Craziest thing you've seen another passenger do

danielbriere

DH is a young 60 in a wheelchair due to a neurological illness.

One day we were politely waiting to join an elevator with room enough for the chair and me. It was a busy time so people were waiting 5-10 minutes. Finally an elevator appeared with room for all of us. An able bodied loudmouth ran past us and said "I am taking this elevator. I'm disabled too". His wife told him to "Shut up" in a loud voice and he replied in an even louder tone that "I don't have to". I waved and replied "Have a nice cruise".

One day we were politely waiting to join an elevator with room enough for the chair and me. It was a busy time so people were waiting 5-10 minutes. Finally an elevator appeared with room for all of us. An able bodied loudmouth ran past us and said "I am taking this elevator. I'm disabled too". His wife told him to "Shut up" in a loud voice and he replied in an even louder tone that "I don't have to". I waved and replied "Have a nice cruise".

It pays to be courteous.

Was on a crowded lift on our way to the MDR on the first night. Stopped a couple decks above & a man in a wheelchair & his wife had been waiting quite awhile to get on.

Some of us left to make room for them & took the stairs down to the MDR.

Guess who our table mates were???

Have kept in touch ever since.:)

Oh, he was disabled, for sure. It just wasn't a physical disability. You run into these poor souls suffering from a complete a absence of common decency everywhere. It seems to have become an epidemic.

Can we please get back to "the craziest or weirdest things we have seen on a cruise"? Pleeeease...this thread was so funny and entertaining and I really enjoyed hearing about all these stories:)

Anybody out there have stories...please share!

OK , here is one on me . We ordered room service for breakfast . I forgot to ordered PB . I didn't want to wait for a return from room service or make the trip to the buffet . Instead I looked up and down the corridor and actually (trying to look casual) looked for used breakfast trays with unused PB packs . Found one . Looked both ways , like my mummy taught me , and grabbed 2 packages . Just as I straightened up a steward saw me . He had the good grace to say nothing . I retreated back to my cabin . :o

There does seem to be a disproportionate amount of people on CC who are just wound WAY too tight!

This was a fun thread for a while.....:rolleyes:

Can we please get back to "the craziest or weirdest things we have seen on a cruise"? Pleeeease...this thread was so funny and entertaining and I really enjoyed hearing about all these stories:)

Anybody out there have stories...please share!

YES YES YES

OK , here is one on me . We ordered room service for breakfast . I forgot to ordered PB . I didn't want to wait for a return from room service or make the trip to the buffet . Instead I looked up and down the corridor and actually (trying to look casual) looked for used breakfast trays with unused PB packs . Found one . Looked both ways , like my mummy taught me , and grabbed 2 packages . Just as I straightened up a steward saw me . He had the good grace to say nothing . I retreated back to my cabin . :o

You made the highlights reel at the crew bar that night;)

"there's some guy on deck 10 eating left over food off the room service trays..."

I wish there was a thread with crew posting the funniest stuff they saw!

You made the highlights reel at the crew bar that night;)

"there's some guy on deck 10 eating left over food off the room service trays..."

That happens on reddit sometimes. Lots of crew there answer questions when asked. Only problem is if you mention alcohol smuggling is wrong prepare to be down voted.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forums mobile app

I walked into the lounge to get a cup of coffee. It was just me and two women in front of me. While I waited my turn, I watched them stuff their purses with almost all the tea bags that were in a nice wooden tea box. Here's the best part--they didn't know I was behind them. The "we got caught" expressions on their faces were priceless. And no, they didn't put the tea back!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I walked into the lounge to get a cup of coffee. It was just me and two women in front of me. While I waited my turn, I watched them stuff their purses with almost all the tea bags that were in a nice wooden tea box. Here's the best part--they didn't know I was behind them. The "we got caught" expressions on their faces were priceless. And no, they didn't put the tea back!

A few years ago, I think on a Princess ship, I watched two Russian women take huge handfuls of the rolled silverware from one of the buffet stations. Took them to a table and proceeded to unwrap each one. They then put the silverware into a big canvas bag and piled up the napkins.

An officer saw what was happening and stood there in abject astonishment, nay, speechless.

Called another, more senior officer who huddled with his shipmate. They told the women either they rewrapped every single knife, fork and spoon or they would be put off at the next port.

