Silversea Water Cooler: Part 3, Welcome!

Host Dan

Lois, thanks so much for taking the time here to offer me your sympathies. I know you are busy with your own travel to think about. :) I appreciate your kind thoughts! Enjoy the heck out of your adventure!

Lois, thanks so much for taking the time here to offer me your sympathies. I know you are busy with your own travel to think about. :) I appreciate your kind thoughts! Enjoy the heck out of your adventure!

My pleasure........I am actually done...........just relaxing and watching tv:)......all packed, cleaned house,

ran some last minute errands today and hard to believe I booked this cruise back in February:eek:

Hope your daughter makes it home safe and sound:)

Thanks J! Yes, a nightmare! If she was more experienced with solo travel or even just travel this would not have been such a problem. I got an email from her last night (after I went to bed and didn't see until this morning) that she was crying in her hotel room...homesick and missing her wee lads. Broke my heart! And of course, the airline gives no s**t.

Coolers,

I have just been reading the leaked complete transcript of the call between Malcolm Turnbull and Doris Trump. Is that transcript authentic? Has it been accepted as a genuine leak? I cannot believe it is real.

It has been reported here as genuine.

Says a lot about both "leaders"

Thanks J! Yes, a nightmare! If she was more experienced with solo travel or even just travel this would not have been such a problem. I got an email from her last night (after I went to bed and didn't see until this morning) that she was crying in her hotel room...homesick and missing her wee lads. Broke my heart! And of course, the airline gives no s**t.

It's terrible. It's also a shame she isn't in Europe. Our airlines have a duty of care on cancelled flights as well,as having to pay compensation. They would have to also organise accomdation and food.

I hope she recovers well from the experience.

It has been reported here as genuine.

Says a lot about both "leaders"

It was depressing and worrying. Unable to understand, absorb and retain simple and straightforward explanations. Doesn't understand subtelty and nuance. No diplomacy skills. Throws tantrums. Bullies. Doesn't understand the concept of governmental continuity. Refuses to see both sides of an argument. Doesn't understand the importance of not burning your boats and keeping your powder dry. etc etc

Apart from that it was impressive.

Thanks J! Yes, Canada is waaaay behind on the issue of consumer rights for air travel. They are proposing a new bill but it won't come before Parliament until 2018 at the earliest. We have three airlines in Canada. The one our eldest traveled on has limited flights to limited destinations but is slightly cheaper than the other two. The irony is that this will probably cost her employer more than it would have with one of the other 2 options.

Mysty

We are on a cruise Boston - Montreal in October. The east coast of North America is one of the hardest places to get to from Adelaide. We have to fly to Sydney or Melbourne, then LA or San Fran then New York ((sometimes via Dallas) then on to Boston.

Getting back from Montreal is even harder. Too many flights, too many stops, too many opportunities for things to go wrong.

We decided to fly Qatar via Doha as they fly direct to Boston and out of Montreal. It means we have two 12 hour flights each way but with only one stop there is less opportunity of holdups - that's the plan. After 24 hours in the air, plus 2 hours transit in Doha it will be interesting to see if we can string two words together :D

Greetings Coolers!

Washington drama (my personal one not the political one) has been resolved. Eldest is safely home with her family.

J..Has the lovely Signora Fimar been patiently waiting her turn in the wings? Mr. Smoker and Ms. Instant Pot have given stunning performances. The audience is looking forward to more feats of derring do! :)

Have a great day all!

L, enjoy the travels....

Hi M, really great to hear of the safe returns to the nest .....

Yes Signora Fimar's first outing for a while ..... I hate perfect round pizza ... it must look like it has been cooked by a peasant as indeed it has ...... and no mozzarella today ...

517e0ff44753920a907f94be528f439d.jpg

887c778dd1dca38661c505206925207f.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks Lois! Waiting is frustrating! Everything is good to go and you have to somehow occupy your time because it is too early to leave. :) Once again, best wishes for safe travels and an awesome adventure!

Good morning Coolers,

Mysty, so glad your eldest is finally home and safe. Joc, traveling nowadays one feels like within a herd of cattle; thankfully you are doing everything possible to minimize unwanted herding by the airlines.

Two days ago we had a car accident with a deer which ran into the avenue! The right side front of the car was destroyed and we had a big scare. We had an elderly relative with us at the time and we were fearful for her well being...not only physical, but emotional. She is still with us and seems to be doing fine. We are now limited to one car, but no desire for car trips, anyway.

Hope you all are having a very pleasant, restful Sunday!

Thanks J! Lots of relief being felt here! :)

Brava Signora Fimar! Beautiful performance! And credit to the maestro! :)

Myster's pizzas are never perfectly round. Does make for some interestingly shaped "slices".

Thanks Cam! So sorry to hear about the car vs deer encounter! Glad everyone is OK. We have issues here with deer trying to use the roads. Spring and fall are the worst. Several places around here have flashing lights to alert drivers that deer are in the vicinity.