Silversea Water Cooler: Part 3, Welcome!

Host Dan

Penny, what a great memory for you and your family. To be honest, when I heard Justin speak at his dad's funeral I knew that he was going to follow in his dad's footsteps. I'm really hoping that he can half-way fill those shoes!

That would be an awesome piece of music J! And your toast with the music of life glass is perfect!

Penny, what a great memory for you and your family. To be honest, when I heard Justin speak at his dad's funeral I knew that he was going to follow in his dad's footsteps. I'm really hoping that he can half-way fill those shoes!

That would be an awesome piece of music J! And your toast with the music of life glass is perfect!

Justin certainly seems to be well thought of internationally...a great deal like Barack Obama in that respect. Here in Mexico, as a NAFTA partner...he is well liked.

Yes, he is definitely charismatic! And I think he has principles not easily ignored. I think he will be true to his commitments (although not necessarily all of his campaign promises).. He will be a reliable NAFTA partner to Mexico I think.

Jolly

I have been remiss in responding to your post several pages ago...I hope all of your packing is going well.

I have it on good authority that the photo I am posting is of the location we will depart from on the Spirit, i.e. Greenwich in 2018.

I took this photo from the Cloud as we passed by on the Thames on our way to Tower Bridge some years back.

Greenwich2_zpsvtra53ga.jpg

Hello Coolers, lots of coordination since we are, for some 10 days, a one-car household and we have visitors! The weather has been gorgeous, and that makes us very happy. I was wondering, has anybody heard from Lois? I do hope she navigated the Barcelona mayhem successfully and is already on board and having a great time.

Cam, good luck with that!

Hopefully Lois is enjoying herself immensely...well, hopefully right now she's sleeping, as it's just about midnight in Barcelona... ;)

I suspect we'll hear very little from her until she's back, as she says that she doesn't travel with any electronics. But maybe she'll surprise us. Hope so!

Spins - nice pic of Greenwich. That round structure at the right is the entrance to a stairway, leading to a foot tunnel under the Thames (Greenwich Foot Tunnel). It leads to the Isle of Dogs. Here is the view from the other end of the tunnel, on the Isle of Dogs, looking towards Greenwich to the pier.

3351e31e8af4d6c1eaadc3a263c869ed.jpg

And here is Chris, running along through the tunnel while I dilly-dally, taking pictures...

bce2d46fe6dde804e3199ac9a5aff23e.jpg

Edited by jpalbny

Yes, Cam. She isn't really claustrophobic, but she moves like she's on a mission. I try to keep up...usually, with a fair amount of success. But it can be tricky to get her to hold still for a picture sometimes.

The most claustrophobic we ever were was when we were climbing around in the Great Pyramid. It was cool and all, and I'm glad we did it, but when we got out and caught our breath we both realized that we had had the same thought while we were in there - what if there's an earthquake and the tunnel collapses?

Jolly

I have been remiss in responding to your post several pages ago...I hope all of your packing is going well.

I have it on good authority that the photo I am posting is of the location we will depart from on the Spirit, i.e. Greenwich in 2018.

I took this photo from the Cloud as we passed by on the Thames on our way to Tower Bridge some years back.

Greenwich2_zpsvtra53ga.jpg

Hi Spins,

Nice to hear from you but I'm afraid you have been misinformed. Nice picture but it is of the Cutty Sark (the ship, not the pub) which is adjacent to Greenwich pier - this is where the river bus docks but it is not the future cruise terminal. That will be at Enderby Wharf.

The terminal is still being built - if you google map it a bit further downstream, on the same side, it's going to be roughly where Christchurch Way and Mauritius Rd meet (neither the map nor Google earth shows it yet) - if you get to the Slug and Lettuce pub you've gone too far.

As far as packing goes - it's a nightmare - it's so hot here I can't get my head round the concept of long pants, never mind a warm jacket ... and gloves and socks ... what are they? Do I even own any?

Thanks for the help regarding the pier!

Hope the packing is going better Jolly. My sister in law just came back from Greenland and Iceland and they had lots of fog. The fog delayed their return home to the States. Do you have a puffy vest or waistcoat?

That would be good with thermal tops and turtleneck layering. I have plenty of gloves and would be happy to lend if they would get to you in time. Scarves or Ruana too.

Hello All.....

Great news Spins that the silver box has arrived....sorry if l gave you dud info on Greenwich...thanks to Jolly and Jeff for picking it up for you 😄

JP....11 weeks will go so quickly....always good to have something to look forward to.

When l get back from the September voyage it's only eight weeks until l go again which is quite a comfort!

Mysty.....really interesting to read about the problems with border clearance......I can't comment being totally ignorant on such matters but l have thought that in future when flying into the USA the option of going via Ireland may make the journey a lot easier coming in on a domestic.....food for thought at least.

It's been a busy few days here with one thing and another....I'm not used to be out so much!!

😊

Greetings Coolers!

Great news that your Silver box has arrived Spins!

Hang in there JP...it will go by in a blink. Maybe a little slower for you as you are not as old as I am. Time is age related. :)

Miss S. You sound a little run off your feet! Put them up and sip something awesome! :) Yes, border clearance is subject to whims it seems. Hopefully it will all work out!

J...are those pizza dough balls or bread balls?

Enjoy your evening all!