WHAT the HECK Happened to this site???

flamomo

Was not able to post a quick reply on a thread I was viewing earlier today. I do like the fact that all extra signatures trips and stuff at the bottom of individual threads is compacted. It used to take forever to scroll thru threads.

New Cruise Critic logo.

Sure hope they didn't pay big bucks to some designer. And if that curve in the white area between the yellow and blue arcs is meant to symbolize a wave, they are really stretching.

It's so ...... BLAH!!!

It's bad enough that we longtime users have had to endure getting accustomed the new format, but changing the logo is just one change too many. Especially when it's to something that makes no real visual impact. It seems to fade away into the whiteness on the header. Yuck!!!

New Cruise Critic logo.

Sure hope they didn't pay big bucks to some designer. And if that curve in the white area between the yellow and blue arcs is meant to symbolize a wave, they are really stretching.

Change for changes sake - hope it makes someone happy - adds nothing - except maybe to someone's ego

It's a bit like a cruise lines website efforts don't you think Flyer Talker?

I was doing fine with the new format. I think its looks clean and refreshing

BUT...

I had to do one of those stupid Captcha, I'm not a Robot things just now when I signed in. WTH???!!! :mad:

I was also surprised yesterday. I thought it was because I was attaching a file. So also for logging in? Didn't have it today. Must be random.

Man, some of you folks are SALTY.

I am very happy that they modernized the look of the cruise critic boards...it was very outdated, and the super wide format they used to have is actually harder to read for desktop users. If you're used to that format then the change might take a little bit of getting used to, but it's pretty much objectively better. I'm sure you guys don't read books as wide as your computer screens, right?

The new logo is also better. Maybe you could argue that you liked the old font more, but come on...the old blue ribbon graphic looks like Microsoft Word clipart.

I think since the demographic of this forum probably swings older than average people might be more averse to change. But the old format was not easy on the eyes and very difficult to navigate. New users to the site who have not become accustomed to working around the flaws of the old format will almost certainly prefer the new format.

I still don't like the new format--the glare actually gives me a headache. And, (I've been gone a while) what happened to the button to skip to the last read post? Can't fine it tonight.

Also, everything is just too big.

I still don't like the new format--the glare actually gives me a headache. And, (I've been gone a while) what happened to the button to skip to the last read post? Can't fine it tonight.

Also, everything is just too big.

Turn down the brightness on your device!

I duslike the full sugnatures not shown. I like to see everyone's cruise background from newbie to pro. Just lends authority to their posts

And some of us turn the signatures off . . .

If a post is one that leads me to wonder, I can always check the sig.

I duslike the full sugnatures not shown. I like to see everyone's cruise background from newbie to pro. Just lends authority to their posts

Seriously? Some peoples' signatures are so big that they will fill up your entire screen. They're there with just one click when you want to see them, but having every ENORMOUS signature displayed in full at all times is such a waste of space.

Turn down the brightness on your device!

On my monitor? Still use a desktop. The brightness is just fine on every other site.

On a good note the last read post button is back.

I've always turned off the signatures; take up too much space.

I don't like it because everything is too spread out. You have to do far too much scrolling to get where you want to be.

And I couldn't find any option to change back to the old format, in spite of the directions given here.