AARP Carnival Gift Cards

helene109

Has anyone ever had an issue not receiving their gift cards? The last time we did this they offered Email delivery which was pretty close to instant. It makes me nervous to order 3000.00 worth of cards and have to wait for them to come in the mail. Just wondering what everyone else's experiences are. 

40 minutes ago, Meliss6184 said:

Has anyone ever had an issue not receiving their gift cards? The last time we did this they offered Email delivery which was pretty close to instant. It makes me nervous to order 3000.00 worth of cards and have to wait for them to come in the mail. Just wondering what everyone else's experiences are. 

That amount will come via UPS signature required. Anything 500 or over does.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Meliss6184 said:

When I have ordered $400 worth, they have come in the regular mail fairly quickly. I ordered $2500 and $1500 and both came UPS requiring a signature. I wasn't home for one so it was sent to the nearest UPS store for me to pick up

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Meliss6184 said:

To be perfectly honest, there have been a couple people on here who had a little trouble. I can't remember if they had ordered them from Allstate or AARP, but since the same company operates the rewards programs for both of them, it probably doesn't matter. I remember one person saying it had been a few weeks and they had to make a couple calls, but it eventually got straightened out. So far, problems like that have been rare as far as people on this forum buying these cards goes. So I wouldn't worry about it if I were you. There's been many of us buying hundreds of these gift cards without any major issues.

And as the last two people have said, an order that large will ship via UPS. You can create a UPS MyChoice account for free and, once your order is handed over to UPS, you can track it every step of the way using their website and/or mobile app. The MyChoice service gives you a delivery date, tracking info., a 4-hour delivery window, it gives you the option to get a 2-hour delivery window (for a fee), you can re-route your order to a UPS Store, re-route it to another address (for a fee), or authorize the delivery without a signature, but that's not advisable since we're talking about a lot of money in gift cards.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Turned one of my employees onto this two weeks ago as he was getting ready to finalize his cruise for October. His final payment was due on a Thursday. He ordered his cards the Friday before and they got there Tuesday. 

Im up to 55k points in just a few weeks and I didn’t really scour the thread except for the few pages prior to when I signed up.  

I just signed up for ALLSTATE Rewards, since AARP Rewards will be ending in a couple of weeks.  I though I read that once I downloaded the APP and got the account on my computer that I could delete the APP on my phone.  I am not tech savvy so I am not sure what I am doing.  I don't want to mess up anything.  

Thanks everyone for your help and the codes.  Greatly appreciate all the assistance.

24 minutes ago, patcruise1 said:

I just signed up for ALLSTATE Rewards, since AARP Rewards will be ending in a couple of weeks.  I though I read that once I downloaded the APP and got the account on my computer that I could delete the APP on my phone.  I am not tech savvy so I am not sure what I am doing.  I don't want to mess up anything.  

Thanks everyone for your help and the codes.  Greatly appreciate all the assistance.

I downloaded it when I first signed up. Since then I’ve had two phones that have never had it. I just go directly to the website.

Www.allstaterewards.com

Edited by Saint Greg

8 hours ago, patcruise1 said:

The AARP rewards program isn't ending, it's just being revamped into a new system. We don't know if they'll still sell Carnival gift cards, but we're all hoping they will. I suspect they will because the same company that operates Allstate Rewards also operates AARP Rewards.

If you're a non-Allstate customer, you have to create your rewards account through the Allstate app first. Once  you complete that, you don't necessarily need the app. I wrote this up in another thread the other day so I'll just copy/paste most of it here to make things easier...

You do not have to be an Allstate customer to join this program. If you are, I'm assuming you just login to Allstate Rewards through your regular Allstate account. However, if you're not a customer (I am not), it's a bit trickier. Non-customers have to join Allstate Rewards through their Allstate smartphone app. Download the app and click on create an account. If you're not a customer, make sure on the next step you choose the option "Drivewise only (No Allstate policy)." Then just enter your information to create your account. Drivewise is their service that tracks your driving and can award you points for good driving by doing things like keeping it under a certain speed and avoid hard braking. When you first set it up, you have to let the app track you through GPS. You can leave tracking on if you want to continue to earn points that way, but you don't have to. Me, I created my account a few years ago and deleted the app.

