Towel animals??

willcruiseanythyme

Whoever mentioned the chocolates, I sailed Reflection earlier in the month and chocolates were on my pillow every night.

I was the one that mentioned chocolates. I will be on my first Celebrity cruise in June. We're Diamond on Royal and they discontinued it. I assumed that Celebrity did too. I LOVE the idea of getting a mimosa or champagne when I board, which Royal doesn't do. Returning to my room to find a chocolate on the pillow will be nice too. I love the idea of the ice water and cool wash cloth when returning to the ship, also new to us. Don't get me wrong. Royal has some touches we appreciated. We would get some chocolate covered strawberries delivered during the week and there would be a little box with a soft drink, a package of trail mix and a package of cookies in the room, and the Diamond lounge is nice, but I am looking forward to a new experience and seeing what little things are offered by Celebrity. Are there other things I need to know about??? We're Diamond on Royal so Elite on Celebrity through reciprocity. Give me the lowdown on what to expect.

Gosh, we're talking towel animals folks. Have we digressed so far that now we even argue about Towel Animals? We had 1 towel animal on our bed one night AND lucky enough to have a waiter make us a swan one night in the MDR out of a napkin. I think they get a feeling for people. I know that waiter didn't go around making swans for everyone. I'm not saying we were special or anything, but we enjoyed our waiters and they enjoyed, I think, having us as guests. If a steward has a moment and feels like just saying thank you or thinking about making you smile, then who cares if you have an animal on your bed? Celebrity didn't tell them to do it. Has your room been left dirty, the bed left unmade? Enjoy your cruise and the talented people that happen to be on board trying to make your cruise enjoyable. I'm glad it's special and not something Celebrity requires. In all of our cruises we've had a towel animal once and we thought it was very nice. because no one asked for one and the steward wasn't told to give us one. Just my two cents,

I was the one that mentioned chocolates. I will be on my first Celebrity cruise in June. We're Diamond on Royal and they discontinued it. I assumed that Celebrity did too. I LOVE the idea of getting a mimosa or champagne when I board, which Royal doesn't do. Returning to my room to find a chocolate on the pillow will be nice too. I love the idea of the ice water and cool wash cloth when returning to the ship, also new to us. Don't get me wrong. Royal has some touches we appreciated. We would get some chocolate covered strawberries delivered during the week and there would be a little box with a soft drink, a package of trail mix and a package of cookies in the room, and the Diamond lounge is nice, but I am looking forward to a new experience and seeing what little things are offered by Celebrity. Are there other things I need to know about??? We're Diamond on Royal so Elite on Celebrity through reciprocity. Give me the lowdown on what to expect.

Make sure you phone Celebrity with your Diamond # so they can assign your Celebrity Elite # to your reservation before you go on your cruise don't wait till you board.

Make sure you phone Celebrity with your Diamond # so they can assign your Celebrity Elite # to your reservation before you go on your cruise don't wait till you board.

Thanks. Our TA did get us an Elite # and we have the four perks too so I'm excited. Can't wait to try Al Bacio. We will be using the free bag of laundry also. Royal only gave a $10 discount and now they only offer it to Diamond members on an EIGHT night or longer. We usually take a 7-night cruise so we lost that perk. I like coming home with the stinky clothes all clean and fresh...lol. We've never been able to get the one item dry cleaned, so I'll be taking advantage of that also. I'm looking forward to a different menu in the MDR than we are familiar with and I understand that the service is fabulous. The photos of the bathrooms on the Equinox look really great. We aren't in a suite. We have a regular balcony cabin but we're hoping to open the balcony doors between two of our cabins. We've done this before and we love it.

Thanks. Our TA did get us an Elite # and we have the four perks too so I'm excited. Can't wait to try Al Bacio. We will be using the free bag of laundry also. Royal only gave a $10 discount and now they only offer it to Diamond members on an EIGHT night or longer. We usually take a 7-night cruise so we lost that perk. I like coming home with the stinky clothes all clean and fresh...lol. We've never been able to get the one item dry cleaned, so I'll be taking advantage of that also. I'm looking forward to a different menu in the MDR than we are familiar with and I understand that the service is fabulous. The photos of the bathrooms on the Equinox look really great. We aren't in a suite. We have a regular balcony cabin but we're hoping to open the balcony doors between two of our cabins. We've done this before and we love it.

Good morning.....been cruising with Celebrity for almost 15 years........I have seen cutbacks, most recently on my cruise

earlier this month. Don't be too disappointed if the service is not "fabulous". I mean I am sure you will have fun but just

want to make you aware........

