AARP Carnival Gift Cards

helene109

Just got mine! Ordered two $500 cards on August 8th. Came via UPS today and had to sign. So lucky i was home. Did sign up for that UPS MyChoice after the fact (THANK YOU for that suggestion) so hopefully, in the future I'll know when my cards are arriving.

Thank you to everyone for the great advice/tips. 

5 minutes ago, BandBWCsmom said:

Just got mine! Ordered two $500 cards on August 8th. Came via UPS today and had to sign. So lucky i was home. Did sign up for that UPS MyChoice after the fact (THANK YOU for that suggestion) so hopefully, in the future I'll know when my cards are arriving.

Good to hear. We got our two $500 today, too. Except ours came from AARP (using up our points before the changeover). They processed Monday (we technically ordered on Sunday) and only took two days. I was very surprised because a couple weeks ago, it took a whole week. No idea why they did it differently.

I got lucky today. They estimated delivery between 11:45-3:45 and it showed that time even after the package was out on the truck. So I thought I'd have a little time and didn't need to be home all morning. Well, I happened to check the app around 9:30 and the delivery window had changed to 8:30-12:45, so I rushed home just in case and he showed up 10 minutes after I got there. That was a close one.

22 minutes ago, BandBWCsmom said:

Also with that you’ll be able to sign for it on the app or redirect. If I’m getting a package from amazon, I’ll sign so they can leave it. For these expensive gift cards I redirect the delivery to a ups store and pick them up on my way home from work.

1 hour ago, Saint Greg said:

Also with that you’ll be able to sign for it on the app or redirect. If I’m getting a package from amazon, I’ll sign so they can leave it. For these expensive gift cards I redirect the delivery to a ups store and pick them up on my way home from work.

Also useful to know. What's great is my Cheers package is now purchased at a discount for our August 31 cruise. I learned so much (late for maximum benefit this cruise) but so much for going forward. 

Thanks again!

2 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

I've been thinking about the feature to authorize delivery without signature. It could be helpful, but it kind of freaks me out. It says if you do it that way, the driver's "delivered" notice becomes the only proof they need. We live in a rural area, so I'm not worried about a package thief, but I do worry about a dishonest driver who could easily log it as delivered and swipe it since I technically "signed" for it. A bit paranoid, yeah, but we're talking about a lot of money in gift cards. Our nearest UPS store is 30 minutes away and we only go that way maybe a couple times/month. We'd make a special trip if we had to, but it's not ideal.

1 hour ago, BandBWCsmom said:

Also useful to know. What's great is my Cheers package is now purchased at a discount for our August 31 cruise. I learned so much (late for maximum benefit this cruise) but so much for going forward. 

Thanks again!

They're a great way to save. We currently have two cruises booked and by using these gift cards for both of them, we'll save over $400 on their fares alone. Plus the savings from other things we'll use them for.

10 minutes ago, Organized Chaos said:

I've been thinking about the feature to authorize delivery without signature. It could be helpful, but it kind of freaks me out. It says if you do it that way, the driver's "delivered" notice becomes the only proof they need. We live in a rural area, so I'm not worried about a package thief, but I do worry about a dishonest driver who could easily log it as delivered and swipe it since I technically "signed" for it. A bit paranoid, yeah, but we're talking about a lot of money in gift cards. Our nearest UPS store is 30 minutes away and we only go that way maybe a couple times/month. We'd make a special trip if we had to, but it's not ideal.

Yeah when I do it it’s a low risk situation. I did it the other day for a $7 order.

I’ve seen people do it for $1,000 in gift cards which I think is crazy.

Edited by Saint Greg

1 minute ago, Saint Greg said:

Yeah when I do it it’s a low risk situation. I did it the other day for a $7 order.

I’ve seen people do it for $1,000 in gift cards which I think is crazy.

Exactly. I would never risk something of high value by the discretion of the deliverer.

Thanks to everyone who contributed to this thread. I signed up last Saturday evening at Allstate Rewards, went back through this thread, applied all the codes I could find, some codes worked, some expired, but in a couple of hours racked up over 50,000 points.

I used 47,000 points to buy $4,700 in gift cards I was going to have to pay in the next couple of weeks to Carnival anyway, and saved ten percent on my final payment ($470) thanks to all of y'all. 

I ordered and paid for the cards online at allstaterewards.com on Saturday night. UPS delivered them this afternoon (Wednesday). I also signed up for the free UPS delivery app for my address, so starting last Monday I was able to track the progress of the cards as they worked their way to me. 

Thanks again!

• Like 2

Found one!

19SUMMERSAVE               1000

2019SUMMERSAVE           1000

SUMMERSAVE19               1000

Been slacking but the summer family cruise was awesome.

