wee hours? Doesn't always have to be sophisticated ... ehhh ! ?!? There might have been some custard but it was out of date .... :(

84dc190a033662b099631c20956c234d.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Very interesting...I like an occasional raisin toast w/butter. Did you make this yourself?

Very interesting...I like an occasional raisin toast w/butter. Did you make this yourself?

Good morning, no I bought some fruit loaves because I wanted to experiment with microwave / grilling bread and butter pudding to see if it worked. But my custard was out of date. So I buttered and sugared the bread and fried it instead. :)