Affordable hotel near Port Everglades?

We are cruising on the Allure in April and while we could have flown in and sailed on the same day, its a little too close for comfort as we are travelling when Canadian weather is not 100 percent predictable yet, and we are travelling with a toddler.

So the flights are booked but hotel prices are crazy!!! We want to be as close to the port as possible. What are some of the "go-to" hotels that won't break the bank? (Because the cruise has already done that). :-).

Thanks so much! :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by Canukcruisenewbie

In live in North Fort Lauderdale about a 10-15 min ride to the port.

There is a Sheraton Cypress Creek that is good and showing a rate of $114.

There is a Westin (Corporate Drive Ft Laud) for $174 and a Marriott Ft Lauderdale North for $170. All 3 are good hotels and close to I95 so a quick ride on 95 South to the port.

Try Hyatt Place using

http://www.valuetrips.com

Should be $219.00 we got this rate (March 16 & 17th) even though our dates were on blackout list...Valuetrips was still able to get it so go through the booking process and see what happens...should take a couple of days to get an email response back from Valuetrips...worth a try.

Edited by Ashland

Any of the hotels in the 17th street area are always popular with cruisers. Airport and cruise terminal are very close together so don't get too concerned about free shuttles. Cab ride is under $20 with tip. Some hotels charge $8-10 per person for their shuttle and a cab is often cheaper.

Just about any reputable hotel in the area will be fine. Even consider something near Sawgrass - it's only 15 minutes to the port from all the way west.

Someone else mentioned Plantation, this is a good area near the Broward Mall, quick drive to Port Everglades. Extended Stay at Davie Road and 595 shows $108/night in February. Perfectly nice area and just 10 minutes to the port.

We have Uber here also, not sure why anyone would use a taxi....

Was just thinking - I know you are looking for affordable, and it depends on what time you get in and your budget... but if I was going to spend $300 for the night - it would be at Margaritaville Hotel on the Hollywood broadwalk. What an awesome way to start vacation.

Was just thinking - I know you are looking for affordable, and it depends on what time you get in and your budget... but if I was going to spend $300 for the night - it would be at Margaritaville Hotel on the Hollywood broadwalk. What an awesome way to start vacation.
Or down the street at the Diplomat, I love that hotel! Always enjoy going to conferences there and doing lunch at the pool area overlooking the beach!

Or down the street at the Diplomat, I love that hotel! Always enjoy going to conferences there and doing lunch at the pool area overlooking the beach!

I like Diplomat too. If I had to travel to South Florida for a cruise, I personally would show up a day or two ahead and get a sweet beach hotel. That way I'm already out of the "flying/traveling" mood by the time the cruise starts.

Edited by BNBR

We are cruising on the Allure in April and while we could have flown in and sailed on the same day, its a little too close for comfort as we are travelling when Canadian weather is not 100 percent predictable yet, and we are travelling with a toddler.

So the flights are booked but hotel prices are crazy!!! We want to be as close to the port as possible. What are some of the "go-to" hotels that won't break the bank? (Because the cruise has already done that). :-).

No such thing during spring break in FLL.

The Roadway located near Dania Beach is the cheapest pretty frequently and it has a free shuttle. However, anytime I hear someone talk about reserving a hotel in this area around April, I always caution them to find out when Fleet Week is in Port Everglades. During that week hotels book up fast and prices go up. My 2011 cruise on Allure was fleet week and when I booked in January of 2011 this was the only hotel I could get! Other cruises out of PE I have reserved room later.

The Roadway located near Dania Beach is the cheapest pretty frequently and it has a free shuttle. However, anytime I hear someone talk about reserving a hotel in this area around April, I always caution them to find out when Fleet Week is in Port Everglades. During that week hotels book up fast and prices go up. My 2011 cruise on Allure was fleet week and when I booked in January of 2011 this was the only hotel I could get! Other cruises out of PE I have reserved room later.

Fleet Week is May 1-7, 2017

Edited by rakes5

I have used Value Trips for the Hyatt Place several times. However, for my Feb. date, there was no "deal" offered, just the regular rate which IIRC was $335 before taxes.

When in feb? We're staying feb 17 for one night and got $219 through value trips

Were on the Allure April 1 and we now do Embassy Suites as it includes breakfast and Happy Hour cocktails for free

We have done the Diplomat and the Hilton Beach Marina and Hilton Beach Resort and Embassy is close as so convenient

Hotels will be full soon for April

You can check with the Super 8 in Dania. Much better price when we stayed there last Feb. Free shuttle from airport and to port the next day. Includes a small breakfast area. We had supper down the street the night before at a pizza place. Also very close to a Walgreens. .

Hampton Inn Plantation is $319 before taxes for my Feb. date! Not exactly a bargain. We have La Quinta airport for total $240 for Feb. 4.

Oh wow! I booked in Nov for 2/10 and it was $120 per night. I ended up using my points for a free night.