Thank You to everyone here for all the points. It really, really helped to be able to take the whole family with us.

Cabo Bob :classic_tongue::classic_biggrin::classic_tongue: and his toungettes

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CABO BOB said:

Found one!

19SUMMERSAVE               1000

2019SUMMERSAVE           1000

SUMMERSAVE19               1000

Been slacking but the summer family cruise was awesome.

Thank You to everyone here for all the points. It really, really helped to be able to take the whole family with us.

Cabo Bob :classic_tongue::classic_biggrin::classic_tongue: and his toungettes

Thanks! Even the toungettes need a vacation every now and then 😉

Hey all! I wanted to inform you of what happened when I try to register and to prevent this from happening to others in the future! I do not have an Allstate policy, so I do not have the drivewise gadget than can be attached to the rear-view mirror. So, I needed to register via the Allstate mobile app with the assistance of @Organized Chaos (thanks again, for the help 😁). I tried to register and did so successfully until I wanted to log onto the Allstate Rewards website. It asked me to "upgrade my account" by inputting some personal information. Reluctantly, I did, and it then led to me a message saying, "Unfortunately, we cannot help you, bla bla bla, and you need to call our number." So I did, and the costumer service representative tried to resolve my problem. Sadly, it did not get fixed, and I had to register a new account. I told him, "I have a New Hampshire residence, I could use that." He instructed me to reinstall the app. I did, and tried to create a new account with my New Hampshire residence. Because I only have one mobile phone number, I could not create a new account, even under a new email address. I explained to him what was going on, all the while trying to figure out personally what was going on. I went back to that website where I received the "Unfortunately, we cannot help you, bla bla bla, and you need to call our number," and it said the feature wasn't available in New York. The guy was surprised, and told me I would have to call another department the next day. I said, okay, and I waited. The next day, I called in and reexplained everything that happened (which is one of my pet peeves). The first lady I spoke with said she couldn't do anything about it, and had to transfer me over to another guy, a technical support agent. The microphone made him sound so mumbled I told him many times I couldn't hear him, and then he answered: that was the best he could do, and he said he would try to delete the account. That failed. So, he had to escalate the situation, which he said would take 1-7 business days. I, of course, looked at the latter side and asked him, "So, it could take up to 7 business days?" He affirmed, and I said: alright, fine, you can delete it. I asked to speak with his supervisor, and his supervisor said: "We will explain to them this is a customer in jeopardy situation," which did absolutely NOTHING to speed up the process. I asked him for point compensation, and he gave me 5,000 points as compensation for this inconvenience (which is nowhere near the number of points I have in my point bank right now). Fast forward to the next business day, I called to check the status, and one of the operators HUNG UP on me. That cut it, now I was livid. I spoke to a manager who apologized, and said: "we will report this to our team, and her manager." I asked her about the status of my account, and she didn't know, and I was told to contact the person who emailed me a few days prior. I did, and I was then told to email another agent who had also contacted me. Less than one week later, the guy emailed me and explained that my account's deletion attempt failed, and it was going to take longer than expected. Whatever, I will wait longer. At this point, 5,000 points weren't going to cut it, and I was thinking much more! I wanted more points on top of the 5,000 already awarded to me. Finally, this Monday, after the full seven business days, I received notice that my account had been successfully deleted. I called, and asked to be guided through the steps to make a new account, so if anything goes wrong, I would already be on the phone with them. I was successfully able to create my account, but believe it or not; the story doesn't end here. I was awarded the 5,000 points I was promised. But, as I wrote earlier, I wanted more points for the inconvenience. I called in, and was HUNG UP ON, again. I asked to speak with a supervisor, who was very kind, and said the same thing as the other supervisor said, but this time was more understanding. He said I would have to speak with the rewards department about getting more points. Long story short, I received the number of points I requested, and I now have an understanding of what customer service is REALLY like.

TLDR: Patience and persistence are key!

48 minutes ago, n6uqqq said:

I see Allstate and AARP now have gift cards for Princess cruises in 100 and 500 cards.

Now if we could only get them to stock some e-cards.

24 minutes ago, jbethel11 said:

TLDR: Patience and persistence are key!

I've had to deal with their customer service for something very simple and got the run-around too. All I wanted to do was update my email address associated with my account. They told me they did it, but never did.

Welcome to the club.

3 minutes ago, Organized Chaos said:

Now if we could only get them to stock some e-cards.

YEP!

3 minutes ago, Organized Chaos said:

I've had to deal with their customer service for something very simple and got the run-around too. All I wanted to do was update my email address associated with my account. They told me they did it, but never did.

Welcome to the club.

Thanks 😂