Would you rather...?

peskyvermin

Would you rather sail for 12 days, royal Caribbean on grandeur of the sea in an interior room for 400 dollars more or do a balcony room on carnival pride for 7?

What are things you'd consider? It'll be myself who's pregnant and just wants to eat and relax, my husband and our 3 year old.

Both are out of Baltimore, so the ships aren't the biggest or newest but it's convienent. 400 dollars for double the time, but we've always had at least a porthole in our room.

Side note, I'm pleased this is the biggest dilemma I'm having in life right now.

Would you rather sail for 12 days, royal Caribbean on grandeur of the sea in an interior room for 400 dollars more or do a balcony room on carnival pride for 7?

What are things you'd consider? It'll be myself who's pregnant and just wants to eat and relax, my husband and our 3 year old.

Both are out of Baltimore, so the ships aren't the biggest or newest but it's convienent. 400 dollars for double the time, but we've always had at least a porthole in our room.

Side note, I'm pleased this is the biggest dilemma I'm having in life right now.

I had an indoor and will never again have one.I was on Carnival once and that was it for me.

I spent 10 nights in a studio cabin (100 sq ft) and it was just fine. But, it was only me without a three year old!

For me, itinerary is more important than cabin (though I've mostly sailed in balconies and miss them when I book inside or studio), but when DD was little (started cruising with her when she was under two years old) I don't think I'd have wanted to have 12 nights in an inside.

Only you know what will work for you and your family.

I have never been on Royal or on Carnival. I should probably say "yet" because you never know. Anyway, one thing to consider regarding balcony or inside cabin is, how much time do you think you will spend in your cabin? We cruise once a year, and we generally choose a balcony cabin. I told DH that if we were to go with an inside, we could afford to cruise 2x per year. :D DH said that he would rather cruise once a year in a balcony cabin than twice a year in an inside cabin. :( We do like to hang out and relax in the cabin a bit most days, especially sea days when there are a lot of people on the ship. We are only looking at cruise #7 in May, but having had an Ocean View cabin twice (which I didn't mind at all) DH decided a balcony at minimum is what he needs on a cruise to feel like he is having a good time. He loves watching for dolphins in the brisk ocean air. We spend a lot of time on the balcony when we've booked that. Good luck with your decision, and have fun!

12 days hands down.

Royal wins.

You are pregnant and going to the Caribbean? I think that you might want to Google "Zika".

Royal goes to st Thomas, St. John's, castries, basse teere, philipsburg,

Pride is 2 ports in Bahamas, Nassau and freeport

I hvae been to all ports except St. John's. Nassau and Freeport are ports that I don't feel the need to ever visit again.

Royal wins even the ports.

Me and my wife have done 21nts on Legend OTS (sister ship to Grandeur), first 11nts was in a inside cabin and the following 10 nts was in a ocean view. On that size of ship I think that 18 - 19 nts would be my limit.