Silversea Water Cooler: Part 3, Welcome!

Host Dan

Thanks, JP, and another evidence:

Odile is the black swan maiden and the secondary main antagonist in Tchaikovsky's Swan Lake. Her opposite is Odette, the white swan maiden, who is the heroine of the ballet while Odile is the antagonist. Odile is the daughter of Von Rothbart, who is willing to follow in her father's footsteps.

Odile | Villains Wiki | FANDOM powered by Wikia

villains.wikia.com/wiki/Odile

Wish you two had the Administration's ear. People are dying in hospital hallways because of lack of medical facilities and supples; people are dying of thirst and hunger...and entombed bodies are appearing, and dead animals are everywhere, and we can expect a serious epidemic. This is a humanitarian crisis in our backyard!!

Good morning.........I agree, the degree of help Puerto Rico is getting is deplorable:o:(..........I love the answer he gave,

"they are an Island in the middle of the ocean"....A big ocean"..........what kind of STUPID response is that?:eek:

Paraskevidekatriaphobia or triskaidekaphilia....

Where do you fit in along the scale?

For DH and I, this will be a fortuitous day this year. We will be embarking on the Muse from Ft. Lauderdale to Santiago Chile. While not the Spirit, we will be on a cruise with many exciting ports we haven't visited.

We are so ready for this cruise!

Greetings Coolers!

The poor souls in PR must be feeling abandoned at this point! Hopefully the powers that "should be" start paying more attention with aid and not just hot air!

Spins.....you are such a wit! Using phobias in your announcement is perfect! :) Personally have no issue with that number and I'm thrilled that this will be a wonderful number for you and DH! Have an awesome cruise!

Enjoy your day all!

Well, I have a three page lab result copy to give to my primary care doctor, and the blood pressure is not listed. Spins, I cannot even pronounce the words in your post! Nothing about those words or a scale... I am so glad you decided to take up a cruise! It will do you and Mr. Spins wonders after surpassing such an ordeal. I also feel I need a cruise, but we won't be able to in a while, Wishing you lots of bubbly!!!

For DH and I, this will be a fortuitous day this year. We will be embarking on the Muse from Ft. Lauderdale to Santiago Chile. While not the Spirit, we will be on a cruise with many exciting ports we haven't visited. We are so ready for this cruise!

Super glad that Spins and DH are doing this October "adventure" through the Panama Canal. Plus, plus!! Looked at the details for this Silver Muse, 18-day cruise departing Oct. 13. It will be interesting if they will still have your stop in Key West. Of most interest is the Panama Canal Transit Day. Have you done the Panama Canal previously? From our March trip through there (see live/blog connected below?, I can provide much more history, pictures and details.

Lots of interesting potentials stops in Ecuador, Peru and Chile. Will you be doing Machu Picchu? Or, have you been there previously? We have never been to this part of South America. Look forward to learning more.

Sorry to fellow Cooler mates. Been busy with lots of work projects this week. More to share later!

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Panama Canal? Completed Feb. 28-Mar. 15, 2017, Fort Lauderdale to San Francisco adventure through the Panama Canal with our first stops in Colombia, Central America and Mexico, plus added time in the great Golden Gate City. Lots of fun, interesting pictures!! Those visuals start on the second page, post #26. See more at:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2465580

Spins!! Great news and a really nice itinerary. You and the Spin Doctor deserve it.

I am just a little bummed that we don't overlap anywhere. Our cruise from Guayaquil to Valparaiso makes a number of the same stops, but we don't overlap... Would have been a lot of fun!

i-ntFH56B-X3.jpgi-VFFhNm5-X3.jpg

Sorry the screenshots of our itineraries are crummy. Oh well.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

Edited by jpalbny

Terry, Yes I have been to Panama Canal before.

Departing in three weeks!! Lots of research and prep work to do. Keep us posted as you research, plan etc. Hopefully you will be able to post pictures as you are sailing. Or, I can help get some pictures here as you travel if uploading from the ship is a challenge.

Enjoyed a 14-day, Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Sydney to Auckland adventure, getting a big sampling for the wonders of "down under” before and after this cruise. Go to:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

for more info and many pictures of these amazing sights in this great part of the world. Now at 187,805 views for this posting.

Seeing all the debris piled high, the still uprooted and fallen huge trees, hearing the buzz saws and chippers here in my locale just brings home the precarious situation Puerto Rico is in at the moment. Far worse than I can imagine.

I know there is a petition out there perhaps more than one, imploring that the Administration suspend the Jones Act for a period of time to allow supplies to get into the island. Finally the Jones Act has been suspended today, but only after huge pressure from Congress and it is only for ten days.

I hope that if that amount of time will be enough and if needed the waiver may be extended.

Amazingly enough, one of the reasons given to not waive the Jones Act was pressure from big business and Wall Street.

Amazingly enough, one of the reasons given to not waive the Jones Act was pressure from big business and Wall Street.

There is a long, tangled and twisted history with the Jones Act. Having done much research on it in the past, I did a little re-checking this afternoon. It was signed into law in 1920 by President Woodrow Wilson. It was, in part, pushed by organized labor concerned with protecting American ship-building jobs, plus requiring the crew with only U.S. citizens and U.S. permanent residents. Also, the law says the steel used in any foreign repair work on a Jones Act vessel must be accomplished for less than ten percent of the ship’s total weight. This law, that bothers me personally in many ways, is the result of a unique coalition of business and labor. They created it and fight any efforts, such as by John McCain, to change this law. There are interesting pro/con arguments on both sides of this complex and somewhat dated law that also seriously affect cruise passenger options.

For details and visuals, etc., from our July 1-16, 2010, Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise experience from Copenhagen on the Silver Cloud, check out this posting. This posting is now at 220,079 views.

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923