Silversea Water Cooler: Part 3, Welcome!

Host Dan

Hi Mudhen.......

A very warm welcome to the cooler bar....feel free to join in for cocktails anytime 🍸

My most favourite voyages are the TA's/ crossings....great fellow cruisers and a brilliant relaxed atmosphere. I would have no concerns at all....I've enjoyed every one and as a solo traveller have made many friends along the way.

Sophia ☺️

I will be doing my third TA in a row this Fall. I, too, am a solo traveller. The other cruisers have been friendly and welcoming. I will be meeting up with two of them from my last cruise on the Fall crossing. And, I love sea days.

Terry.....so sad to hear that you lost Roxie....it's terribly hard when we lose our faithful friends......safe travels to Lisbon and Bon Voyage. Captain Mino is so lovely, you'll normally see him at the pool bar around noon quite willing to have a chat. Don't miss Moss's one man show!

Great sharing with these tips for our Silver Spirit sailing and the kind wishes for our trip. Yes, arrived in Lisbon ahead of schedule this morning. Took just six and a half hours going from Philadelphia to Lisbon by air.

Super love this charming town with so much architecture, character, history and style. Below are just a few quick sight-seeing examples from this afternoon's introductory activities as we walked from our hotel on Avenue da Liberdale down to the waterfront area. Ready for lots more action in and around Lisbon. Have three and a half more days to enjoy Lisbon and nearby before boarding the Silver Spirit next Wednesday. Been catching up on some needed sleep, too! Will start live/blog after getting on the ship.

Surprised by the many hills and twisting roads in our first visit here. Lots to see and enjoy in Lisbon!! Now we need to get some dinner. Any maybe have some beer or wine.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

From our Jan. 25-Feb. 20, 2015, Amazon River-Caribbean adventure that started in Barbados, here is the link for that live/blog. Many visuals from this amazing river and Caribbean Islands (Dutch ABC's, St. Barts, Dominica, Grenada, etc.):

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2157696

Now at 51,320 views for these postings.

Here are just a few quick visual samples of our first visit to Lisbon. This includes the castle that towers over the town. This structure dates back to Roman and Moor times. Rode around on a fun Tuk Tuk vehicle to see parts of hilly old town areas. Big festival of Saint Anthony weekend happening now and going into Monday and Tuesday. Like the sunny, blue skies?:

(Open your screen/viewer wider to see these pictures larger!)

June%202017A%201541_zpseqxqlfz2.jpg

June%202017A%201543_zpsowhenzlq.jpg

June%202017A%201542_zpsgk6vvxjx.jpg

June%202017A%201544_zps3gpnqsv3.jpg

June%202017A%201545_zpsruxpebxe.jpg

June%202017A%201546_zpssfjgu1tc.jpg

Ahha.

The dreaded tuktuk!

Glad you are safe Terry.

Enjoy Lisboa.

As for using a travel agent, I have one and use the agency as they provide me with service and added incentives, much more so than the Silversea booking people. We aren't allowed to give names, but if you search the threads you will see much discussion on travel agents and what they bring to the table. In my case a lot of perks.

MLeh, I am not sure about other ships and the gluten free area, I just saw it in LaT on the Spirit. If the Food and Beverage manager is Damien, you will have good oversight regarding your specific instructions as to gluten.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I will be doing my third TA in a row this Fall. I, too, am a solo traveller. The other cruisers have been friendly and welcoming. I will be meeting up with two of them from my last cruise on the Fall crossing. And, I love sea days.

Warm welcome to the cooler Solo..☺️

Sea days l love also......port intensive can be hard work!

Always good to have a cruise to look forward to....next one for me is in September and already planning....!

Sophia 😊

Hi, being another solo cruiser, you must enjoy the TA's, if this will be your 3rd one........I always go solo but have never

done a TA........the timing is always off (W O R K):eek:.........I do enjoy sea days so I am guessing I would love it.

Warm welcome to the cooler Solo..☺️

Sea days l love also......port intensive can be hard work!