Good morning.....been cruising with Celebrity for almost 15 years........I have seen cutbacks, most recently on my cruise

earlier this month. Don't be too disappointed if the service is not "fabulous". I mean I am sure you will have fun but just

want to make you aware........

What I noticed in December. I think eliminating the assistant cabin attendant has had a negative effect. I would really be hesitant about burdening the remaining cabin attendant with special requests like towel animals. Glad they still have sommeliers but they have become harder to get service from. The buffet had less choice. A big one to me, hardly saw the Captain's Club hostess or heard from her. That was in June and December on two different ships. Never saw the hostess at the social hour and hardly ever at the breakfast. I guess they must have added other extra duties.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Don't expect too much from the bedtime chocolates. Pretty poor quality. Getting rid of them would be one cost cutting measure I wouldn't mind at all.:cool:

They are poorer quality now. They used to be better. That was a cutback.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forget about towel animals , we would love to have the nice soft towels back in AQ. Did they all go to suites?

.Recently in AQ, they have been scratchy, and we are lucky if they are not ripped or stained.. AQ amenities for us are not just about BLU but also spa type cabin amenities

Towel animals not our thing but they did look cute at Sandals when they put swan shaped towels out on the loungers reserved for honeymooners!

Forget about towel animals , we would love to have the nice soft towels back in AQ. Did they all go to suites?

.Recently in AQ, they have been scratchy, and we are lucky if they are not ripped or stained.. AQ amenities for us are not just about BLU but also spa type cabin amenities

Towel animals not our thing but they did look cute at Sandals when they put swan shaped towels out on the loungers reserved for honeymooners!

You want to see crappy towels?? Try Princess. We did the Regal last year & I never saw towels this bad. Scratchy & small. I think only the suites had decent towels.

What I noticed in December. I think eliminating the assistant cabin attendant has had a negative effect. I would really be hesitant about burdening the remaining cabin attendant with special requests like towel animals. Glad they still have sommeliers but they have become harder to get service from. The buffet had less choice. A big one to me, hardly saw the Captain's Club hostess or heard from her. That was in June and December on two different ships. Never saw the hostess at the social hour and hardly ever at the breakfast. I guess they must have added other extra duties.

As I've said, we've only cruised Royal and as Diamond, we've seen the cutbacks. They eliminated the assistant cabin steward several years ago. Chocolates at night have been gone for a long time and as far as the Host/Hostess in the Diamond lounge, there were there, but didn't interact with guests. Diamond lounge was more often a DIY except for drinks. We're pretty low maintenance so fabulous for us is clean towels and not much more expected. Anything beyond that impresses us...lol. We haven't seen a sommelier in a long time either. The waiter gave us the wine menu and took our order on the last few cruises. The waiter had a pretty good recommendation on the wine and we only saw the sommelier when he was fawning over a table dressed in tank tops (yes, the men), baseball caps and shorts...at dinner on formal night, who were ordering so much booze that one of the group of 12 almost fell into his pasta plate before they finished the meal. We thinking that we will find the service fabulous on Celebrity.

You want to see crappy towels?? Try Princess. We did the Regal last year & I never saw towels this bad. Scratchy & small. I think only the suites had decent towels.

I recall about 2 years ago I was on the Silhouette for a E. Caribbean cruise. The ship stopped in St Martin where the wife and I took a snorkel tour. On the boat that took us out to the snorkeling area were also passengers from other cruise lines (MSC, Carnival, Princess & Holland America). On the way back we all had a discussion on whose beach towel was the best. It was unanimous, hands down, Celebrity had the best. Celebrity towels were those nice fluffy yellow ones.

I recall about 2 years ago I was on the Silhouette for a E. Caribbean cruise. The ship stopped in St Martin where the wife and I took a snorkel tour. On the boat that took us out to the snorkeling area were also passengers from other cruise lines (MSC, Carnival, Princess & Holland America). On the way back we all had a discussion on whose beach towel was the best. It was unanimous, hands down, Celebrity had the best. Celebrity towels were those nice fluffy yellow ones.

Those yellow beach towels were gone from my last two Celebrity cruises last year. In June the cabin attendant brought us a couple of the grey pool towels. In December we had to get the grey towels from the pool ourselves. The grey pool towels were in very good condition.

I have noticed like the other person said that the regular white cabin towels are now lesser quality, although they didn't seem too bad.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk