Why Doesn't Celebrity Fix Their Website Problems?

mnocket

<begin rant> I've only been on this board for about a year. During that time I have seen numerous posts about problems with Celebrity's website. My current issue is that I can never seem to access Manage My Reservation after exiting Cruise Planner. I have to wait until the next day before I can enter Manage My Reservation again. As a recently retired IT Director (to whom the web development team reported), I just can't understand why Celebrity's website sits in such a state of neglect. I've a strong suspicion that an investment in their website would be more than offset by reduced costs of servicing calls the Captains Club made by customers who couldn't accomplish what they need to on the current website. Maybe they need a major system failure (like several airlines have recently suffered) before they wake up to this issue. <end rant>

Welcome to " I hate Celebrity web site" club.;)

We've been locked out of our reservation for over a month now, ever since we printed the express passes. We can't check for luggage tags or anything. Sailing on 2 April.

Tried all the tips and tricks but to no avail.

Have been in touch with the help team too who repeat the same advice & ignore the fact the answers didn't work!

Very annoying.

Likewise, I cannot access anything on my reservation sailing 2nd April (Singapore to Abu Dhabi), is that the one you are on? Hopefully don't really need to, have checked in (luckily), and printed off what I need. This is the first time I have been caught by this but it is so annoying 🙄

<begin rant> I've only been on this board for about a year. During that time I have seen numerous posts about problems with Celebrity's website. My current issue is that I can never seem to access Manage My Reservation after exiting Cruise Planner. I have to wait until the next day before I can enter Manage My Reservation again. As a recently retired IT Director (to whom the web development team reported), I just can't understand why Celebrity's website sits in such a state of neglect. I've a strong suspicion that an investment in their website would be more than offset by reduced costs of servicing calls the Captains Club made by customers who couldn't accomplish what they need to on the current website. Maybe they need a major system failure (like several airlines have recently suffered) before they wake up to this issue. <end rant>

Your are correct in your assessment of the state of the current web site. Some clients can add reservations and make and save other additions or changes and others cannot. As a retired IT man myself, I strongly suspect that there is damage to some user records. Solution? Export user data. Create new user. Import user data.

However, I just finished a phone conversation with a Celebrity representative who informed me that IT is aware of the issue(s) and they have stated that the current web site will NOT be repaired. A new web site is in development. When will it go online? "Unknown."

Therefore, it appears they have been awakened regarding the issue(s) and solution is forthcoming.

To avoid disappointment, I will not expect it to be done soon. If they surprise us within a reasonable amount of time we can all be pleasantly elated! :-)

Those of us who can't order luggage tags for our April 22 Summit cruise have been advised that Celebrity is aware of the problem and doesn't intend to fix it. They seem to think that we will be OK with engaging in some sort of craft project to print luggage tags. Really? After what I paid to sail in the penthouse? I think not.

I sometimes think when it comes to their website Celebrity and RCI show a surprisingly lack of attention to detail.

Examples cited of out of date information are numerous and I've noted recently on RCI some sloppy marketing mistakes - photos of Cinque Terre used to advertise the Greek Islands, a photo prominently featuring a single cruise ship entering a Mediterranean port that isn't a RCI ship, a close-up photo of someone taking a photo with a vintage camera but not pressing the shutter

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=royal+caribbean+wow+sale&client=safari&hl=en-gb&prmd=msivn&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiAg7id7sXSAhXCAMAKHQpOCrMQ_AUICSgD&biw=1024&bih=672#hl=en-gb&tbm=isch&q=royal+caribbean+cameras&*&imgrc=y6N1vhlVwpBk2M:

@downsmead - yes, that's our sailing too. I am really excited about the itinerary!

We have checked in and printed express passes off.

We're flying with celebrity air (or whatever it is called) as well and therefore also possibly need to print off flight stuff, transfers, hotel voucher maybe but we can't access any of it.

So, here I am, livid at Celebrity and their dysfunctional site. I'm sailing on Summit on April 22, and just got my eDocs email yesterday.

Yes, yesterday.

So I went to request my luggage tags, and here is the message I found:

PRINT your luggage tags

WHAT? I'm in a PH and you want me to print luggage tags? Really????

I've been on the phone, on Twitter, and on FB trying to get assistance. Only problem is that tags take 7-10 days to make it to Texas. I'll have to WAIT.

So here I sit, waiting....

But at least my sutuation has been eacalated to a higher authority. Woo Hoo!!!

Interesting thread!

I often have trouble with RCI website and discovered many of their problems are browser related. In the past few days, making a new cruise reservation fails on Chrome and Firefox, but I finally loaded the IE and it worked fine. This is not new and happened last year too. Typically, when moving through the selection process, a page will come up all white, which has become my signal that the code they wrote doesn't work with the browser I am using.

For Celebrity- I completed my final payment yesterday and then scheduled all my dining times with no problem. Next I went to reserve two POC's shore excursions and I get all the way to where I pay and it pops up "there is a problem with your reservation, please call 800..."

So I called and the CSR had the same trouble, checked with her people and came back and said they are having problems with their web site coordinating with the external excursions reservations and the credit card payment pages. She said they were working on it for the past few days. Just keep trying, apologized because even she could not access the system. Just now, at 3AM I got into it and everything worked.

• 1 year later...
I don't have any problems getting onto there website; however I find it very boring as all the pages look exactly the same...clear.png?emoji-grin-1677:D:D:D:D

Celebrity.jpg

ROFL you got me while I was drinking my morning coffee! This has certainly been a familiar sight. Just recently it’s been better. Fingers crossed that they’re really getting it sorted this time.

I just must have good web site karma because I never have the issues I see reported here. We do not sail Celebrity exclusively and I can tell you if you go to other cruise lines sections on CC the web site rants occur there as well. Royal and MSC get just as many complaints about their respective sites as X does. Ironically, everyone's favorite punching bag, Carnival, seems to get the fewest complaints regarding web site functionality.

Just a few days ago needed to make restaurant reservations for our Edge sailing in January, no problem. Did the same for our Serenade of The Seas sailing in September and again, no problems.

As I said in my last post, the web site has been better for the past week or two, though some people are still having issues. If you’ve never encountered the screen the previous poster shared, you are quite lucky. I too have sometimes been the fortunate one when others have had issues, and I have also been one of the frustrated ones. It would be lovely if Celebrity built their system properly, from scratch, so that we could all effortlessly perform necessary actions on the site. Every improvement gives me hope;).

Having suffered through about thirty minutes trying to make a simple payment for a shore excursion this week on an Android device, I can second the notion they still have website problems. There is also another cruise cancelled months ago that remains in my future cruises with reminders to book shore excursions.

My guess is they initially spent a decent sum with some South Asia IT company and someone is unwilling to cut their losses and say we made a mistake.

Can't imagine why problems have existed this long without someone being given a final warning.

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Forums mobile app

"Why" is a question that has challenged mankind for thousands of years. As for the rest of your inquiry, No, "Celebrity doesn't fix their website problems." We've been complaining for years. Presumably Celebrity has decided that there's no such thing as bad publicity.

"Why" is a question that has challenged mankind for thousands of years. As for the rest of your inquiry, No, "Celebrity doesn't fix their website problems." We've been complaining for years. Presumably Celebrity has decided that there's no such thing as bad publicity.

LOL! Your post gave me my first laugh on this April Fools Day...and that's no April Fool.:D

I tried printing my express pass today. Somehow Captain's club numbers disappeared from the reservation, My cruise that had been paid in full since January suddenly had a $500 balance and then I get locked out for 20 minutes! Anyone that thinks the Celebrity website works is dead wrong. Calling the main celebrity number for assistance is nearly as bad. The only bright spot was from One Touch. I pray it all stays together till April 11 when we board!

I have had no problems with the Celebrity website. I can access my future cruises with no problems. I guess I am just lucky. Now if I can only win the lottery. ;p

We too, have had relatively few issues with the website along with friends who travel with us.

I, from time to time, try to reproduce some of these issues without success.

I Am sorry that others are having issues with the website as it can be frustrating. The handful of times when I have had an issue with the website, I just go on to something else and then return to complete what it is I set out to do, unless I forget... :D

bon voyage

I tried printing my express pass today. Somehow Captain's club numbers disappeared from the reservation, My cruise that had been paid in full since January suddenly had a $500 balance and then I get locked out for 20 minutes! Anyone that thinks the Celebrity website works is dead wrong. Calling the main celebrity number for assistance is nearly as bad. The only bright spot was from One Touch. I pray it all stays together till April 11 when we board!

I have yet to read or see a post where anyone who has 'experienced' website problems having had an issue with boarding, unless I have missed it and I do watch for those, for us, anomalies.

Yes, there were a few times when I have had a wait for telephone assistance, yet I realize that possibly with several thousands of other passengers calling, there might be a wait to talk with someone. Just like when I call the PO, my bank (large national) and a few other 'more important' services IMO.

I Am sure you have a 'fully paid' invoice from X or your travel professional when it was fully paid, as such your proof. Any doubts about perks are supported via your fully paid invoice as well, which you can either bring a paper confirmation or on a smart phone. You are so close to sailing that did you have a $500.00 balance you most certainly would have received a cancellation notice. Yes it is important to have the security of knowing it is all taken care of, when we want to know it 'Right Now'.

I trust you find that everything is fine and in order long before you board, either via the website or through speaking with someone at X.

bon voyage

.... or publicity which deters many of us from continuing to book sailings with them to help fill their ships to 90%+ capacity and on 90% of my sailings the ships were essentially sold out.

2,100+ passengers on any given sailing on M and S class indicates to me, at least, the website is not an issue, maybe an annoyance from time to time for some, yet we are still booking and sailing...

I support many who have indicated that they were leaving X due to website issues. You deserve to go where these annoyances are minor or non-existent for sure, if it is truly a bother in the overall scheme for enjoyment of your sailing.

bon voyage