Cabin Recategorization Coming

I understand what you are saying, but these new changes have not happened yet. Innocent until proven guilty is my motto.

Oh, and I like to use a TA ;p

To each his own. I prefer to manage my own reservation. I have had too many experiences of not being able to reach my TA for something that expired before I was contacted. I'm tired of missing out on things that I otherwise could have had. And if the website is not working properly now, I am not holding my breath for a miracle to happen when the new deployments open for booking. Some may call that cynical, I prefer to call it realistic.:rolleyes:

Interesting on Radiance class, all the JS are in the same new category which means they are not making any differential between those 2 aft JS #1100 and #1602 and all the side facing JS. They are all J4.

No J1 or J2 on this class of ship.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Which is more expensive, J1 or J4?:confused:

My guess is that the first time you try to book a cruise on RCI's website, you will understand the complication. As it is now, you cannot differentiate between the different balcony categories, for example. You cannot choose a specific cabin. This will not improve with even more categories and pricing choices.

I'm sure there will be those who would tell me to use a TA, but I don't think I should be forced to book with one, just because the website doesn't work properly. So that leaves me with calling and booking direct with RCI, after a lengthy wait on hold.

But hey, that's just me.:rolleyes:

Not just you, me as well:)

To each his own. I prefer to manage my own reservation. I have had too many experiences of not being able to reach my TA for something that expired before I was contacted. I'm tired of missing out on things that I otherwise could have had. And if the website is not working properly now, I am not holding my breath for a miracle to happen when the new deployments open for booking. Some may call that cynical, I prefer to call it realistic.:rolleyes:

According to what's been posted about the travel agent webinar, when the category is followed by an odd number it designates it as a cabin for more than 2 and an even number means it's for 2. Don't know if they plan a price differential.

I'm with you as far as preferring to control my bookings because of frustrating experiences missing a price drop or cabin switch when I had to wait for the agent to get involved.

From earlier in the thread. J1 would hold more than two pax and cost more than J4

d5a2b41ad7f08b6d6ca3d92e4c7afcb1.jpg

FWIW, we cruise a lot lately, rarely move bookings, so I'd rather be guaranteed around $200 in free tips, and a little OBC than wish for a price drop and miss it because i can't get in touch with my TA

Edited by John&LaLa

The different suite categories will not apply until the new deployments come out. If you're booked in a star class now, you're staying in star class. As of the 2018/19 deployments, that's when the suites may change from star to sky

And yes, there were 3 webinars today, the last one just ended.

Are any of those webinars available to be rewatched?

Interesting on Radiance class, all the JS are in the same new category which means they are not making any differential between those 2 aft JS #1100 and #1602 and all the side facing JS. They are all J4.

No J1 or J2 on this class of ship.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So does this mean they won't have any JS on Radiance that can hold 4 people? No sleeper sofa? Was hoping for JS for 4 people for Alaska 2018...

Seriously????

Actually, I'm quite serious!

During our fog cruise on Voyager, we had 800 people leave the ship on Day 2. And had less crowding everywhere. Less wait time for the elevators. I mentioned in our cruise evaluation how much nicer it was everywhere. Suggesting they drop the number of passengers on all ships for a better experience.

Instead, they changed the Category E1s to only booking 3 or more passengers, added more cabins, and we have more crowding.

Actually, I'm quite serious!

During our fog cruise on Voyager, we had 800 people leave the ship on Day 2. And had less crowding everywhere. Less wait time for the elevators. I mentioned in our cruise evaluation how much nicer it was everywhere. Suggesting they drop the number of passengers on all ships for a better experience.

Instead, they changed the Category E1s to only booking 3 or more passengers, added more cabins, and we have more crowding.

Let's assume RC changes all 81 JS staterooms on Voyager to 3+ passenger capacities (which they won't). Rough statistics shows that to be an increase of about 50 people. If you can pick up that there's 40 more people on a ship that has an over 3000 passenger capacity, I think it might be worthwhile to investigate larger ships.

Let's assume RC changes all 81 JS staterooms on Voyager to 3+ passenger capacities (which they won't). Rough statistics shows that to be an increase of about 50 people. If you can pick up that there's 40 more people on a ship that has an over 3000 passenger capacity, I think it might be worthwhile to investigate larger ships.

They change to 3+ for JS, and on the next dry dock they add new rooms by reducing public areas.

May not be as big a difference as I saw on the Voyager when 800 people walked off the ship, but still a lot of lines and crowding. On Liberty, they removed the concierge lounge and all the diamonds and diamond plus ended up having to share the Diamond Lounge during cocktail hour = no seats unless you arrive at 4:30 PM.

At least they helped by loading drinks on our sea pass cards.

She is only sailing the Chinese market. They ne Ed rolled out the suite class perks to her and most of her sailings end up bring charters or partial charters.

6b4d5bb481b0778ca8ec90dfb2b5eb50.jpg

Are the "Royal Suite Class" perks going to be implemented fleet wide for ships that have Sky and Sea class cabins, i.e. free internet for Grand Suites?

I'm wondering about Ovation as well. It's sailing Australia, Singapore and the Chinese market and Royal Suite Class has been suspended since 27 January. The Singapore sailings in March and April, contrary to the RSC brochure, does not have genies, free internet etc. Yet it has been affected by the cabin recategorisation. RCL is not being very consistent here unless it intends to reinstate the RSC in its entirety some time on the Ovation.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I saw on RC Blog that the 2 bedroom ATS were going back into Star Class. I have no real confirmation but they did show a graphic with it.

Perhaps a TA can confirm.

Confirmed, Royal has updated their flyer and TA website to reflect the changes.

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/General_Info/17055586_Recat_Sales_FAQs.pdf

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/General_Info/17055533_Recategorization_Trade_Grid.pdf

That is great news! Wife will be happy as will I. Thanks for the update!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

They still need to correct some of the cabin quantities. 😱

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

What's the rush, there's still 3 or 4 days till the itineraries are released. It's not like they've had a year to work on this.:rolleyes:

I'm shocked that GR and RH have no suites other than guarantees.

And when are some of the Royal Suite Class benefits going to trickle down to the older ships?

I'm shocked that GR and RH have no suites other than guarantees.

And when are some of the Royal Suite Class benefits going to trickle down to the older ships?

I'm surprised that they haven't rolled something out to the other ships as well. Based on the price differential of the suites on Oasis and Quantum classes compared to the rest of the fleet I'm sure there will sone cutbacks but surely the folks paying for Owners suites and the Royal suites deserve a few more perks.