Always good to have a cruise to look forward to....next one for me is in September and already planning....!

Sophia 😊

Thank you! It is nice to be here! I, too, am planning next year..looking at Lisbon -Fort Lauderdale in October.

Hi, being another solo cruiser, you must enjoy the TA's, if this will be your 3rd one........I always go solo but have never

done a TA........the timing is always off (W O R K):eek:.........I do enjoy sea days so I am guessing I would love it.

If you have the time and the schedule fits, I would imagine you really would enjoy one.

Wow, lots to catch up on!

Cocktail hour started at 2:00 today. Had some tapas with Albariño. Then a glass of rosé. Then a movie. Now relaxing on the porch before pre-dinner drinks.

Glad to see Terry is enjoying Lisbon. Welcome to all the new folks here!

Chris and I are definitely not professional chefs...just people who like to try new recipes. And travel. And eat new and different cuisines. Glad you found the food pictured enjoyable. There are a lot of nice food shots here.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

Had a great Dinner last evening on board The Cloud at Tower Bridge in La Terrazza, really super food, the favourite pasta dish was as good as ever, great service from a very polished and professional crew.

Last time we shall see the Cloud before she is converted to what will be the most Luxurious Expedition Ship, works starting in August.

Cloud sails at 2.00 pm today and the Wind takes over the mooring alongside HMS Belfast at 4.45 pm, so the twin sisters will pass on The Thames this afternoon, perhaps somewhere around Greenwich, that would make a great picture.

Greetings Coolers! A warm and welcoming greeting to all the new denizens of the Cooler Bar!

Back from Calgary yesterday and already missing our son and his family. Time just goes so very quickly and the 10 day visit went by in a blink!

Here are a couple of pictures from our visit. First is one of the beautiful Calgary sunsets taken from the balcony of son's condo.

DSC05070_zps0xc2lidt.jpg

Our newest grandson will turn 1 year old later this month. We had an early birthday party for him while we were there. Here is his birthday cake. He only got to have a nibble as parents are concerned about sugar intake.

DSC05078_zpspzcjpns6.jpg

There are sweet moments in life and I am trying to focus on those as the world around us seems to descend into madness.

Have a great day all!

Good morning.....Hi Mysti, great photos:)

Sugar intake? I have had those issues too.......so it is not just your grandson;)........

Hope everyone has a good Sunday.:)

Good morning all.

Mysty, that is an inventively alien shaped cake. My grandson would love it!

Young kids get "sugar high" and laugh and run and become very active. Why won't it work like that for us adults?

Today is the third glorious day in my area. Spring has finally sprung. I plan to sit in the deck with a tall gin & tonic, close my eyes, and hear the birds sing. I will put away, for a while, concerns about the state of our world.

I'm so glad to read that people have enjoyed their TA cruises. The descriptions are exactly what my DH and I are hoping to experience come August.

Hi MLeh,

I've done lots of TAs and I'm on the same cruise in August but I'm afraid I don't really consider it a 'proper' TA - four sea days and one 'scenic cruising' out of 17 is not enough to develop the vibe you get with 5, 6 or even 8 sea days stretching uninterruptedly in front of you. I'm doing the cruise for the interesting ports itinerary otherwise I wouldn't be on it - I'm sure I shall be exhausted after disembarkation - 'proper' TAs are so much more relaxing!

But I always feel that if one cruise isn't everything you desire, that's a perfect excuse to take the next cruise ...

Hi MLeh,

I've done lots of TAs and I'm on the same cruise in August but I'm afraid I don't really consider it a 'proper' TA - four sea days and one 'scenic cruising' out of 17 is not enough to develop the vibe you get with 5, 6 or even 8 sea days stretching uninterruptedly in front of you. I'm doing the cruise for the interesting ports itinerary otherwise I wouldn't be on it - I'm sure I shall be exhausted after disembarkation - 'proper' TAs are so much more relaxing!

