What's the absolute LATEST u can stay on the ship when disembarking?

Pier290

We have a very LATE flight back home. How long will they let you stay on board? ? Looking to at least grab breakfast and feed the kids.

We have a late flight home....lots of time to waste. ....WITH 2 KIDS. lol

I called Celebrity to ask but AS USUAL I get conflicting answers! !!! UGHHH I've been told 10am, 9am, been told if we tell them on board we have a later flight they will let us stay on til noon, then someone said we hv to get off at 8am....ugh.

Anyone know??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Forums mobile app

Think about it from the other end. They can not board the new passengers anxiously waiting in the terminal maybe with 2 kids until you get off the ship. I do not know what the official word is but be off the ship by 10 at the latest. You can always rent a car and kill the day in Ft. Lauderdale.

DON

We have a very LATE flight back home. How long will they let you stay on board? ? Looking to at least grab breakfast and feed the kids.

We have a late flight home....lots of time to waste. ....WITH 2 KIDS. lol

I called Celebrity to ask but AS USUAL I get conflicting answers! !!! UGHHH I've been told 10am, 9am, been told if we tell them on board we have a later flight they will let us stay on til noon, then someone said we hv to get off at 8am....ugh.

Anyone know??

Generally, 9:30 or 10, plenty of time to eat. They will start calling you over the PA after that. Hope you have something planned

I've been in the same situation at Fort Lauderdale with kids and have two suggestions. As another poster mentioned, rent a car near the port and enjoy Fort Lauderdale, and return the car to the airport in time for your flight. Or, get a day room at a hotel near the port or airport and enjoy a day at the pool.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

9:30 is their goal for having people off the ship so they can let new people on an hour or so later. You really will be in the way if you stay onboard. Restaurant service closes at 8 am so you need to be up and there well before then. 8am is when you are supposed to be out of your room. They put you in a lounge, and you just sit there waiting for your number to be called, so it's not a relaxing experience. I'd suggest trying to find a day room at a hotel and head that way. Or book an excursion that takes you to see something in Fort Lauderdale.

Ship probably offers an excursion to the everglades for an airboat ride. After the tour, they drop you off at airport. Your luggage goes on the bus with you. Your kids would love this.

Agreed and was going to suggest this. We did this with our kids and they enjoyed it very much. Also saves the hassle of dealing with your luggage (if you don't do this, make sure you take advantage of luggage valet if available to you so you can enjoy the day unencumbered).

At the airboat place they (obviously) have a gift shop. I must have made some comment to my wife about all they have is alligator crap. When my kids wanted to buy something and we said no, for the next 15 minutes my 4 and 5 year olds stood in the middle of the store sobbing "we want alligator crap, we need alligator crap....":o Oops...

Mike

...been told if we tell them on board we have a later flight they will let us stay on til noon, then someone said we hv to get off at 8am...

No way is the staff going to allow you to stay on the ship until noon. No way is the staff going to make you get off the ship at 8:AM. As others have posted 9:30 to 10:AM has been our experience. Your Cruise is over, time to leave and there isn't really anything for you and your kids to do. The sooner you're off the ship the sooner the B2B Cruisers can go through their turn around day procedures. After the B2B Cruises have completed that procedure then boarding new passengers can start. Now it's their time to have fun in the sun. You've still got plenty of time to pick a ship sponsored excursion for your April departure to kill a few hours before heading to the airport. I wouldn't wait until you are on the ship to decide on a ship sponsored excursion. Now is the time. Enjoy your Cruise.

Edited by davekathy

If your flight is later than 3:30 you can take a ship excursion. Mine last Sat. was 3pm. We were out of luck

With 2 kids it is cheaper to rent a car for the day

and yes 9:30 to 10am is the latest and you will be sitting in the theater or a designated lounge. Buffet closes at 8:30. pools are closed. Your cruise is over except for eating breakfast. Can't go to the cabin as it is no longer yours after 8am

Agreed and was going to suggest this. We did this with our kids and they enjoyed it very much. Also saves the hassle of dealing with your luggage (if you don't do this, make sure you take advantage of luggage valet if available to you so you can enjoy the day unencumbered).

At the airboat place they (obviously) have a gift shop. I must have made some comment to my wife about all they have is alligator crap. When my kids wanted to buy something and we said no, for the next 15 minutes my 4 and 5 year olds stood in the middle of the store sobbing "we want alligator crap, we need alligator crap....":o Oops...

Mike

Great idea!! Thx. Nvr would have thought to do this!

The MDR closes early, maybe 8 or 8:30 am. The buffet is open much later for breakfast.

Check out this post. All restaurants are listed as closing at 8am. From personal experience, they start pulling the food from the buffet shortly after the listed closing time.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=52215052&postcount=104

We just got off the Reflection. We had a 3.30 flight out of Miami.

Our Disembarkation time was 9.30, and even that seemed too late. We were out of our room by 7.30, dawdled over a light breakfast at AquaSpa cafe (all food places stop serving at 8am for sure) then went and hung around in the theatre until our number was called. The ship is not yours anymore - pools are covered, no food no drink etc - there is no point and I, for one, am completely OK with that. The staff need to get ready for the next group of passengers.

We took a cab to MIA and spent ages squabbling with AA about not paying baggage fees- which is always fun ;) - and then went and had a drink and watched airplanes.

'Purchase the extended stay excursion allows you to stay onboard until a couple of hours before the next cruise sails off. Assuming it's available. Was on our cruise.'

This is not available from Forth Lauderdale. It is an option on European cruises, but not cruises that disembark in the US.

We had a late flight last March after our cruise and again for this cruise in two weeks. We always let our pre cruise hotel know we will be staying there for the day upon our return, use their pool, and they store our luggage at no additional cost. We then take their free shuttle to the airport. It works out perfectly for late flights. 😊

This is not available from Forth Lauderdale. It is an option on European cruises, but not cruises that disembark in the US.

I wonder why they don't offer it. Makes disembarkation almost a pleasure and you can grab a taxi that has just dropped off new arrivals. Although seeing their happy embarkation faces is a tad depressing.:o

I wonder why they don't offer it. Makes disembarkation almost a pleasure and you can grab a taxi that has just dropped off new arrivals. Although seeing their happy embarkation faces is a tad depressing.:o

The major difference in the European program is that the ship is already cleared into the EC where it is offered. Celebrity doesn't have to clear the like they do when they are arriving in Ft Lauderdale where they are required to clear the entire ship.

We had a late flight last March after our cruise and again for this cruise in two weeks. We always let our pre cruise hotel know we will be staying there for the day upon our return, use their pool, and they store our luggage at no additional cost. We then take their free shuttle to the airport. It works out perfectly for late flights. 😊

That's great if u have a pre cruise hotel to fall back on....we don't because we are cruising in April