Craziest thing you've seen another passenger do

danielbriere

My family went on a cruise to celebrate my parents anniversary. We had all planned to go on an excursion together the one morning. When we met up at the designated spot, my brother wasn't there. We called his cabin and his daughter said he wasn't there and she hadn't seen him come in. My Mom was frantic and we decided to take a quick look around the ship before becoming alarmed. Someone said maybe he went to breakfast and didn't want to disturb his daughter and just got to talking to someone (our family's social "butterfly") and lost track of time. We headed to the Windjammer but as we crossed the pool deck we saw people staring and giggling at a lounger. A man was passed out in a fetal position, in his disheveled dinner clothes. By now, I'm sure you've guessed that we had found my brother. When we FINALLY got him up, he looked a lot like Otis from the Andy Griffith show trying to walk straight and put himself into the jail cell. Needless to say, he didn't go on the excursion. :(

We were on the Eclipse April 2016 14 night Caribbean Cruise with this gentleman. Thin build, 50'ish, wore his hair really long. He always carried a bag with his flags and gifts. On all of his Cruises he brings gifts on board with him and gives them to the staff throughout the Cruise. Not just the staff that waits on him. My wife and I talked with for awhile. Can't remember his name. Very personable man and the staff all adored him. Sorry for the hijack, back to the fun posts.

I know exactly who you are talking about. We met him and his wife on a couple of cruises on Summit to Bermuda. I believe he is a Zenith cruiser, from Texas, I believe. Got invited to all the Captain Table events. They sit in the Elite Lounge in the morning drinking their coffee and do their thing with the flags of each country of the crew. I thought it was a very nice gesture until I saw him giving some Che Guevara memorabilia to one of the crew members. I then lost all respect for him.

I know exactly who you are talking about. We met him and his wife on a couple of cruises on Summit to Bermuda. I believe he is a Zenith cruiser, from Texas, I believe. Got invited to all the Captain Table events. They sit in the Elite Lounge in the morning drinking their coffee and do their thing with the flags of each country of the crew. I thought it was a very nice gesture until I saw him giving some Che Guevara memorabilia to one of the crew members. I then lost all respect for him.

Glad I never saw any of that garbage being handed out. Agree with your sentiments.

Not funny, but crazy...we were on our first Celebrity cruise onboard the Century in 2002. At that time they had a pizza window and it was about time for it to open. As we walked up, a young women (16 or so) who was in the front of the line, collapsed and was having a seizure. I was behind her and luckily I was able to break her fall, lowered her to the ground, turned on her side and had my husband go to the emergency phone to call for medical. The pizza window opened while this was happening and a couple behind us who was in line while this was happening, literally stepped over the girl to get their pizza as her mom was standing there crying. Man, the pizza was extra good back then, but not good enough to lose your common courtesy.

Around the corner from the pizza window there was a pasta bar with a huge display of bread. I remember seeing a attractive 20 something that we called "white bikini girl" who carried the hugest purse ever that seemed out of place with what she was wearing and we quickly noticed she was using it to stuff full of bread. I will say I was a bit jealous that someone could be that thin and eat that much bread :) :)

My favorite guest interaction was our first cruise and our daughter was 9 years old. We made the mistake of flying the day of our cruise...once!! Our luggage didn't travel on the flight with us (21 years ago) and it wasn't going to arrive before the cruise set sail so we had to make the choice to leave it behind and board the cruise or miss the cruise. Our flights were through the cruise line so they gave us some credits at the gift shops and Guest Services told us not to worry about the dress code in the dining room. We confirmed with the Maitre 'd and proceeded to the dining room with excitement of our much anticipated cruise experience. While walking out of the dining room this gentleman starts throwing a fit about what we were wearing and indicating we were trash. My daughter starts crying and looking at me for answers. I gently grabbed her hand, walked a few steps toward the "gentleman" and said in the kindest voice that I could muster, "Aren't you glad that it wasn't your luggage that was lost", he almost choked and I will never forget the look on his face. I am glad as a nurse I could offer assistance to the poor young girl that had a seizure...not sure what I would of done to assist that man if he had actually choked on his rudeness. Our luggage was delivered to the pier in Cozumel on a bike with a basket in front on day 3 by some locals. They were our heroes :cool::cool:

Just off Reflection. Wonderful week. But was stunned by one passenger in the pizza line at Oceanview Cafe.

Rather than simply take a slice or two, he took a piece ... then picked all the pepperoni off all the other slices to add to it. Leaving a cheese pizza for everyone else behind him.

Just shook my head at the I-am-the-centre-of-the-universe attitude. Though I admit it was so ridiculous it was actually funny.

Anyone else experience bizarre behaviours by fellow guests? Love to hear them.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Oh man!! I would NOT have been able to keep quiet if I witnessed that! So disgusting!

