Silversea Water Cooler: Part 3, Welcome!

Host Dan

Coolers,

When the spirits are low then Management must respond by lowering the spirits.

Management is pleased to announce a six hour Extremely Happy Hour. All you can drink for $1.

Please observe the normal rules. No spitting, no throwing peanut shells on the floor, no dancing on the bar in stilettos. and no abuse of staff if they request the production of photo ID. I know that some members look younger than their age.

:)

J...brilliant post! I'm quite confident that no one would doubt that I am old enough to imbibe. And stilettos on the bar will not be an issue. Dancing bare foot on the bar is an absolute necessity though if only to avoid misplaced peanut shells on the floor! We need a lightness of spirit in the face of darkness! Let the force be with us all!

Edited by mysty

Hi folks........I have been to San Juan many, many times over the years.........I cannot imagine what the city is going to

look like after tomorrow:(......Maria looks absolutely massive and the winds are so, so bad........:eek:

Jeff. you do a stunning Carmen Miranda! :)

Agreed!! Now we know what Jeff looks like! Jeff wears these fruits with class and style.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Enjoyed a 14-day, Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Sydney to Auckland adventure, getting a big sampling for the wonders of "down under” before and after this cruise. Go to:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

for more info and many pictures of these amazing sights in this great part of the world. Now at 187,327 views for this posting.

We lost power and have just gotten it back. Consequently, I was not able to get updates on the earthquake or the hurricane. I did hear that PR is totally without power. I hope Cam has been able to check on her family and that they are okay. My friend here has not heard from her son and grandkids yet. They corresponded by cell last night but that was it.

Penny

Dear friends, I've been glued to the radio station from PR to hear the developments. It has been terrible!!! Our nephew is fine, as well as one of our cousins, but have not heard from others and our very good friends. There is destruction everywhere; the mayor of the town of Cataño (where the Bacardí rum distillery is located, and some may have visited it as a tourist attraction) has said the the town does not exist any longer. The overflowed rivers have caused extensive and dangerous flooding. One important arterial avenue in the San Juan Metropolitan Area (which we would use on a daily basis) is totally flooded with cars half buried in water. I dread for my fellow countrymen, and hope that their resilience will outshine all these difficulties.

Thank you for your kind words Mysty. The situation in Puebla, Mexico and Morelos is dire. People are working non-stop trying to rescue folks. A rescue team from Los Angeles that does earthquake recovery is on its way. A team with sniffer dogs from Guadalajara is now in Mexico City. Cam, I have spoken to my friend whose son, grandchildren and other family members are in PR. She has not heard anything since they spoke last night before the storm hit. I hope you, and she receive good news shortly.

Penny

Penny, communications are broken. Has she tried texting? It finally worked with our nephew. Where were they in PR? If necessary, please forward information and my nephew would try to communicate with them. Also, there is something in Facebook (are they in FB, as well as you?) that allows you to say you are safe. Please keep me in the loop.

You are not from Guadalajara, but I'm sure you know (as all in Latin America know) that the most beautiful women come from Guadalajara. Now I can say that the most corageous dogs do as well.

Thank you, Cam. I just spoke to her husband and they will try and text. If unsuccessful, she will let me know. Prayers for all and your beautiful island. I was last there in November.

Yes, women from Guadalajara are beautiful! I have friends from there and their daughters are so beautiful, and their son is muy guapo!

I will keep you in the loop. Y tu, tambien, por favor....

Gracias