At first they started to play the language card, i.e., no speekee english. The officers brought up a crewman who spoke Russian. Matter was solved in no time. The women spent the next hour carefully rewrapping everything. The officers then took the entire pile back into the galley to be rewashed. Poetic justice

I don't know how "crazy" this was, but it was entertaining.

There was a man who was traveling with his "teddy bear". Each evening we saw he and his bear dressed exactly in the same outfits. One night we were on the elevator, along with he and his "friend", and he proceeded to say, "Say hello to the nice people", while moving the bear in a bouncy manner.

Friendly...yes. Unusual...definitely!

This would be one...

A half hour before leaving St. Maarten one year, I'm sitting up on the pool deck and I look over and see a couple of crew members looking out the window. They proceed to call over a pool deck assistant. Now I'm curious. So I get up to take a look. I figured they were looking at someone who had too much to drink returning to the ship, but I don't seen anything unusual below. Then one points at the ship across from us. I try to follow and then I see it. A big buxom blond walking around her cabin au natural, lights on, curtains open. Put on some show and didn't even know it!

Rubber chickens. Dressed alike man and teddy bear. We took a stuffed duck wearing a little orange t-shirt that said "I wish I was a Beaver." Our friend was an University of Oregon Ducks fan (die hard) and we will root for both them and Oregon State Beavers. Happens we were in Miami the night before the cruise and the two were playing each other in what has been dubbed in Oregon as the Civil War. The Beavers won so we took him everywhere with us to take pictures so we could print her a photo album of where he'd been. By the end of the week even without him, we were "the duck people". Our next cruise starts on the day of the Civil War so he may just have to come with us again. Here is our favorite bartender Jeffery!

IMG_0529_zpsyclq0fqz.jpg

We were on Allure of the Seas with our teens, and this was the first cruise for everyone in the family but me. We thought there was something wrong with the elevators, because several times we tried to catch an elevator, the doors opened and then immediately shut before we could jump in. Later in the cruise, it happened again but I was (rudely) waiting right in front of the door (I was prepared!) and quickly jumped in and held it open for the rest of the family. At the next floor, when doors started to open and a lady standing right next to the elevator panel pushed the button to close the doors. Mystery solved. :D

Even later in the week, we got on an elevator that already was transporting a man in a scooter. The next stop was his, so we stepped off to allow him to exit. A large family pushed past us to get in the elevator and when we tried to get back in, they told us to wait for the next elevator. My husbands, reply was "Oh, don't worry, we will fit." They were visibly upset. :evilsmile:

There was a man who was traveling with his "teddy bear". Each evening we saw he and his bear dressed exactly in the same outfits.

Karyn,

I have to admit, that is unusual. :')

Santa is with us on the Solstice enjoying his off months. He has a full white beard, wears shorts, a red Hawaiian shirt with raindeer on it, and he passes out candy. After giving a woman some candy I heard her husband ask her "you're not going to eat that are you?" She replied "of course, it's from Santa".

I only saw him from a distance a couple of times, and didn't see him handing out the candy. There were some interesting people on that cruise. :D

One thing I did notice on that cruise was the way large groups would stand (different groups at different times) just off one end or the other of the Martini Bar, close to the atrium side and completely blocking the route through that area. They were totally oblivious to the fact that they were blocking the way. A few paces towards the side of the ship and they would have been out of the way. One poor lady on a scooter had great difficulty passing through one group on one night. Even the waitstaff were having difficulties getting around them on some nights.

Not when eating French fries and I don't care where they are served! :rolleyes:

To each their own....If I'm at McDonald's, it's fingers all the way. If they give me a fork, I use that. But that's just me, I let my membership in the etiquette police lapse many years ago.

I only saw him from a distance a couple of times, and didn't see him handing out the candy. There were some interesting people on that cruise. :D

One thing I did notice on that cruise was the way large groups would stand (different groups at different times) just off one end or the other of the Martini Bar, close to the atrium side and completely blocking the route through that area. They were totally oblivious to the fact that they were blocking the way. A few paces towards the side of the ship and they would have been out of the way. One poor lady on a scooter had great difficulty passing through one group on one night. Even the waitstaff were having difficulties getting around them on some nights.

When this happens, I very loudly say "excuse me", put my elbows out and keep on walking. They usually move. If not, my elbows hit them.

DON