We have seen a buffet line where a young boy (without his parents) climbed up onto the dessert bar and stuck his face into the m&m container by the ice cream machine to eat all the candies! That was the end of that meal!

Sent from my SM-G925V using Forums mobile app

I know exactly who you are talking about. We met him and his wife on a couple of cruises on Summit to Bermuda. I believe he is a Zenith cruiser, from Texas, I believe. Got invited to all the Captain Table events. They sit in the Elite Lounge in the morning drinking their coffee and do their thing with the flags of each country of the crew.

We've cruised with him before as well ... but on the Infinity. hahaha!!

They are Zenith and he carries those flags with him wherever he goes. He did sit in the Elite coffee house in the morning drinking coffee with his wife. I also saw his wife at one of the Celebrity's hosted events for the most traveled passengers. I guess they get around.

Not funny, but crazy...we were on our first Celebrity cruise onboard the Century in 2002. At that time they had a pizza window and it was about time for it to open. As we walked up, a young women (16 or so) who was in the front of the line, collapsed and was having a seizure. I was behind her and luckily I was able to break her fall, lowered her to the ground, turned on her side and had my husband go to the emergency phone to call for medical. The pizza window opened while this was happening and a couple behind us who was in line while this was happening, literally stepped over the girl to get their pizza as her mom was standing there crying. Man, the pizza was extra good back then, but not good enough to lose your common courtesy.

Around the corner from the pizza window there was a pasta bar with a huge display of bread. I remember seeing a attractive 20 something that we called "white bikini girl" who carried the hugest purse ever that seemed out of place with what she was wearing and we quickly noticed she was using it to stuff full of bread. I will say I was a bit jealous that someone could be that thin and eat that much bread :) :)

My favorite guest interaction was our first cruise and our daughter was 9 years old. We made the mistake of flying the day of our cruise...once!! Our luggage didn't travel on the flight with us (21 years ago) and it wasn't going to arrive before the cruise set sail so we had to make the choice to leave it behind and board the cruise or miss the cruise. Our flights were through the cruise line so they gave us some credits at the gift shops and Guest Services told us not to worry about the dress code in the dining room. We confirmed with the Maitre 'd and proceeded to the dining room with excitement of our much anticipated cruise experience. While walking out of the dining room this gentleman starts throwing a fit about what we were wearing and indicating we were trash. My daughter starts crying and looking at me for answers. I gently grabbed her hand, walked a few steps toward the "gentleman" and said in the kindest voice that I could muster, "Aren't you glad that it wasn't your luggage that was lost", he almost choked and I will never forget the look on his face. I am glad as a nurse I could offer assistance to the poor young girl that had a seizure...not sure what I would of done to assist that man if he had actually choked on his rudeness. Our luggage was delivered to the pier in Cozumel on a bike with a basket in front on day 3 by some locals. They were our heroes :cool::cool:

Bravo. Thanks for sharing.

Kindly,

Dan

Two years ago on the Reflection we saw a man who looked like he was in his 60's. He was at the pool wearing his hand made swim trunks. They were long shorts made of crocheted granny squares of various colors. And oh how they did sag after a dip in the pool. The site of this man in his soggy "afghan" swim trunks will remain a funny memory forever!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Best one was on the Century during a NZ/Australia cruise. My wife and young daughter (about 9) had one cabin and I had the other with our middle daughter. Of course once on the ship we exchanged key cards. Well, one afternoon me and the wife sneak off for some "afternoon delight". Right in the middle of it the door flies open and the little one starts yelling "ewe, mom and dad are doing the nasty" then runs off leaving the door jammed open with my bare backside up in the air in full view of everyone walking past. Found out those deadbolts are not deadbolts if you have a key card!

Thanks for my best laugh all day!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by Von & John

I saw a woman standing outside a rest room door.

After a while she said "This elevator is taking a long time to get here."

My MIL called our stateroom to say she couldn't figure out how to warm up her coffee in the microwave... Explained to her it was the safe:rolleyes:

Just got our cruise last week and in the club restaurant at breakfast time, a couple always turned up for breakfast at the last minute.When they had finished ,she used to go round all the tables and take ALL the small individual Jam pots and place them in her bag. When the Maitre'D challenged her, she said that she'd paid for this cruise so had a right to do it.

Needless to say, the waiters then used to clear as many tables of the Jams as they could.

My MIL couldn't figure out how to warm up her coffee in the microwave... Had to explain it was a safe...:rolleyes:
On one of my cruises, I sat at an officer's table and he told a story about a passenger who was throwing a fit and the officer was called to the cabin. The gentleman was complaining that he kept putting his sandwich in the microwave to warm it and the darn thing didn't work.

On a RCI cruise last year we saw a woman with her two "service" dogs. They were some small breed, similar in size to a Chihuahua. Each day each dog would appear wear a different dress.

I have to admit that people abusing the rules allowing service animals is a pet peeve of mine.

