DEAL ALERT 4/16/2017 Oasis Eastern

I posted this on the Oasis roll call as well.

I just saw this sailing has dropped in price for some that live in certain states.

Resident rates applicable to some states for

C1 Central Park Balcony 602.00 (Includes lunch and bottle of wine promotion).

Oceanview Balcony 658.00

Since it is before final payment, you may be able to score a big price drop or upgrade. Go do a mock booking to see if your state is included. I know Georgia is.

Edited by irishgal432

Thank you.

I've been tracking several cruises and they are all cheaper this week (Easter).

I wonder why. The only thing I can think of is that airfare is expensive for this holiday week.

What do you think is the reason?

Thank you.

I've been tracking several cruises and they are all cheaper this week (Easter).

I wonder why. The only thing I can think of is that airfare is expensive for this holiday week.

What do you think is the reason?

I think it's because the bulk of public schools have off the previous week for spring break and only a day or two for the 4/16 week.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm actually booked on the Allure western that week and our prices have gone up a bit. I was lucky and booked back in December (which is probably later than many and prices were probably up from prior booking times) so my price is lower, plus I'm in a triple so that means that certain categories are unavailable for us.

I was lucky and got decent airfare. I had to buy my son a ticket after the fact (I was supposed to be on the Silhouette with my mom and already had air into FLL) and got a "decent" price for his one way, but in the intervening weeks, it went up then down and it was $42 cheaper on Tuesday than when I bought it. Given that it's Easter Sunday, I didn't want to chance losing out or rising prices, but it would have been nice to get the lower price.

Our return is on SW, and that's dropped a few times so we have credit on that. Final is Monday so after that, I expect we'll really see prices drop. I've gambled in the past and waited until after to book, but with mom coming we need a certain location, and with a triple, you can't guarantee availability.

I think this date falls into that awkward in-between season, similar to the few weeks between Thanksgiving and Christmas. We've got some really cheap Mexico AI deals during that mid April to early May timeframe too.

The schools that have later spring breaks are usually the week before Easter at the latest, colleges are only a few weeks from being out for summer, it's too late for the high priced winter season and too early for the summer vacation rush. Oasis isn't the biggest and best any more and (in my opinion) Port Canaveral is the least ideal Florida port. All of those things add up to needing to unload some cabins at low rates!

That is the lowest I have ever seen from an Oasis class ship for an Oceanview balcony.

Wasn't our OA trip last year lower than this one?? I have been watching that sailing (May 7th) and this year all D6 and D7's are gone so I am not hopeful about that one coming down. We paid a little less than $1400 total after the balcony discount for that last year

Yes, last year the balconies were really cheap that we grabbed them. Ahhh, memories.....:p

I agree!!!! I can't figure pricing- We also have the OA booked for 12/3 which historically is one of the lower priced weeks right after Thanksgiving and before Christmas. The price of that cruise for an OV balcony is up $500 total since we booked. I keep hoping it was going to go in the other direction:p

Wish we could take advantage of this one

I got totally screwed on this deal. I got all the way to the booking screen and entered guest names and proceed to try to book and it kicked me back to the itinerary selection screen. The deal was still showing so I went back through the booking process but when I got to the category selection screen the price was over $1k. However, it is still showing $385 as an available rate even though its not. I am beyond tired of Royal Caribbean's website not being up to date. Starting to feel like an intentional bait and switch if you ask me. :mad:

I posted this on the Oasis roll call as well.

I just saw this sailing has dropped in price for some that live in certain states.

Resident rates applicable to some states for

C1 Central Park Balcony 602.00 (Includes lunch and bottle of wine promotion).

Oceanview Balcony 658.00

Since it is before final payment, you may be able to score a big price drop or upgrade. Go do a mock booking to see if your state is included. I know Georgia is.

No luck from NJ. It comes to $1,200 per including the D+ balcony discount. It's cheaper at less than $1,000 per if you cruise on Allure at the same date.

Gone for Florida as well

Ellen, hate to rub salt in your wound, but I got the Oasis April 23 for $920.70 total, D7 Oceanview with balcony, about two hours ago. This was definitely a mistake in pricing similar to the Freedom Christmas cruise of a couple of years ago.

It was listed at $350 pp (approximately) two hours ago and lasted for under one hour. I then tried to book the April 16 also, but the price went from $385 pp to over $1000 pp for a balcony by the time I had finished the process of booking the April 23. Happy we got at least one of the two.

Mike

The detailed pricing was as follows for the D7:

$3,096.00

Taxes & Fees $225.70

Crown & Anchor Rates $250.00

Resident Disc $2,151.00

The $2151 Resident Discount had to have been a mistake which was quickly fixed.

Edited by Tagsalong

Ellen, hate to rub salt in your wound, but I got the Oasis April 23 for $920.70 total, D7 Oceanview with balcony, about two hours ago. This was definitely a mistake in pricing similar to the Freedom Christmas cruise of a couple of years ago.

It was listed at $350 pp (approximately) two hours ago and lasted for under one hour. I then tried to book the April 16 also, but the price went from $385 pp to over $1000 pp for a balcony by the time I had finished the process of booking the April 23. Happy we got at least one of the two.

Mike

The detailed pricing was as follows for the D7:

$3,096.00

Taxes & Fees $225.70

Crown & Anchor Rates $250.00

Resident Disc $2,151.00

The $2151 Resident Discount had to have been a mistake which was quickly fixed.

Good deal Mike- We could not have gone on those dates anyway!!! Guess we won't see you again in Boleros quite yet:)

It's a moot point now but when I was pricing it earlier (April 16th) it was showing balconies at $385 or something like that but when I went thru the reservation it priced out around $1500 for an OV balcony which was more like the $685 figure. Still a good price but not as good as the $385;)