But I always feel that if one cruise isn't everything you desire, that's a perfect excuse to take the next cruise ...

I hear you. Depending upon how this west-bound one in August goes, we're contemplating a spring easterly cruise which I think almost meets your criteria for a 'proper' TA. (I'm working up to a World Cruise eventually, but don't tell my DH).

Ahha.

The dreaded tuktuk!

Glad you are safe Terry.

Enjoy Lisboa.

As for using a travel agent, I have one and use the agency as they provide me with service and added incentives, much more so than the Silversea booking people. We aren't allowed to give names, but if you search the threads you will see much discussion on travel agents and what they bring to the table. In my case a lot of perks.

MLeh, I am not sure about other ships and the gluten free area, I just saw it in LaT on the Spirit. If the Food and Beverage manager is Damien, you will have good oversight regarding your specific instructions as to gluten.

Thanks for the info re:threads. Very helpful!

Great sharing with these tips for our Silver Spirit sailing and the kind wishes for our trip. Yes, arrived in Lisbon ahead of schedule this morning. Took just six and a half hours going from Philadelphia to Lisbon by air.

Super love this charming town with so much architecture, character, history and style. Below are just a few quick sight-seeing examples from this afternoon's introductory activities as we walked from our hotel on Avenue da Liberdale down to the waterfront area. Ready for lots more action in and around Lisbon. Have three and a half more days to enjoy Lisbon and nearby before boarding the Silver Spirit next Wednesday. Been catching up on some needed sleep, too! Will start live/blog after getting on the ship.

Surprised by the many hills and twisting roads in our first visit here. Lots to see and enjoy in Lisbon!! Now we need to get some dinner. Any maybe have some beer or wine.

From our Jan. 25-Feb. 20, 2015, Amazon River-Caribbean adventure that started in Barbados, here is the link for that live/blog. Many visuals from this amazing river and Caribbean Islands (Dutch ABC's, St. Barts, Dominica, Grenada, etc.):

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2157696

Now at 51,320 views for these postings.

Hi, Terry,

I am yet another Water Cooler lurker who has read, enjoyed, and learned from everyone's posts for several years....and been too shy to post.

We'll be boarding the Silver Spirit, also in Lisbon, on 7 July. It will be our first time on the Silver Spirit (we've sailed on the Silver Wind and Silver Cloud, which we thoroughly enjoyed), so I am looking forward to reading your live blog and picking up any tips you pass along. I hope you won't mind if I pester you with questions from time to time.

Lisbon is such a fascinating city -- I am sure you will have a great time there!

Karen

Hi, Terry, I am yet another Water Cooler lurker who has read, enjoyed, and learned from everyone's posts for several years....and been too shy to post. We'll be boarding the Silver Spirit, also in Lisbon, on 7 July. It will be our first time on the Silver Spirit (we've sailed on the Silver Wind and Silver Cloud, which we thoroughly enjoyed), so I am looking forward to reading your live blog and picking up any tips you pass along. I hope you won't mind if I pester you with questions from time to time. Lisbon is such a fascinating city -- I am sure you will have a great time there! Karen

Great to hear, Karen, of your interest. YES, YES!! Lots of questions and comments are super good. Just finished our second day in Lisbon and totally loving this town. More details and photos later. Have busy day tomorrow going north up to Fatima, plus three other stops.

For details and visuals, etc., from our July 1-16, 2010, Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise experience from Copenhagen on the Silver Cloud, check out this posting. This posting is now at 216,044 views.

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

Port in Lisbon Terry. Plus a custard tart. Enjoy your next few days ........

As Jeff has ordered, we are being in full and total official compliance!! Today had both some Port wine AND that super wonderful custard tart. Great!! We are very much enjoying Lisbon. Such a nice and charming city!!

Enjoyed a 14-day, Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Sydney to Auckland adventure, getting a big sampling for the wonders of "down under” before and after this cruise. Go to:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

for more info and many pictures of these amazing sights in this great part of the world. Now at 181,458 views for this posting.