Silversea Water Cooler: Part 3, Welcome!

Host Dan

Good to see that all Coolers are safe, and hope that all the news from their friends and family and compatriots becomes better as the days progress.

How is Spins today ....? Hope the lost cruise isn't taking too much morale toll?

All this havoc makes the mundanity of ordinary routine seem so tame and unworthy of comment. Helga behaved today and purred us down to Seaside for what will be a rainy few days with hopefully some balcony time. I'm not going to post a 'today' picture from the balcony because it is dark and grim. This was last trip instead! And a piccy of Silversea Ted to entice Mark and Sarah to join us at the Cooler!

f8fa0118b09835b1a93997940a01350a.jpg

58f5dd3c1d6e3ec086ee62e223641393.jpg

894a12a2aaf900ef02a5e401e96a2853.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hi Cams. yes it is.

I learned my Planters Punch from the barman at the old Playboy Club in Park Lane in the days when they comped me membership as long as I was taking people from The Industry with me. That is where I took pre-wifey every night after the club for a steak or a curry and where she got the false impression that I was rich and famous and she scored zero out of two on that. Then would you believe i tasted it exactly the same way at Sandy Lane, and it transpired that he had been a barman at Playboy! I also got some SS barman to do ours this way and that is how it was made for Silversea Ted. You might be able to see that they are identical.

All preferences are different but mine is roughly a large large measure of both red and white rum, angastora bitters, a decent mixed Carribean fruit juice blend, ie coconut, pinepple and orange juice, dash of lime or lemon juice, with a hefty dash of grenadine. If it is a bit too fruity it can ne loosened and lengthened with a dash of lemonade or tonic. An extremely large glass is best with anlot of ice.

Some people adorn it with an umbrella, but they do funny things to one's nose.

Hi Jeff, the bear is so cute:D

It has not even been a week but after thinking hard about it not sure I want to do Paris. I guess it is a woman's prerogative

to change her mind;)........I will think about it a bit more but cruising must be in my blood now:)..........

Watching the news.......the earthquake and its aftermath look just horrible:(...........that school was destroyed.............

my heart goes out to all those folks.

Cam: Thanks to your suggestion, my friend Lily has heard from her brother and they are safe. She still has not heard from her son. I found him on Facebook and have sent him a message. Hopefully, he will post back and she can stop worrying. Hope you are learning more about your relatives. Thank you, Penny

Hi Jeff, the bear is so cute. It has not even been a week but after thinking hard about it not sure I want to do Paris. I guess it is a woman's prerogative

to change her mind;)........I will think about it a bit more but cruising must be in my blood now:).......... Watching the news.......the earthquake and its aftermath look just horrible:(...........that school was destroyed.............my heart goes out to all those folks.

Yes, Jeff's bear and Paris pictures are very cute and nice. Fun!! BUT, am worried about Lois not being sure for the priority to be visiting Paris. I can post many, many interesting pictures from Paris, going back to my first visit there in 1970 and four later visits there. It's an amazing city with so much to see, do and offer. Let us know if we need us to lobby more as why Paris can be "perfect"!! But, cruising options can be great, too! Lots of wonderful options to consider.

Much of the media attention this morning is about San Juan and Puerto Rico. Many of the key headlines are about "Puerto Rico Goes Dark". Their electric grid in Puerto Rico was not that good before this storm, now it is even worse and will be so hard to fix, especially for the smaller towns and more rural area.

BUT, there are lots of islands, such Dominica, that have been totally damaged and had not recovered from a major tropical storm that hit them two years ago. We super loved Dominica from our wonderful February 2015 visit there. BUT, because it is a hard island for the media to get there, the attention to their current challenges have become somewhat lost in the overall mess affecting these many Caribbean areas.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

From our Jan. 25-Feb. 20, 2015, Amazon River-Caribbean adventure that started in Barbados, here is the link for that live/blog. Many visuals from this amazing river and Caribbean Islands (Dutch ABC's, St. Barts, Dominica, Grenada, etc.):

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2157696

Now at 53,317 views for these postings.

Lovely sea food.

Jeff, I remember Ted from posts years ago...is it the same bear or another bear from a different family?

Hope Cam and Penny will hear from friends and family soon!

Looking forward to hearing from Sophia that she is aboard the Spirit with a glass of bubbly in each hand.

Wonderful lunch pictures, Jeff!

Thanks all for your good thoughts. My family has reported as safe but still missing the Facebook communication from several friends. It is estimated that the Island will be without electricity for four months!! I do hope the US sends brigades over to help re-establish the distribution and communication lines that collapsed. There is also the problem of power generation...

Spins, I have a vivid image of MissS (who I have never met, but I have a running imagination) sitting pretty, laughing, and winking at us, with the two glasses of bubbly in her hands. Cheers!!!

Hi Spins, so hope you're fine ... the last week or so has been difficult and testing for you. Yes, wifey calls him Sea (or C. ) Ted and he has been on many cruises with us and drinks more than me.

Cams, Soapy will be esconced at some bar or other with three drinks. She is very private but I know she won't mind me sharing some pictures she sent me. :)

7950662a9f289e652bd8f79d3f318a74.jpg

806727ca21a8ae06ee6bbb2c5149a5f7.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Soapy will be esconced at some bar or other with three drinks. She is very private but I know she won't mind me sharing some pictures she sent me.

Are these really pictures of Jeff with his blond wig? Jeff looks great in drag!! Got to give him full credit. And, love the fruit in the drink.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

For details and visuals, etc., from our July 1-16, 2010, Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise experience from Copenhagen on the Silver Cloud, check out this posting. This posting is now at 219,835 views.

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

The food looks wonderful, Jeff! And the pics, my my!

My cruise documentation arrived via email this morning. Now, all I need to do is be patient.

My heart goes out to everyone waiting to hear from family and friends in the Caribbean and Mexico. We have been receiving Facebook posts from Mexico DF which has helped here.

The effects of these earthquakes and hurricanes are mind-boggling. Almost too many tragedies to think about.

Jeff, your food and that seaside setting are so yummy. And here I am, stuck at work with my leftovers for lunch and no bottle of rosé in my lunch bag...

The flatbread reminded me somewhat of a pissaladière.

Last night was a 10-minute dinner as we were both tired and not anxious to cook something complicated.

Frozen shrimp with garlic, green onion, and cherry tomatoes served with some nice egg pasta from Eataly. A little Grana Padano on top.

e3168b6532a979c0d50b01c16a65b5a4.jpg

Over the weekend I thawed some short ribs and made them in the crock pot. Add onions and mushrooms, and voila! A yummy easy dinner for Tuesday night, over Spätzle.

f42a3994826bc19a032f2e4ff71f8f11.jpg

We got our silver box on Tuesday. 4 weeks and 6 days until we board. I am working extra time in ICU until then. Every other week...hopefully I will get some sleep here and there because this trip will be busy. No time for relaxing on this vacation!

9b3f9540c4050258fb2290c98a555678.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

Hope you can see the impact of María on Old San Juan... which was minimal compared to the rest of the northern Island towns. I am sharing this (hope it works) so you see why these old 16th century structures are still alive and well, where other modern ones are not.

Hi friends, I have some fun news:D......I booked a cruise for next summer:D.......I will still find something else earlier

in the year for the big birthday but this trip will be another birthday gift;)...from me to me........you only turn 60 once:)

I kept looking at this cruise and decided it is really one I want to do.......it is on the Whisper and sails from Venice to

Nice.............the itinerary looks AWESOME.........sails on July 10 for 10 nights........:)