In addition to earning points by letting Drivewise track you, you'll also receive emails with promotional codes in them. These codes are worth at least 1,000 points, sometimes 2,000 or 3,000. You use these points to get the 10% discount on the Carnival gift cards. You can do this through the app itself, or if you'd rather use a web browser, just go to: https://myaccountrwd.allstate.com/anon/account/login?campaign=145.

To avoid any confusion, the link Saint Greg posted (https://www.allstaterewards.com) redirects to the longer URL that I linked to.

I think you get 10,000 points just for signing up and another 5,000 for going to the rewards website for the first time. Then go back through this thread and try all of the codes shared here. Some are expired, but many of them still work and are worth tens of thousands of points. It's a tedious process, but well worth it in the end.

I haven't really explored the AllState Rewards website to see if there are other discounts like hotels and airlines that I might like to use, but if there other things you want to use these points on, then I think having a spouse, friend, sibling, or child sign up can very quickly multiply points you can earn for more than just cruises. 

Perhaps most people already found this feature like me, but if you click on account at the top of the website when you are logged in, you'll find a complete history of all the codes you've successfully used already. 

This means you could take photos of all the codes on your phone, then use those photos to enter codes for any other account that family or friends have set up.

That would be a super easy and fast way to earn points to use.

Some people on here have gotten very good at guessing hidden codes. One page back is FALLTRENDS19 for 1,000 points, which I also got an email for from Allstate, but someone either got a different email or simply made some different tries and figured out FALLTRENDS2000 also existed and yielded 2,000 points. Playing around with putting the year in front of, or in back of the phrase, with the year expressed both by 19 and 2019 sometimes works. Then sometimes, like in this case taking the emailed FALLTRENDS19 and trying FALLTRENDS2000 also turned out to work. Using 2k or 1k before or after the phrase also has worked. 

It's great that people are sharing their code finds here.

How long do the gift cards normally take to be shipped?

Just ordered a bunch but the final payment is due on the 16th... Kind of nervous that they won't arrive in time.

I'm sorry if someone already covered this but there are soooo many pages to scroll thru on the thread lol

Thanks in advance!

Gary

49 minutes ago, garypolton said:

Just ordered a bunch but the final payment is due on the 16th... Kind of nervous that they won't arrive in time.

I'm sorry if someone already covered this but there are soooo many pages to scroll thru on the thread lol

Thanks in advance!

Gary

Up to 10 business days, which would put you after your FPD. Normally, CC members receive their gift cards in an average of 1 week, though YMMV.

3 hours ago, garypolton said:

Thanks in advance!

Gary

Did you order $500 or more? If so, they'll come UPS and will require a signature. Orders under $500 come USPS and don't need a signature. Some people were having trouble in the past with USPS taking longer, but I haven't heard much chatter lately. Last month we bought one $500 card and it took 7 days (UPS). A couple weeks later, we bought two $500 cards and they arrived in 3 days. They came from the same fulfillment facility, so I have no idea why there was such a big difference.

If yours are coming UPS, create a (free) UPS MyChoice account and download their app. It'll let you track the order as soon as it's handed over to them. There's some other features too.

Here's to hoping you get lucky and get them in time. If not, you can use them for things like Cheers, excursions, internet, online Fun Shop purchases, or take them onboard with you to add to your S&S account. They don't expire, so you could also save them for the next cruise.

4 hours ago, N7786W Flyer said:

SAFETECH4FALL19  = 1000 points

19SAFETECH4FALL  = 2000 points

Garnett

Dang, beat me to it. Thanks for posting.

I think I'm noticing something. Many of the codes Cabo Bob figured out had three different variations, for a total of 3,000 points (1,000 each). It looks like 3,000 points seems to be the key number when they release codes because I've noticed when one code is worth 2,000, it'll only have one other variation worth 1,000 points...again, totaling 3,000 points overall. It doesn't apply every time, but seems to be pretty common. Just an observation.

34 minutes ago, Nevada Jen said:

is there a limit to how many you can purchase in one day or transaction?  I need to get a bunch right away to pay off my cruise by October 7.

Allstate allowed me to add 10 five hundred dollar cards. So that likely is enough to pay off your cruise.