Cabin Recategorization Coming

Maybe you should look at the OLS and GLS and ask for a separate cot for one of your kids. If kids are younger I can see them sleeping together, the older they get the funnier it would look/be. With the OLS and GLS the adult sleeping area is more separated from where the kids would sleep, giving the two of you space.;)

You are correct though, most of the "new" Star Class cabins are more apt to be three person (unless the kids are younger) except for the two larger ones you mentioned. Are they old enough for their own cabin?

Not quite. Boy is 11 and girl is 7. The cot idea is likely are only option at this point. They sure loved the room in the 2 bdrm ATS. We are booked in December in the same room and will see while we are on the ship what they say for future bookings as it relates to Star Class. Cheers.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

It would have been nice if they added any price differences for the the new categorizations. Maybe not a dollar for dollar but maybe a percentage. I know many of us are already booked into 2018 so that would have been nice in case any plans change.

It would have been nice if they added any price differences for the the new categorizations. Maybe not a dollar for dollar but maybe a percentage. I know many of us are already booked into 2018 so that would have been nice in case any plans change.

I doubt that would have been possible. So many variables, like ship, itinerary, time of year, etc. Plus, an hour after a sailing has been open booking, all the numbers may have changed.

I doubt that would have been possible. So many variables, like ship, itinerary, time of year, etc. Plus, an hour after a sailing has been open booking, all the numbers may have changed.

Here's to hoping for some price screw-ups when they first open up:)

Ken you're in charge!!!

Uh..oh!! :o Jumping ship??!!

No, I meant that I would not be cruising while the new itineraries come out, like last year. If it was not from some very timely emails from my good friends Ellen and Ken, and my luck in looking at email at just the right moment, I would have missed saving over $1000!

No, I meant that I would not be cruising while the new itineraries come out, like last year. If it was not from some very timely emails from my good friends Ellen and Ken, and my luck in looking at email at just the right moment, I would have missed saving over $1000!

I missed out on the $1000 and i was home....lol

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

They are listed under the Junior Suites - so I would think the Family Panoramic OV would get the same benefits as the Junior Suites.

Yes, they quite specifically said on the webinar it would be the same level of benefits as a Junior Suite, not Grand Suite and above.

Also, from where it was mentioned above, nothing was said on the webinar I listened into about Junior suites dropping to 1 point per night.

I don't understand why this is considered complicated. 😱

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

My guess is that the first time you try to book a cruise on RCI's website, you will understand the complication. As it is now, you cannot differentiate between the different balcony categories, for example. You cannot choose a specific cabin. This will not improve with even more categories and pricing choices.

I'm sure there will be those who would tell me to use a TA, but I don't think I should be forced to book with one, just because the website doesn't work properly. So that leaves me with calling and booking direct with RCI, after a lengthy wait on hold.

But hey, that's just me.:rolleyes:

This is all very interesting. I remember a few years ago when Princess completely redid their cabin categories. People were freaking out at first but eventually got used to it, and the way their website is set up, it made it easy to understand and easy to book. If only Royal's website could be as easy to use :( I'm just glad I have my 2018 cruise booked already and probably won't be doing one in 2019 so by the time I'm ready to book again, all the bugs might be worked out.

My guess is that the first time you try to book a cruise on RCI's website, you will understand the complication. As it is now, you cannot differentiate between the different balcony categories, for example. You cannot choose a specific cabin. This will not improve with even more categories and pricing choices.

I'm sure there will be those who would tell me to use a TA, but I don't think I should be forced to book with one, just because the website doesn't work properly. So that leaves me with calling and booking direct with RCI, after a lengthy wait on hold.

But hey, that's just me.:rolleyes:

I understand what you are saying, but these new changes have not happened yet. Innocent until proven guilty is my motto.

Oh, and I like to use a TA ;p

Not quite. Boy is 11 and girl is 7. The cot idea is likely are only option at this point. They sure loved the room in the 2 bdrm ATS. We are booked in December in the same room and will see while we are on the ship what they say for future bookings as it relates to Star Class. Cheers.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

You never know they made gut not follow through or change their minds. I have found the Haven on NCL to be interesting but for me they have no flowrider so we haven't tried it.

Hopefully you find what works for you and your family. Have a blast along the way.:)

$$$

Did you see there were 2 categories for Junior suites now as well.

I can see a lot of the premium cabin prices increasing.

Interesting on Radiance class, all the JS are in the same new category which means they are not making any differential between those 2 aft JS #1100 and #1602 and all the side facing JS. They are all J4.

No J1 or J2 on this class of ship.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nice!! I am guessing you are taking them out to dinner for saving you

a sweet 1 K! ;-)

Interesting on Radiance class, all the JS are in the same new category which means they are not making any differential between those 2 aft JS #1100 and #1602 and all the side facing JS. They are all J4.

No J1 or J2 on this class of ship.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not yet ;)