Spectrum of the Seas Blocks Are In The House!

Lloyd555

Don't know what to do!  My dilemma is do I book  "old" Anthem which is sailing out of Southampton, October 2020 @ approx £1770 for 2 adults and one 10yr child.  Or do I wait for Spectrum 2 and hope for a better price?

Steamboats - hi from the AIDA board.  (I'm sailing on the AidaNova on 16th February 2019.  Managed to get a brilliant price at 1098 euros for one week, inside cabin to the Canaries. That is for 2 adults and 1 child, mealtime drinks and service charge included).  Hence why I now think £1770 for 5 nights in October, inside cabin, no frills, is expensive!"

2 hours ago, panamapd said:

My dilemma is do I book  "old" Anthem which is sailing out of Southampton, October 2020 @ approx £1770 for 2 adults and one 10yr child.  Or do I wait for Spectrum 2 and hope for a better price?

Unlikely to get a better price, timing might be off and the itineraries will be different - tho I'd wait, Oct sailing price unlikely to go up in the short run on Anthem - we might get some news about Q5 when the rest of 2020-21 itineraries are released in April.

Edited by Biker19

3 hours ago, panamapd said:

Don't know what to do!  My dilemma is do I book  "old" Anthem which is sailing out of Southampton, October 2020 @ approx £1770 for 2 adults and one 10yr child.  Or do I wait for Spectrum 2 and hope for a better price?

Steamboats - hi from the AIDA board.  (I'm sailing on the AidaNova on 16th February 2019.  Managed to get a brilliant price at 1098 euros for one week, inside cabin to the Canaries. That is for 2 adults and 1 child, mealtime drinks and service charge included).  Hence why I now think £1770 for 5 nights in October, inside cabin, no frills, is expensive!"

I agree with Bob, usually the newer ships are higher priced. And we still don´t know how often and when the Spectrum 2 will sail out of Southampton. It might not fit into your vacation schedule.

My DH just returned from the AIDAnova. You might want to check out his gallery. He´s still working on his ship review. Unfortunately I wasn´t able to join him. Our first planned trip was cancelled due to the late delivery. And now my long scheduled foot surgery did interfere with the new date.

steamboats

49 minutes ago, steamboats said:

My DH just returned from the AIDAnova. You might want to check out his gallery. He´s still working on his ship review. Unfortunately I wasn´t able to join him. Our first planned trip was cancelled due to the late delivery. And now my long scheduled foot surgery did interfere with the new date.

Steamboats - I just checked most of the pictures in the gallery your husband took. Wow! What a beautiful ship. Do the regular balcony cabins come with a Hammock or did your husband bring his own?

1 hour ago, Tall-Cruiser said:

Steamboats - I just checked most of the pictures in the gallery your husband took. Wow! What a beautiful ship. Do the regular balcony cabins come with a Hammock or did your husband bring his own?

Thanks! AIDA has hammocks for all cabins with a balcony. TUI Cruises only has them for certain cabin categories.

steamboats

AIDAnova photos are fab - can't wait to go now! 

Re Quantum class - will just adopt a wait and see approach.  There's is nothing worse than booking months in advance only to see a price drop near sail date.  Worse comes to worse, my 10yr old and I will sail and leave hubby at home, that will reduce our costs!

Thanks for advice - much appreciated.

A Royal crew member has posted on our social media group that spectrum will start on 11 April overnight in Bremerhaven Port then sail to Malaga Spain and arrive at Barcelona on 18 April ... he’s saying that it’s a crew sailing with royal management and MAYBE travel agents. 

If arrangements are being made for crew then she’s certainly going to be ready. 

3 hours ago, Miamia65 said:

A Royal crew member has posted on our social media group that spectrum will start on 11 April overnight in Bremerhaven Port then sail to Malaga Spain and arrive at Barcelona on 18 April ... he’s saying that it’s a crew sailing with royal management and MAYBE travel agents. 

If arrangements are being made for crew then she’s certainly going to be ready. 

Sounds like there will be a media/TA trip from Malaga to Barcelona. They did that with the Symphony last year too.

panamapd, DH did just publish his (German) article about the AIDAnova with more photos and 19 360 degree photos.

steamboats

• Thanks 1

Hi Lloyd,

Thanks so much for all your updates and photos. Do you have any information about the restaurants that will be onboard? Somewhere I read that there will be an Asian restaurant called Sichuan Red and something new with Wonderland called Dadong. Can you confirm any of this? Thanks!

1 minute ago, lighthousemom said:

Hi Lloyd,

Thanks so much for all your updates and photos. Do you have any information about the restaurants that will be onboard? Somewhere I read that there will be an Asian restaurant called Sichuan Red and something new with Wonderland called Dadong. Can you confirm any of this? Thanks!

Confirmed here: https://www.royalcaribbeanpresscenter.com/press-release/1362/royal-caribbean-unveils-groundbreaking-features-on-new-spectrum-of-the-seas/