AARP Carnival Gift Cards

helene109

1 hour ago, jparker10508 said:

new code- 19laborday

It was posted a while back when CaboBob was sleuthing a bunch of codes before they were released, but thanks anyway. 👍 You can also do 2019laborday and laborday19, both 1,000 points.

If you haven't already, it's worth it to go back through this thread and try codes that have already been posted. Many have expired, but plenty are still good and worth thousands of points.

We primarily cruise with Princess. I've used Allstate cards on my Carnival cruises, and have patiently waited till Princess came out with some cards. Thanks to this thread, I found out they had come out. I'm up to $4000 so far in ordered cards and will continue to purchase up to $8000 as long as they are available.

Mahalo

57 minutes ago, Yehootu said:

We primarily cruise with Princess. I've used Allstate cards on my Carnival cruises, and have patiently waited till Princess came out with some cards. Thanks to this thread, I found out they had come out. I'm up to $4000 so far in ordered cards and will continue to purchase up to $8000 as long as they are available.

Mahalo

You can't go wrong with saving 800 dollars 😉

18 minutes ago, Yehootu said:

And I use my Princess card, so no double points, but I do get the points and 10% on top of that.

Yeah, even if you buy these discounted Carnival gift cards with the Carnival MasterCard, they don't give the double points because these gift cards don't come from Carnival. That's a bummer, but at least they give the regular points. 10% savings may not seem like a lot to some, but it adds up. We currently have two booked and these cards have saved us a total of about $450 so far.

Just now, ScreenSwoons said:

Thanks so much for posting all these codes! I was bummed that I would miss out on the discount since I didn't have enough AARP points. I got wayyy more points than I needed on Allstate and was able to order cards for my next cruise. Ya'll are the best!

Within 3 weeks I scored (well technically) 57,000 points! 

Last Blast of Labor Day..

New Codes for 3000 points

19TAILGATE

2019TAILGATE

TAILGATE19

Take care everyone.                           

Cabo Bob :classic_tongue::classic_biggrin::classic_tongue:cabo bob and his toungettes

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 8/21/2019 at 5:47 PM, Squadleader said:

Thanks to everyone who contributed to this thread. I signed up last Saturday evening at Allstate Rewards, went back through this thread, applied all the codes I could find, some codes worked, some expired, but in a couple of hours racked up over 50,000 points.

I used 47,000 points to buy $4,700 in gift cards I was going to have to pay in the next couple of weeks to Carnival anyway, and saved ten percent on my final payment ($470) thanks to all of y'all. 

I ordered and paid for the cards online at allstaterewards.com on Saturday night. UPS delivered them this afternoon (Wednesday). I also signed up for the free UPS delivery app for my address, so starting last Monday I was able to track the progress of the cards as they worked their way to me. 

Thanks again!

So cashing these in just allowed you to save 10% right?  You didn't exchange all of those points even up for gift cards right?  

Sorry I'm still a newbie here... 

21 minutes ago, Daddymikey1975 said:

So cashing these in just allowed you to save 10% right?  You didn't exchange all of those points even up for gift cards right?  

Sorry I'm still a newbie here... 

You use cash & points to buy gift card from the Allstate rewards site that you use to pay for your cruise.

CARNIVAL CRUISE GIFT CARDS $100

Retail Price:
$100.00
You Pay: 
$90.00

(10% Savings)

CARNIVAL CRUISE GIFT CARD $500
Retail Price:
$500.00
You Pay: 
$450.00

(10% Savings)

Edited by TLC535

So I was writing up a post in another thread about Allstate and came back to this one to reference some of the info. I had given jbethel a few pages back. I just noticed that the powers that be deleted a majority of our conversation. That irks me because I don't think we violated the TOS. But most of all, that conversation could've been very helpful to anyone new to Allstate Rewards. I posted a run-down of how to create a new account on the app, including multiple images that I took time to capture and upload, and all of that would've been very helpful to newcomers. It's very disappointing that all that was deleted.

• Like 1

As I recall, I got 5,000 points for signing up and 10,000 points for installing the app on my phone that tracks by driving (which also awards small amounts of points as you drive, typically 200 every few days). That plus all the codes here got me over 50,000 points in a couple of hours. For the sake of clarity let's say my cruise bill I owed Carnival was $5,000. It takes 50,000 points to purchase $5,000 in $500 gift cards, that I only pay Allstate Rewards $4,500 to buy. I paid for and ordered the gift cards from Allstate rewards (took 5 days to arrive). When they arrived, I called Carnival, gave them the gift card numbers and they applied the cards to the $5,000 I owed them. That saves you $500 off a $5,000 bill and uses up 50,000 points. You can also buy $100 gift cards in the same manner. 

Let's face it, Carnival forces us to pay in full 90 days in advance of the cruise, it's nice to pull back a discount of 10% from them on a bill I thought I'd have to pay in full anyway.

If you need more points for another cruise, I'm pretty sure you could use a wife or child to gather that many points together again. Heck, I've already built up another 30,000 points in the last few weeks I can use on another cruise for next year. If you're going on a cruise anyway, using these points is a no-brainer, free money really.

Edited by Squadleader
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Squadleader said:

As I recall, I got 5,000 points for signing up and 10,000 points for installing the app on my phone that tracks by driving (which also awards small amounts of points as you drive, typically 200 every few days). That plus all the codes here got me over 50,000 points in a couple of hours. For the sake of clarity let's say my cruise bill I owed Carnival was $5,000. It takes 50,000 points to purchase $5,000 in $500 gift cards, that I only pay Allstate Rewards $4,500 to buy. I paid for and ordered the gift cards from Allstate rewards (took 5 days to arrive). When they arrived, I called Carnival, gave them the gift card numbers and they applied the cards to the $5,000 I owed them. That saves you $500 off a $5,000 bill and uses up 50,000 points. You can also buy $100 gift cards in the same manner. 

Let's face it, Carnival forces us to pay in full 90 days in advance of the cruise, it's nice to pull back a discount of 10% from them on a bill I thought I'd have to pay in full anyway.

If you need more points for another cruise, I'm pretty sure you could use a wife or child to gather that many points together again. Heck, I've already built up another 30,000 points in the last few weeks I can use on another cruise for next year. If you're going on a cruise anyway, using these points is a no-brainer, free money really.

That's right. I also use them to save 10% on cheers, 10% on wifi, 10% on my sail & sign card...maybe 10% on gratuities (if I have a bunch of OBC I may let that take care of those). You could use it to save 10% on Carnival excursions. I have the Carnival Mastercard which does the same thing.

That's a good point Greg. I did in fact use them to pay the gratuities on our cruise. I take the kids mostly for the weather, warm water, the beaches, and that I can actually get to have breakfast and dinner with them in the dining room, but I don't drink, buy excursions through the line, gamble, or really spend much extra money, so I didn't do that, but other people can use the discounted gift cards if they do those things. I'm probably Carnival's worst nightmare!

5 hours ago, Squadleader said:

Even if you don't use alternate accounts or other family members to accrue points, new codes are posted to this thread regularly. Each code is worth a minimum of 1,000 points, which gets you a $100 card, so it's not too hard to build up points again. We currently have a 5-day and an 8-day booked and are saving around $450 total between the two cruise fares alone. Plus more when we buy extras, like internet or take cards onboard for S&S. That's $450 we get to keep in our pocket. It can be used to splurge on the cruise when we otherwise couldn't or, as a family on a budget, it could provide a bit of a cushion elsewhere. No matter how you look at it, it's a huge advantage.

• Like 2