Why Doesn't Celebrity Fix Their Website Problems?

mnocket

<begin rant> I've only been on this board for about a year. During that time I have seen numerous posts about problems with Celebrity's website. My current issue is that I can never seem to access Manage My Reservation after exiting Cruise Planner. I have to wait until the next day before I can enter Manage My Reservation again. As a recently retired IT Director (to whom the web development team reported), I just can't understand why Celebrity's website sits in such a state of neglect. I've a strong suspicion that an investment in their website would be more than offset by reduced costs of servicing calls the Captains Club made by customers who couldn't accomplish what they need to on the current website. Maybe they need a major system failure (like several airlines have recently suffered) before they wake up to this issue. <end rant>

This discussion of when X will improve, repair, or update their website has been going on for years. It appears that the current state of the site does not rate on managements thing to do list.

I had some problems with website also.

I called Celebrity for assistance and was told that you must logoff when finished and not try to access site with more than one device, I have not had a problem since.

Also if you booked through a TA some features on site are not available to you.

I had some problems with website also.

I called Celebrity for assistance and was told that you must logoff when finished and not try to access site with more than one device, I have not had a problem since.

Also if you booked through a TA some features on site are not available to you.

Yeah, I was told the same thing. Doesn't work for me. Still have to wait till the next day even after logging off.

<begin rant> I've only been on this board for about a year. During that time I have seen numerous posts about problems with Celebrity's website. My current issue is that I can never seem to access Manage My Reservation after exiting Cruise Planner. I have to wait until the next day before I can enter Manage My Reservation again. As a recently retired IT Director (to whom the web development team reported), I just can't understand why Celebrity's website sits in such a state of neglect. I've a strong suspicion that an investment in their website would be more than offset by reduced costs of servicing calls the Captains Club made by customers who couldn't accomplish what they need to on the current website. Maybe they need a major system failure (like several airlines have recently suffered) before they wake up to this issue. <end rant>

One way around this is to "right click" on your reservation and bring up a new tab in which to do your Cruise Planner business. Then when you are finished, just X out of that tab and go back to your original Manage My Reservation tab. I have been doing that a lot since I currently have 5 reservations in place that I am checking on.

Also be sure to exit the reservation you are looking at properly each time (by clicking "Click here to exit my reservation") before leaving it to do anything else.

If I forget to do that and just back up or log out, that's when it hangs up and won't let me back into the reservation again. Grrrr......:mad:

One way around this is to "right click" on your reservation and bring up a new tab in which to do your Cruise Planner business. Then when you are finished, just X out of that tab and go back to your original Manage My Reservation tab. I have been doing that a lot since I currently have 5 reservations in place that I am checking on.

THANK YOU! This sounds like a good workaround. I will give it a try.

A continuing rant of mine! IMO it's not just a website problem, but a business problem - The reservations side of things should work seamlessly, invisibly with the CC side of things, and it simply does not and does not appear to have ever done so. The poor call center reps -- who I am sure hear people's frustrated refrains about the website every single day -- are too far away in the organization from the people who make the decisions to get things done.

Heck, I disembarked 2 weeks ago and my CC points are STILL not showing. How hard is this to do? I clearly paid for the cruise. I clearly embarked, took the cruise, and disembarked...That last time I got my seapass scanned, it should have been updated immediately! It's the 21st century for pete's sake.

I must be lucky! The only problem I have had is the occasional 20 minute delay in accessing our reservation. Having used the X website for 7+ years it is not perfect but it is better than when we first cruised with X.

If they were to fix it, what would we all have to complain about? LOL If you look at the website, there is a TON of inaccurate and outdated information everywhere! I'm not an IT person, but even I know that it would be easier for them to scrap and rebuild a totally new site than to try and apply a fix to the current one. However, would those of us who have been using the system for years really believe the new site:rolleyes:

I'm used to the process of not being able to access my reservation AT ALL sometime between final payment, online check-in and documents being available. It happens before every cruise regardless of browser or how I access the reservation (already booked or through my celebrity) or how many times I call captains club....but I love all my time aboard more than any other cruise line I've tried.

I really wish they would do something! I had a terrible time this past week trying to nail down some specialty dining packages (we have two rooms booked for an upcoming cruise). The website managed to lock me out for days. Then, even the celebrity folks seemed stumped by something it was up to as it wouldn't let them complete the order either. It all worked out in the end but it literally took two days of back and forths and trying everything we could think of. Crazy.

A continuing rant of mine! IMO it's not just a website problem, but a business problem - The reservations side of things should work seamlessly, invisibly with the CC side of things, and it simply does not and does not appear to have ever done so. The poor call center reps -- who I am sure hear people's frustrated refrains about the website every single day -- are too far away in the organization from the people who make the decisions to get things done.

Heck, I disembarked 2 weeks ago and my CC points are STILL not showing. How hard is this to do? I clearly paid for the cruise. I clearly embarked, took the cruise, and disembarked...That last time I got my seapass scanned, it should have been updated immediately! It's the 21st century for pete's sake.

I had a conversation with a CC rep about this. It turns out that the website uses its own (separate) database. The CC and website databases are supposed to synchronize daily, but the rep said there are often problems with this. In my case they never could get them sync'd and I wound up having to set up a new account.

I had a conversation with a CC rep about this. It turns out that the website uses its own (separate) database. The CC and website databases are supposed to synchronize daily, but the rep said there are often problems with this. In my case they never could get them sync'd and I wound up having to set up a new account.

Let's hope we don't experience another change in the CC systems like we did a few years ago when points altered to days, otherwise it could be even more interesting considering the amount of increase in member numbers :o.

X's website has been like this for years - if I could have a pound/dollar for all the threads started on this issue, I'd have been able to take a few more cruises ;p.

We've been locked out of our reservation for over a month now, ever since we printed the express passes. We can't check for luggage tags or anything. Sailing on 2 April.

Tried all the tips and tricks but to no avail.

Have been in touch with the help team too who repeat the same advice & ignore the fact the answers didn't work!

Very annoying.

We've been locked out of our reservation for over a month now, ever since we printed the express passes. We can't check for luggage tags or anything. Sailing on 2 April.

Tried all the tips and tricks but to no avail.

Have been in touch with the help team too who repeat the same advice & ignore the fact the answers didn't work!

Very annoying.

Call the captains club to mail out your tags.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

This is my first CruiseCritic posting.

We take a Celebrity Cruise annually and at least once a year I'm calling customer support over a Web site issue. I've written on my online surveys and comment cards about the fragile and unmanageable web site for the last couple of years. You'd think that with all this feedback they would do something but I guess that the one poster that said it's not on managements priority list has it right.

Last time I called (about 2 weeks ago) I was told a "new and improved" website was coming out within the next 2 weeks. I will believe it when I see it.

I've heard that for the last 8 years [emoji16] Sorry, didn't notice where you live. That certainly stinks! On the bright side, 3 years ago we did a Royal Caribbean cruise and they don't mail luggage tags to anyone. We did ours at the pier and everything worked out. Hope it straightens out for you. Did you try contacting celebrityonetouch@celebrity.com? Sometimes they can help.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

We really enjoy cruising with Celebrity, but I recently made a booking with Princess and their website has been such a pleasant change from X's site!

I can actually download a pdf of the excursions without 2 separate calls to customer service to have them email me the file, and I can even see how many spots are left on an excursions!?!?!?!

Celebrity needs to check out their competition's website to get an idea of what their web experience should be like imho.

I can actually download a pdf of the excursions without 2 separate calls to customer service to have them email me the file, and I can even see how many spots are left on an excursions!?!?!?!

How many spots left is only accurate if less than 20.

If you see 20, it could be many more.

How many spots left is only accurate if less than 20.

If you see 20, it could be many more.

Thanks - good to know. I only worry if it's starting to get down to the last few fwiw. I figured as much when the >40 person transfer bus tours showed 20 spots left :)