Silversea Water Cooler: Part 3, Welcome!

Host Dan

Penny...Solo mi! is not sad! It is a declaration of independence! :) However, if you decide to change your moniker I would vote for Charming Mexican Woman.

Cam..I have no illusions that anyone we cruised with would remember us. DT was one of a kind! The most I can hope for is that no one retains bad memories of traveling with us. :) That would be a win!

Morning All......

Just arrived in Slovenia. We have sunshine again...yesterday it rained in Hvar so we stayed on board.

Well attended Venetian party last night with the top score being 850 odd days.

Full 2019 itineraries are out this Thursday.....I've just booked my late 2018 voyage and thrown down a floating deposit for 2019 to get the extra 5%.....it will be nice to browse through when l get home on Saturday!

Right now the Spirit and her crew are taking great care of us and it's so good to know that in just eight weeks time I'll be back on board again!

Only gripe I've got is they've changed the hairdryers and they are dreadful...I have complained!!

We are told that some of the deck furniture is being changed on Thursday to Muse style.....and the message on the grapevine indicates the Wind will become an expedition ship like her sister.

Wifi for me has been hit and miss.....others seem to have fared better....l took the basic package for $158.

Penny....Spins and l have sailed together and I've also sailed with TTS and his lovely lady...

Hope all are well....Mysty....Montreal is on!!

😊

TTS is calling me "mad Mexican woman". I think I should change my CC name: mMexW? mad Mex mujer? MMW? Solo mi suddenly seems sad!

In Irish ''Mad'' means resourceful, intelligent, caring and heart-stoppingly elegant.

Have I talked my way out of it yet?

Greetings Coolers!

Lovely to hear from you Miss S! So glad you are enjoying your cruise (even with nasty hairdryers)! And I'm over the moon that Montreal is on! Hurray!

TTS....I obviously can't speak for Penny...but...that would have definitely won me over. Seems you are sailing in good company Penny! :)

Have a great day all!

Thank you TTS. You certainly did not need to apologize! I look forward to meeting you and Madame in less than 6 weeks. Particularly so now that Miss Sophia has sung your praises. She is in one of my favorite places at present. I love Slovenia and have spent quite a bit of time on Hvar. The Dalmation Coast is spectacular, as many of you know.

Have a great day everyone......

Thank you TTS. You certainly did not need to apologize! I look forward to meeting you and Madame in less than 6 weeks. Particularly so now that Miss Sophia has sung your praises. She is in one of my favorite places at present. I love Slovenia and have spent quite a bit of time on Hvar. The Dalmation Coast is spectacular, as many of you know.

Have a great day everyone......

We had a holiday on the Dalmatian coast in the early 80s when it was still Yugoslavia. The best day was going round the Kornati Islands on a sail boat. I've never seen seawater as clear. In those days it was the hidden gem of the Med, now it seems that this quite spectacular part of the world is getting the recognition it deserves.

Morning from South Florida. It's rainy here.

Great to hear from Ms. Sophia, the trip sounds wonderful ( except for the hair dryer issue, that's annoyingly awful especially when one has long hair). I was looking forward to seeing Hvar again, even if it rained. They have the most amazing Lavender. Soon you will be in Venice!

Like Ms. Sophia, we tend to book our next cruise onboard to take advantage of the discount offered. Our transatlantic cruise in 2018 from London to New York on the Spirit was booked when we were last aboard.

We have that to look forward to.

Enjoy the anticipation Penny and TTS...

We had a holiday on the Dalmatian coast in the early 80s when it was still Yugoslavia. The best day was going round the Kornati Islands on a sail boat. I've never seen seawater as clear. In those days it was the hidden gem of the Med, now it seems that this quite spectacular part of the world is getting the recognition it deserves.

We lived in Yugoslavia in the 80's. My husband was responsible for all of the coast, Slovenia and cross accredited to Hungary. We spent half of each month travelling. Some of the best times of our life. We would go to Hvar when our sons would come over for their summer holiday. I have not been back but I intend to.

I remember all of the beautiful sailboats!

Agreed JP,

We were on what I believe was the first visits to Hvar and Zdar etc on SS. We understood the owner had chosen the itinerary personally and he was on board with his family. The locals put on quite a welcome and in particular Zdar where we docked, the local community just came out in force and stared at the ship.

There is something magical about that whole area with clear skies and seas that are unforgettable.

Hello Coolers,

So refreshing to read conversations regarding cruises and the Adriatic! Unfortunately for me, yesterday was spent at the hospital after a dizzy spell at the gym. Thankfully, all studies indicated normal results, and there was no diagnosis...which I don't know if it's good or bad. Anyway, I'm feeling much better and ready to start looking at itineraries and start planning for another cruise. Don't like the news about the hair blower...

Greetings Coolers! Another unseasonably warm day. Thunderstorms threaten as a cold front is moving in.

Cam...that must have been a little scary! Glad you are feeling better!

Lovely talk of the beauty in our world. Does wonders for the soul!

Have a great day all!

A question for all you seasoned SS cruisers. I have not participated in the Trivia competition on my previous cruises. I would really like to do so this time however, I will be going on an all day excursion to the Alhambra and will not be back in time on that day. Will that cause problems if I am on a team? Thanks....Penny

Penny...in our experience it did not adversely affect the Trivia Team. It happened a number of times on our big adventure and it was really not a big deal. Sometimes we were reduced to a team of 5 and it was still fun! We didn't take it as a blood sport (although some did). Jump in! :)

Cam,

That's a frightening experience.

Glad you are ok.

Penny,

With regard to your trivia question, we just told our team we wouldn't be there the following day.

All was taken in stride, sometimes people might even want to join for a day to take your place, of course then they would have to be told it was just for a day..

With regard to your trivia question, we just told our team we wouldn't be there the following day.

All was taken in stride, sometimes people might even want to join for a day to take your place, of course then they would have to be told it was just for a day..

Be careful giving up your spot... Lou Gehrig was only taking Wally Pipp's place for a day too, and we all know how that turned out! [emoji1]

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

Thanks all for your good thoughts. It was and is still scary but hoping for no repeats.

Re trivia, in a TA last November I checked in just to observe, and joined a team lacking two members that day. A question was asked (who is the white swan in Swan Lake) and I told the team I was sure it was Odette (ballet was my life as a child). Unfortunately, the trivia leader did not agree and said Odile. I was a bit taken aback and decide to not be a sub again. I wonder if anybody check his/her answers. Anyway, the game is much fun, Penny, and I'm sure you will enjoy it a lot.