AARP Carnival Gift Cards

helene109

Thanks for all the info in this thread. Signed up and with my 15k bonus and going back a few pages I racked up a total of 30k points in the first day. Who doesn’t love free money?!

FWIW, I did have a difficult time getting logged into the rewards site. Eventually deleted the app and reinstalled and then logged in. I do see the $100 and $500 Carnival gift cards listed. 

4 hours ago, wardamnweagle said:

Thanks for all the info in this thread. Signed up and with my 15k bonus and going back a few pages I racked up a total of 30k points in the first day. Who doesn’t love free money?!

FWIW, I did have a difficult time getting logged into the rewards site. Eventually deleted the app and reinstalled and then logged in. I do see the $100 and $500 Carnival gift cards listed. 

You don’t have to have the app. You can log in on the website.  The app has never been installed on my last two phones.

9 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

You don’t have to have the app. You can log in on the website.  The app has never been installed on my last two phones.

Well, we have our home insurance thru them, and wife’s automotive insurance. I’ll probably switch to them with the next vehicle purchase. So it’s not like it’s a bad thing to have. 

17 minutes ago, wardamnweagle said:

Well, we have our home insurance thru them, and wife’s automotive insurance. I’ll probably switch to them with the next vehicle purchase. So it’s not like it’s a bad thing to have. 

That’s fine. A lot of people have that drivewise tracking them and don’t realize they don’t need it.

This is so frustrating! Allstate rewards doesn't work in New York, so I have a residence in New Hampshire which I am trying to change my account's mailing address too, but it isn't working. So, now they have to delete my account, which they still haven't, and I got disconnected twice, and hung up on once. That did it for me, so I think I might have gotten this lady fired after speaking with a supervisor. Any way, I am still waiting for this email claiming my account has been successfully deleted, so I can finally create an account using my New Hampshire residence! But until then I must continue to use AARP! 😤

On 8/8/2019 at 10:17 PM, Stick93 said:

Just got my card for my cruise! 

Thanks for all the codes everyone. 

How long did it take for you to get your card? I ordered two $500 cards through Allstate August 8th... wondering if I should be concerned....

4 minutes ago, BandBWCsmom said:

How long did it take for you to get your card? I ordered two $500 cards through Allstate August 8th... wondering if I should be concerned....

I would think you'd have them by the end of the week. You should download the UPS app and register with them. You'd know exactly where it is and when it's going to be delivered.

1 minute ago, Saint Greg said:

I would think you'd have them by the end of the week. You should download the UPS app and register with them. You'd know exactly where it is and when it's going to be delivered.

What's interesting is this was at the top of my email (says no tracking info): 

Great news! We've received your
Allstate Rewards® order.

Thanks for using your Allstate points for the items listed below. We'll send you a shipping confirmation email as soon as your order ships. If your order includes magazines or gift cards you will not receive a shipping confirmation for these items. Please note that for faster service, your items may be sent in multiple shipments.

We hope you enjoy your purchase. If you have any questions, please call us at 800-642-2609. Thanks again for visiting Allstate Rewards®.

16 minutes ago, BandBWCsmom said:

What's interesting is this was at the top of my email (says no tracking info): 

Great news! We've received your
Allstate Rewards® order.

Thanks for using your Allstate points for the items listed below. We'll send you a shipping confirmation email as soon as your order ships. If your order includes magazines or gift cards you will not receive a shipping confirmation for these items. Please note that for faster service, your items may be sent in multiple shipments.

We hope you enjoy your purchase. If you have any questions, please call us at 800-642-2609. Thanks again for visiting Allstate Rewards®.

I don't get tracking info. But UPS sends me notifications since I'm registered with them...and it automatically pops up in my app a few days before delivery.

Edited by Saint Greg

13 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

I don't get tracking info. But UPS sends me notifications since I'm registered with them...and it automatically pops up in my app a few days before delivery.

Thank you. You're on the ball! I just have to cross fingers that they come in a timely manner for my August 31 sailing. 

28 minutes ago, BandBWCsmom said:

We bought a $500 card from AARP a couple weeks ago. Ordered it on a Saturday, but it didn't process until Monday. Then arrived the following Monday. The same company operates both AARP & Allstate's rewards programs. Although, I'm not sure if the gift cards will always be shipped from the same fulfillment center. Ours came from Ohio.

