Europe 2018 cruises are up on the website

swin26

We had a thank you for sailing with us credit that we had to use by next week. It is a long way off (August 2018) but we are booked on the Koningsdam and will be overnighting in Scotland for the Tattoo concert.

You will love the Tattoo. The bands are fabulous and the backdrop of the castle with lighting quite dramatic. I loved the bagpipes.

Could someone please explain to us what this 3 star + perk means - "Advance information on new itineraries**"? Have any of you 3 star plus Mariners ever gotten advanced information on new itineraries via email before they were posted to the website?

Edited by Ken the cruiser

Could someone please explain to us what this 3 star + perk means - "Advance information on new itineraries**"? Have any of you 3 star plus Mariners ever gotten advanced information on new itineraries via email before they were posted to the website?

I haven't, at least not that I've noticed.

But then, it's only recently, when I canceled my HAL cruises and had none booked, that I started getting any advertising from HAL.

Information on new itineraries would be great since I am sick of the same ones offered for years. Someplace new would be great!

Information on new itineraries would be great since I am sick of the same ones offered for years. Someplace new would be great!

New itineraries refers more to things like this thread "2018 Europe is now available" and less like "look, here's a 12 day cruise we opened for sale and you've never seen anything like it before"... of course there can be times where buried within a huge product release there ARE some unique runs.

I've also noticed that under Orlando Ashford there has been a little shakeup in what ships are going where vs the rut they were stuck in from 2006-2014 or so

We had a thank you for sailing with us credit that we had to use by next week. It is a long way off (August 2018) but we are booked on the Koningsdam and will be overnighting in Scotland for the Tattoo concert.

We joined the Friends of the Tattoo and got our tickets online in November. The cost of joining, tickets and programs turned out to be $141 per couple. This is much less expensive than HAL is charging. There is a new Marriott Courtyard opening in February, which you can book early and it is fairly reasonable.

We will just stay in town overnight and not have to tender so many times which gives us more time in Edinburgh the next day. The website for booking and e-mailing the Tattoo office were wonderful. I downloaded a map of the seats and together we picked out our seats. On the Rick Steves' website you can get recommendations for the best view and the advice to get aisle seats to speed up your departure.

Personally disappointed. The only circle British Isles cruise is the previously available Prinsendam. All Prinsendam itineraries are just too expensive. Carnival must be letting Princess have that market.

Dennis

Dennis I agree with you. My thoughts also. I ended up booking with Princess because they offered better pricing and itinerary.

bob

Personally disappointed. The only circle British Isles cruise is the previously available Prinsendam. All Prinsendam itineraries are just too expensive. Carnival must be letting Princess have that market.

Dennis

Princess and Celebrity, but we're leaning heavy towards Princess as they leave out of Southampton vs Amsterdam and Princess has one less sea day (2 vs 3).

Dennis

I agree.... was hoping the Zuiderdam would have had the fjords and highlands route again, or else Iceland with highlands....there were some nice port stops (Portree, Newcastle on Tyne, etc) which were nice for some interesting castle stops. Seems they have focussed on Ireland more for 2018.

Edited by CJcruzer

We have an eye on the Prinsendam Baltic Cruise as we like the itinerary a lot. The day light crossing of the Kiel canal would be worth some extra bucks but right now it is way too much. 6100€ pp for a vista suite on a 14 day cruise is quite a lot. Thought that the reason are the € prices but when you from the US have the same feeling it seems to be a general price increase. We will hope for a price drop and have an eye on it. No reason to hurry imho.

Edited by keikobad

We never get advance information.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

We never get advance information.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

We asked HAL and they initially said if you have a cruise booked, your email address is removed from the future itinerary notifications distribution list. They apologized for that and gave us permanent exemption as we always book as soon as a cruise we want becomes available. Then, the other day when the rest of the summer and fall 2018 cruises got posted to the web, guess what, no email. Go figure! Sent a follow-up email asking how come. Guess what? It's now all silent on the western front. If we ever hear from them as to why we didn't get an notification email after having our email addresses readded, I'll let you all know.

I think what's really fascinating is that NO ONE has yet responded saying they have received one of these emails, not even any the 5 stars like yourselves!

Edited by Ken the cruiser