What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

bklynfinest77

We are doing the Med on the Epic in July. There were no haven rooms left for our family of five but we were able to get connecting balcony.

If we got the option to upgrade for a Haven suite how would that work with two cabins? Would only one cabin be upgraded?

We are doing the Med on the Epic in July. There were no haven rooms left for our family of five but we were able to get connecting balcony.

If we got the option to upgrade for a Haven suite how would that work with two cabins? Would only one cabin be upgraded?

I suspect it would depend on if you both got the option to upgrade since it sounds like you have two cabins booked.

Then it would depend on BOTH cabins getting accepted for the upgrade. Its such a stretch that it would work out to transcend your two cabins and replace them with the same two bid in a similar upper category.

This is of course MHO.

My gut thinks the scenario is a real stretch beyond actual accomplishment. Very sorry to be Debbie Downer. :(

Nope, that is not how it works. Not all travel agents participate in the program.

This was the case during the early (1 year) pilot period.,,, which is where all of these urban legend come from.

Is it really still true. I didn't think so once the pilot was expanded fleetwide.

Got upgraded from a mini-suite to the Haven today 52 hours prior to the cruise. So much for the idea that notifications go out on Mondays.

Our upgrade two weeks ago was on Wednesday at 12:09 pm for a Saturday cruise. Our roll call reported Haven upgrades starting Monday. We watched the inventory slowly go down on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday.

Our upgrade two weeks ago was on Wednesday at 12:09 pm for a Saturday cruise. Our roll call reported Haven upgrades starting Monday. We watched the inventory slowly go down on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday.

Are you back on land now? How was your cruise if so....is there a review forthcoming???

Hi BirdTravels I'm new to all of this and wanted to know how do you watch the inventory to see if it's going down? I received an upgrade to go from a balcony to H5 a week and a half ago for our July sailing. Thanks

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

has anyone booked a inside room and received a bid for a balcony room??

i alway travel with a balcony room, wanted to see if i booked a inside room, and took a gamble to see if i was offered an upgrade , would it be cheaper taking the upgrade or just booking a balcony room in the first place

has anyone booked a inside room and received a bid for a balcony room??

i alway travel with a balcony room, wanted to see if i booked a inside room, and took a gamble to see if i was offered an upgrade , would it be cheaper taking the upgrade or just booking a balcony room in the first place

Yes, I had three inside guarantees on the Escape last December. All booked under the Sailaway rate. Received the invitation to upgrade to all three. Ended up canceling the upgrade bids because the balcony price dropped and it was a sure thing. Ended up with three great balconies all together.

I also have two bids out now for balconies on an upcoming Sky cruise in a couple of weeks. We are currently in insides (Sailaway rate again).

Hi BirdTravels I'm new to all of this and wanted to know how do you watch the inventory to see if it's going down? I received an upgrade to go from a balcony to H5 a week and a half ago for our July sailing. Thanks

You would do a mock booking to see available cabins.

So then a let's say s 300.00 bid could then become a 600.00 bid with taxes and all correct? Thanks for the info

Most of your answers are in this link, yes your travel ins and taxes will increase, if you prepaid the DSC it remains the same.

https://www.ncl.com/content/upgrade-advantage-terms

Thank you very much. Sorry if this was answered before I'm new to this and this is our first cruise on ncl.

You are most welcome, at one time we all were new to the forum and cruising :)

Keep in mind if you upgrade to Haven you will have a butler to tip as well at cruise end

You are most welcome, at one time we all were new to the forum and cruising :)

Keep in mind if you upgrade to Haven you will have a butler to tip as well at cruise end

I have been in the haven before. You don’t have to tip the butler unless you use him. If you use him, tip what you would on land, tally up the money and give it to him at the end of your cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have been in the haven before. You don’t have to tip the butler unless you use him. If you use him, tip what you would on land, tally up the money and give it to him at the end of your cruise.

yes you are correct, I should have included that

How can you tell what cabins are open and if there are already bids on any? I hve bid for upgrades a couple times and never heard anything. Trying again now, but not sure if there are any unsold cabins available. Thanks

> We're happy with our mid-ship mini but figure it's worth a shot.

That is my attitude. We will have 4 adults in an accessible aft mini suite. It will be cozy but I don't expect our kids to spend much time in the room. However, I wouldn't mind more room, if I get a very cheap upsell offer or don't have to bid hundreds of dollars pp to get a larger room (which would have to be a suite). But if not, we can still have a great trip in our current room. So I don't have anything to lose.

> What I didn't like, and think is reprehensible, was the 2 most expensive cabins already showing bids

Wow! That IS reprehensible, but unfortunately typical of NCL's approach. Thanks for the warning, if the Pearl switches to the bidding system (which I expect it will) I will be sure to look for boxes I didn't fill in. You might start a new thread warning cruisers about that!

They will let you BID on almost any upgrade. Once upgrades start rolling from the Haven down, there may or may not be ample open cabins to fill your bid.

Thanks That’s interesting. I’m really curious now because there are only 2 cabins in the upgrade class and both have been sold out for months. At least that’s what the website said. I’ve put in a bid so guess I’ll just see what happens.

Thanks again.

On the Getaway leaving May 6...everything still says Pending so far. Booked for a BC angled balcony and bid on Haven aft, courtyard and spa (H9). Will post here after I hear the result with bid amounts.

Good luck, everyone!