Dinner attire - men/boys in nice shorts?

Houstonmom1

Read your cruise compass to find out the suggested dress. Many time it will specifically say no shorts in the MDR for dinner. There are sometimes signs outside the MDR saying no shorts, but many ignore the signs and are not turned away.

People are dressing much more casual than they have in years past. Even formal night isn't close to formal. Some think a sundress is formal or khakis and a Hawaiian shirt.

Just be prepared to be turned away if they decide to enforce the suggested attire for the night.

What bother's me (and not a lot does) are "hat's" of any kind on men worn at the table regardless if it's a formal or casual morning, afternoon or night.:eek:

If you're talking about baseball hats, I agree with you. But fashion hats like fedoras or trilbys are part of the outfit. Asking someone to remove them is akin to asking that person to remove their shoes.

Dress codes dress codes. It more or less depends on the enforcer.

Not the MDR, but a more strict dress code applies to the SL on Allure on Formal Nights.

It names dress that is prohibited.

d257a4f73ed0563bca3fdc306b1cead8.jpg

But you see all kinds of wear prohibited. Pictures from Formal Night in SL.

Lady in her pajamas.

af00b1c870eedaf848d7e370585ae08d.jpg

Other prohibited wear on Formal Nights

001f6f66ed4dfcc6b6133e4f7f2ce795.jpg

07ec4a095d64b9f5bdf26beb592807d5.jpg

dade029adcd7168353fda2117d59e289.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

For some reason, and maybe because of the heat in summer in Galveston and Caribbean, we see more shorts in MDR. There is a written rule that suggests you wear long pants, but I think it is up to the discretion of the restaurant manager at the time. If you dress nice, and don't look like Sasquatch with shorts and a "wife beater" on, you will probably not run into any problem. On the other hand...., they have a rule they can use if needed

No excuse, the ship has A/C

What bother's me (and not a lot does) are "hat's" of any kind on men worn at the table regardless if it's a formal or casual morning, afternoon or night.:eek:

Yes me, too. The baseball cap guys, with shirt and shorts. Wish their mama'S taught them better!![emoji849]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If you're talking about baseball hats, I agree with you. But fashion hats like fedoras or trilbys are part of the outfit. Asking someone to remove them is akin to asking that person to remove their shoes.

Sorry...but I'm talking about all hat's...they just don't belong at the dinner table.

Shoes vs Hat's...not nearly the same thing :rolleyes:

Dress codes dress codes. It more or less depends on the enforcer.

Not the MDR, but a more strict dress code applies to the SL on Allure on Formal Nights.

It names dress that is prohibited.

d257a4f73ed0563bca3fdc306b1cead8.jpg

But you see all kinds of wear prohibited. Pictures from Formal Night in SL.

Lady in her pajamas.

af00b1c870eedaf848d7e370585ae08d.jpg

Other prohibited wear on Formal Nights

001f6f66ed4dfcc6b6133e4f7f2ce795.jpg

07ec4a095d64b9f5bdf26beb592807d5.jpg

dade029adcd7168353fda2117d59e289.jpg

Not sure you should be posting pictures of people (unaware & unconsenting) on a public forum. JMHO

Why? People post pictures in reviews all the time where there's people in the background.

Yes...of course you're right...but these people and how their dressed is the subject matter and their pictures were taken on purpose...not sure why :confused:...

I certainly wouldn't spend time taking pictures of other's or post them....Just a bit "Creepy" JMHO

Public area, no right to privacy with a non commercial posting. I think. 😉

Plus I really don't see any faces anyway

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

"Right to privacy" or not...just a bit creepy...how would you feel if it was you or someone you knew. Nothing these people are wearing is out of the ordinary on a cruise ship compared to the "People of Walmart"...and how do we know these people were in the main dining room on a formal night which is the subject matter...they don't appear to be.

I tried to avoid faces. I had sent these to a friend. These items were PROHIBITED if you read the letter from Concierge. The MDR is suggested or recommended or requested. A bit different than Prohibited. However, this prohibited wear was out in force both Formal Nights.

"Right to privacy" or not...just a bit creepy...how would you feel if it was you or someone you knew. Nothing these people are wearing is out of the ordinary on a cruise ship compared to the "People of Walmart"...and how do we know these people were in the main dining room on a formal night which is the subject matter...they don't appear to be.

I agree. It's one thing to discuss issues on CC and something entirely different to start documenting with photos. What's next, videos showing other passengers who have had a few too many drinks and are having problems with their balance? It's a slippery slope.

They are in SL and possibly Coastal Kitchen.

Yes...of course you're right...but these people and how their dressed is the subject matter and their pictures were taken on purpose...not sure why :confused:...

I certainly wouldn't spend time taking pictures of other's or post them....Just a bit "Creepy" JMHO

Pictures were taken because Royal refuses to follow their dress code guidelines and we keep talking about it

I agree. It's one thing to discuss issues on CC and something entirely different to start documenting with photos. What's next, videos showing other passengers who have had a few too many drinks and are having problems with their balance? It's a slippery slope.

You Tube good for that.

I agree 100% with this...RCI is quickly becoming very casual...much to the disappointment of some on these boards.

I personally think the ones in "old" tuxedo's and "old" out dated prom dresses or mother of the bride dresses are much more out of fashion than those in nice casual attire. JMHO

After cruising since the early 1960's (20+) with RCI...like it or not people...times are changing.

Basically, it sounds like you think anyone who dresses formally is "outdated". This is as bad as those who judge the super casual dressers harshly.

Basically, it sounds like you think anyone who dresses formally is "outdated". This is as bad as those who judge the super casual dressers harshly.

Sorry you "misunderstood"...that's "Not" what I said at all.