I second Saint Greg's advice. I signed up for UPS MyChoice and downloaded their app. You can set your account to get alerts (email and/or text) at different points of the process. And you can do things like authorize the delivery electronically, reroute it to a UPS store, change the delivery address (for a fee), etc. It'll also give you a 4-hour delivery window.

We also ordered two more $500 cards from AARP two days ago. I just happened to check my UPS account since we're talking about it and they're coming tomorrow. Woohoo! Wasn't expecting that at all. Coming from the same OH location, so I don't know why they shipped so fast this time.

4 minutes ago, Organized Chaos said:

We bought a $500 card from AARP a couple weeks ago. Ordered it on a Saturday, but it didn't process until Monday. Then arrived the following Monday. The same company operates both AARP & Allstate's rewards programs. Although, I'm not sure if the gift cards will always be shipped from the same fulfillment center. Ours came from Ohio.

I second Saint Greg's advice. I signed up for UPS MyChoice and downloaded their app. You can set your account to get alerts (email and/or text) at different points of the process. And you can do things like authorize the delivery electronically, reroute it to a UPS store, change the delivery address (for a fee), etc. It'll also give you a 4-hour delivery window.

We also ordered two more $500 cards from AARP two days ago. I just happened to check my UPS account since we're talking about it and they're coming tomorrow. Woohoo! Wasn't expecting that at all. Coming from the same OH location, so I don't know why they shipped so fast this time.

I'm so sorry for so many questions (even annoying myself). I see how to sign up for MyChoice, but I assume it won't be helpful for a package in process. I just finished sign up, but I don't see how one would correlate a shipment with me or how that all marries...it says there are no deliveries scheduled for this week. So I presume signing up after doesn't help much. 

This board is so very helpful with everyone and their wisdom. Thank you!

2 hours ago, jbethel11 said:

This is so frustrating! Allstate rewards doesn't work in New York, so I have a residence in New Hampshire which I am trying to change my account's mailing address too, but it isn't working. So, now they have to delete my account, which they still haven't, and I got disconnected twice, and hung up on once. That did it for me, so I think I might have gotten this lady fired after speaking with a supervisor. Any way, I am still waiting for this email claiming my account has been successfully deleted, so I can finally create an account using my New Hampshire residence! But until then I must continue to use AARP! 😤

Why wait for them, why don't you just create a new account with the NH address now? There's a chance it'll recognize your name or email address and tell you an account already exists, but it's worth a try. If it won't let you because of the email address, just use a different one. That's why I keep spares for stuff like this. Basically disposable email addresses.

Their customer service is terrible, in my experience. I signed up 3+ years ago with my old email address. I recently wanted to change it, but non-customers can't update email online, so I first contacted them using their "Contact Us" link. They told me I had to call and they gave me a phone number for their Rewards Dept. The person told me they couldn't do it, I'd need a different cust. service department, and they gave me a second number. I called that one and they told me they were regular Allstate customer service, that I needed Rewards customer service. So they sent me back to the first number I called. I got a different person at that point and she told me she updated my email address, but she didn't. So as a workaround, I just automatically forward anything that comes to that old email address into the one I want. Maybe one of these days I'll try again.

17 minutes ago, BandBWCsmom said:

I'm so sorry for so many questions (even annoying myself). I see how to sign up for MyChoice, but I assume it won't be helpful for a package in process. I just finished sign up, but I don't see how one would correlate a shipment with me or how that all marries...it says there are no deliveries scheduled for this week. So I presume signing up after doesn't help much. 

This board is so very helpful with everyone and their wisdom. Thank you!

Don't be sorry, no problem at all. It should detect any current shipments that are scheduled for your address, so I would think it'd show up, but I could be wrong.

If you open the drop-down menu under "Quick Start" (the little down arrow next to that), is there a number 1 by "Manage Home Deliveries?" If there is, click on that, then click See All My Shipments to view the tracking info. This is what my Quick Start menu looks like right now since I have 1 delivery scheduled...

uc?export=download&id=11X1cMvdVUb_MbiZpg

9 hours ago, Organized Chaos said:

Why wait for them, why don't you just create a new account with the NH address now? There's a chance it'll recognize your name or email address and tell you an account already exists, but it's worth a try. If it won't let you because of the email address, just use a different one. That's why I keep spares for stuff like this. Basically disposable email addresses.

I also need to input my mobile phone number, and I only have one. Even trying a random mobile phone number wouldn't work, so I just have to wait. I emailed them back multiple times, but have not received a response from the person actually working my case.

9 hours ago, Organized Chaos said:

Their customer service is terrible, in my experience.

Yep.