Share expansion

antsp

From what has been posted here on CC, it sounds like maybe Princess is backing off spreading SHARE on other ships. We have not been on a ship yet that has it but later this year we will be on the Ruby. I doubt we will try it but may check out how busy they are from time to time.

I'm traveling on Emerald in July. I know Share is on this ship; I will not be going. There is nothing on this menu that makes me think of specialty dining. I have noticed that Princess lines only have two venues they call specialty. Crown Grill and Share; or Crown Grill and Sabbitini's

.....or Bayou, or Sterlings, and others... More than two.

thanks for the info. My first Princess cruise; I need to do more research on Emerald to see which ones they actually have. Cheers

It'll be interesting to read any reviews of La Mer (described as a French Bistro) on the Majestic before the ship goes to Asia.

http://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/ships/mj-majestic-princess/

I no longer see much promotion of Stone's food on the Princess website & we only had 3 rotating nightly CS entrées (pot pie, pork belly, seafood stew) on our recent Star Princess cruise.

It will take a few years for Princess to amortize off the cost of the Share restaurant deployment to the ships that have gotten it. My guess is that the cross-branding contract with Curtis Stone and the amortization period for the installation of Share on selected ships will probably coincide. If we treat a ship like a commercial building, most capital improvements of this nature will have a minimum amortization period of five years. I suspect that in another 4 or so, we'll see the Share concept either highly modified or removed entirely.

There is also probably a clause that states that Share may operate on those ships after the contract ends up until a time in which the ship can be dry or wet docked for sufficient time to replace Share with another dining concept.

I wish I could find the thread that contained photos and references to a fellow CC member's experience with share. I think they even had a YouTube video. IMO, the presentation was very nice and the food did look appetizing, but it is very avant garde. And it certainly doesn't make for a good Substitute for Sabatini's.

Another CC member recently did an extensive review of the Star Princess on a 10-day Mexican Rivera cruise, lots and lots of very good videos online, and she also posted the MDR menus. There were Curtis Stone items on the MDR menu, and I believe they did try them once or twice. If Share isn't successful, which may be the case, I'm not against having a Curtis Stone menu item on the MDR menu. Some of the options that were on the MDR menus seemed very appealing.

In the urban restaurant business there is this movement towards tapas inspired small plate dining. Multiple courses of smaller dishes, etc. When you put 3000 people on a ship you are bound to have people that like this kind of presentation and will pay for it, and you will find others that want full plates of food and fewer courses. I guess that Princess is trying to balance their offering and address the groups that want small plate dining.

To be honest, if I were at Princess and being told to find a celebrity chef to design a specialty restaurant and menu I'd pick Thomas Keller and specifically the menu and food that is offered at Bouchon, located in The Venetian in Las Vegas. I attend a trade show about every other year at The Venetian and the food at Bouchon is the same every time and just excellent. I could see it being very successful on board.

I like trying new venues when I cruise I enjoyed a few new ones on the Regal. I will be sailing on the Ruby in December. I just went on the Princess site to look at the Share menu. It doesn't appeal to me, especially at $39.00. I might take a chance at $20.00 but most likely won't at $39.00.

I like trying new venues when I cruise I enjoyed a few new ones on the Regal. I will be sailing on the Ruby in December. I just went on the Princess site to look at the Share menu. It doesn't appeal to me, especially at $39.00. I might take a chance at $20.00 but most likely won't at $39.00.

I will also be on the Ruby this December and between now and then will be trying my best Jedi mind tricks to have Share replaced with Sabatini's once again. Wish me luck... [emoji6]

It will take a few years for Princess to amortize off the cost of the Share restaurant deployment to the ships that have gotten it. My guess is that the cross-branding contract with Curtis Stone and the amortization period for the installation of Share on selected ships will probably coincide. If we treat a ship like a commercial building, most capital improvements of this nature will have a minimum amortization period of five years. I suspect that in another 4 or so, we'll see the Share concept either highly modified or removed entirely.

There is also probably a clause that states that Share may operate on those ships after the contract ends up until a time in which the ship can be dry or wet docked for sufficient time to replace Share with another dining concept.

I wish I could find the thread that contained photos and references to a fellow CC member's experience with share. I think they even had a YouTube video. IMO, the presentation was very nice and the food did look appetizing, but it is very avant garde. And it certainly doesn't make for a good Substitute for Sabatini's.

Another CC member recently did an extensive review of the Star Princess on a 10-day Mexican Rivera cruise, lots and lots of very good videos online, and she also posted the MDR menus. There were Curtis Stone items on the MDR menu, and I believe they did try them once or twice. If Share isn't successful, which may be the case, I'm not against having a Curtis Stone menu item on the MDR menu. Some of the options that were on the MDR menus seemed very appealing.

In the urban restaurant business there is this movement towards tapas inspired small plate dining. Multiple courses of smaller dishes, etc. When you put 3000 people on a ship you are bound to have people that like this kind of presentation and will pay for it, and you will find others that want full plates of food and fewer courses. I guess that Princess is trying to balance their offering and address the groups that want small plate dining.

To be honest, if I were at Princess and being told to find a celebrity chef to design a specialty restaurant and menu I'd pick Thomas Keller and specifically the menu and food that is offered at Bouchon, located in The Venetian in Las Vegas. I attend a trade show about every other year at The Venetian and the food at Bouchon is the same every time and just excellent. I could see it being very successful on board.

I disagree. It's a small space on the ships implemented on and not compared to the size of a building.

The costs will be absorbed quickly and the concept long forgotten except here on CC.

We will be on the Ruby in July and will absolutely try it. Sounds way better than MDR fare, another $80 is not a huge deal when one looks at cost of cruise an airfare. We are from NYC, it is a bargain

You will not be disappointed. We tried it after the menu change and feel it was the best meal ever eaten on any cruise we have taken-