On a RCI cruise last year we saw a woman with her two "service" dogs. They were some small breed, similar in size to a Chihuahua. Each day each dog would appear wear a different dress.

I have to admit that people abusing the rules allowing service animals is a pet peeve of mine.

My pet peeve as well.

My pet peeve as well.

Mine, as well. We were on a sailing last year and a woman was in line at guest relations with her "service dog." It was a fairly small breed, maybe 15 pounds or so. That dog was shaking and looked terrified. I have not problem if people legitimately need a service dog, but this one was clearly not.

1st off I am 81 years old & a vet. There was this rather good looking young lady ( 30 or so ) lounging on her beach chair by the pool. As I walked to the bar I had to pass her & of course looked ( I am 81 but not dead ) she had a very nice 2 piece suit on which the bittom was pulled down below her belly button & tattoed on her belly was " WELCOME ABOARD " so being a vet I stood at attention & said "PERMISSON TO COME ABOARD " Her husband,friend started to laugh he bought me a drink. Old age has its rewards.

george35

Hilarious! :D

Ok y'all you're not going to believe this.

I was reading a book in the solarium on Eclipse about 18 months ago, minding my own business, it was about 10 in the morning, really quiet and peaceful, maybe 15 people in the solarium, none in the pool.

A couple came into the solarium with their bathrobes on and then grabbed two chairs, each of them putting down their Celebrity blue tote bag. This was directly across the pool from me. I was seated near the Aqua Spa Cafe on a lounger.

They shed their robes and underneath they were wearing swim suits. Got in the pool. Swam awhile. Got out. Stood there next to their loungers and put on their robes. She took her sleeves out of her robe and kept it securely around her.

OK this was so well orchestrated it was like a ballet: without revealing a thing she pulled off her swim suit from underneath and within two seconds it dropped to the ground. She was perfectly covered, not a thing was revealed. He handed her a little dress or something and while he stood there she put it on ALL WHILE MAINTAINING HER MODESTY AND INSIDE THAT ROBE. Then he did the same thing. They shed their robes, packed up their wet swim suits, picked up their bags and left, just as quietly as they came in.

It was amazing. The finesse. The elegance. I would have been all fumbles. I tried to explain it to my husband later when we met for lunch. You just had to be there.

Ok y'all you're not going to believe this.

I was reading a book in the solarium on Eclipse about 18 months ago, minding my own business, it was about 10 in the morning, really quiet and peaceful, maybe 15 people in the solarium, none in the pool.

A couple came into the solarium with their bathrobes on and then grabbed two chairs, each of them putting down their Celebrity blue tote bag. This was directly across the pool from me. I was seated near the Aqua Spa Cafe on a lounger.

They shed their robes and underneath they were wearing swim suits. Got in the pool. Swam awhile. Got out. Stood there next to their loungers and put on their robes. She took her sleeves out of her robe and kept it securely around her.

OK this was so well orchestrated it was like a ballet: without revealing a thing she pulled off her swim suit from underneath and within two seconds it dropped to the ground. She was perfectly covered, not a thing was revealed. He handed her a little dress or something and while he stood there she put it on ALL WHILE MAINTAINING HER MODESTY AND INSIDE THAT ROBE. Then he did the same thing. They shed their robes, packed up their wet swim suits, picked up their bags and left, just as quietly as they came in.

It was amazing. The finesse. The elegance. I would have been all fumbles. I tried to explain it to my husband later when we met for lunch. You just had to be there.

You've got to love people watching on a cruise!!!

I too have seen my fair share of rude behavior, which often seems to occur at the Ocean View Cafe. I don't have a good story about that, but while on the Summit last year, my fiance and I had just finished the galley tour and were now in the Tuscan Grille where they had set up examples of the food at the specialty restaurants. We decided to make dinner reservations and walked up to the maitre d' who was not helping anyone else at the moment. We started chatting with him, when an older gentleman came up and excused himself, saying, "I just have a quick question, if you don't mind." Without pausing for our answer, he proceeds to tell the maitre d' that he is "elite level" and wants reservations for later tonight. The maitre d' quickly took the reservation and the guy walks off. The whole thing only lasted a minute, but we just looked at each other in disbelief and didn't say anything. I think we were too shocked that someone could act so rude and entitled. Looking back now, it would have been nice if the maitre d' had told him he needed to wait until he was finished with us, but maybe he judged it was better to deal with quickly and get it over with.

1st off I am 81 years old & a vet. There was this rather good looking young lady ( 30 or so ) lounging on her beach chair by the pool. As I walked to the bar I had to pass her & of course looked ( I am 81 but not dead ) she had a very nice 2 piece suit on which the bittom was pulled down below her belly button & tattoed on her belly was " WELCOME ABOARD " so being a vet I stood at attention & said "PERMISSON TO COME ABOARD " Her husband,friend started to laugh he bought me a drink. Old age has its rewards.

george35

Thanks for your service. At ease soldier.