Doughnut Night at Windjammer

cocobam

In a recent Allure of the Seas Cruise Compass, I see one of the nights is "Doughnut Night" at the Windjammer for dinner. I did a Google search for this, and got zero results! I'm just curious what this is - just like it sounds, doughnuts for dinner? Seems strange to me, but my kids would love it! :)

In a recent Allure of the Seas Cruise Compass, I see one of the nights is "Doughnut Night" at the Windjammer for dinner. I did a Google search for this, and got zero results! I'm just curious what this is - just like it sounds, doughnuts for dinner? Seems strange to me, but my kids would love it! :)
Have never heard of this on Allure or any other Royal ship? Allure has its own doughnut shop on the boardwalk, which I frequent every so often!....K.O.:)

I had these doughnuts fresh out of the pan a couple of nights ago on the Anthem. They will dip them in chocolate, white chocolate, or cinnamon & sugar.

DECADENTLY delicious.

These are a thousand times better than those inedible paperweights on Oasis class ships. ;)

Edited by Merion_Mom

Have never heard of this on Allure or any other Royal ship? Allure has its own doughnut shop on the boardwalk, which I frequent every so often!....K.O.:)

I enjoyed them nice & fresh with coffee in the AM, however, someone had posted that this donut section is no longer available on Allure or Oasis.

I had these doughnuts fresh out of the pan a couple of nights ago on the Anthem. They will dip them in chocolate, white chocolate, or cinnamon & sugar.

DECADENTLY delicious.

These are a thousand times better than those inedible paperweights on Oasis class ships. ;)

Was this in the WJ or somewhere else? Was it also listed in the cruise compass? We are on Anthem in February and enjoy a good donut.:)

They had a doughnut night on Navigator this past March. It was very good. They are fried up in front of you and there are various toppings to put on them. It was very good for dessert.

Edited by Ocean Boy

They had donut dinner on the Jewel in September. A staff member was frying fresh donuts at the entrance to the WJ and you could choose your topping. Jewel also had "pancake breakfast" several mornings. A staff member was preparing fresh pancakes (and waffles if I remember correctily) with a choice of toppings. My son drenched his in chocolate syrup.

DECADENTLY delicious.

Leaving for a 12 night in a few weeks. What night did they have the doughnuts? Any other good special nights in the WJ?

I remember when they had a champagne dinner in the WJ on my January 15th cruise on Anthem last year. You had to make a reservation, and they had a bottle of champagne on each table in a separate section of the WJ with a special pasta dish served to each table along with the regular WJ offerings. Haven't seen it again.

I wonder if they will have this for our harmony cruise.

Based on the number of other ships that are having it I'm hoping they do. We went to Samba that night and by the time we were done we were too full and the WJ had closed so we never got to check it out. It certainly sounds good although I can't see them being as good as a fresh Timmies donut.:)

• 11 months later...
Was this in the WJ or somewhere else? Was it also listed in the cruise compass? We are on Anthem in February and enjoy a good donut.:)

The doughnut Night in the windjammer is amazing! After dinner they fry pillows of love and have them hot plain, sugar, glazed and chocolate dipped. Amazing! Don’t miss (and eat a light meal- room for more) 🍩

The doughnut Night in the windjammer is amazing! After dinner they fry pillows of love and have them hot plain, sugar, glazed and chocolate dipped. Amazing! Don’t miss (and eat a light meal- room for more) 🍩

Welcome to Cruise Critic Katie. You are answering a question that was posted almost one year ago. (your description of the donuts was great though);p

The Anthem windjammer has a dinner theme every night. Beside the dinner they have a dessert. Besides donuts they also have a pie night and others that I have heard of. I always said we would stop in at night to see the special desserts but we never had

We were so excited about the donuts on Allure but were so disappointed. They had to be the worst donuts that I have ever had. Stay away and save the calories!!!

Leaving for a 12 night in a few weeks. What night did they have the doughnuts? Any other good special nights in the WJ?

I remember when they had a champagne dinner in the WJ on my January 15th cruise on Anthem last year. You had to make a reservation, and they had a bottle of champagne on each table in a separate section of the WJ with a special pasta dish served to each table along with the regular WJ offerings. Haven't seen it again.

When I cruised the Anthem in Aug. '16, they had a special crepe stations with various toppings, including ice cream, in the back of the WJ. Boy, delicious fresh crepes, vanilla ice cream & fudge syrup.. Can't remember which day.