Why Doesn't Celebrity Fix Their Website Problems?

mnocket

We too, have had relatively few issues with the website along with friends who travel with us.

I, from time to time, try to reproduce some of these issues without success.

I Am sorry that others are having issues with the website as it can be frustrating. The handful of times when I have had an issue with the website, I just go on to something else and then return to complete what it is I set out to do, unless I forget... :D

bon voyage

In the past, I also have not had a lot of problems. (Except the ongoing problem with the Jr. in my name)

But I can no longer review and book shire excursions using my IPad. I think one of the recent enhancements affected the functionality with the IPad. My DW’s MacBook Pro still works fine.

Are you using an IPad?

The current transaction is unavailable due to technical difficulties. Please try again later or call our customer The current transaction is unavailable due to technical difficulties. Please try again later or call our customer service desk.service desk.T

The current transaction in unavailable due to technical difficulties. Please try later or call our customer service desk.

In the past, I also have not had a lot of problems. (Except the ongoing problem with the Jr. in my name)

But I can no longer review and book shire excursions using my IPad. I think one of the recent enhancements affected the functionality with the IPad. My DW’s MacBook Pro still works fine.

Are you using an IPad?

j - I use android tablet and desktop when I access, using SeaMonkey browser, sometimes I use Edge or chrome browsers as well, pending on what is going on with SM, but mainly SM.

Middle names and Suffixes are the most prevalent issues I have read about with the website, with the exception of not being able to access.

bon voyage

If, as some assert, the web site has been bad for years yet bookings are strong and shareholders are making a profit, what incentive does X have to make web improvements? Count me among those who have not had any issues to speak of. Just last week I was able to go into my Edge booking and make restaurant reservations and price out a few on board extras, no problem.

I have yet to read or see a post where anyone who has 'experienced' website problems having had an issue with boarding, unless I have missed it and I do watch for those, for us, anomalies.

Yes, there were a few times when I have had a wait for telephone assistance, yet I realize that possibly with several thousands of other passengers calling, there might be a wait to talk with someone. Just like when I call the PO, my bank (large national) and a few other 'more important' services IMO.

I Am sure you have a 'fully paid' invoice from X or your travel professional when it was fully paid, as such your proof. Any doubts about perks are supported via your fully paid invoice as well, which you can either bring a paper confirmation or on a smart phone. You are so close to sailing that did you have a $500.00 balance you most certainly would have received a cancellation notice. Yes it is important to have the security of knowing it is all taken care of, when we want to know it 'Right Now'.

I trust you find that everything is fine and in order long before you board, either via the website or through speaking with someone at X.

bon voyage

I agree with virtually all you have shared in your posts. I know I am one of the most vocal about the myriad shortcomings and dysfunctionalities and non-functioning parts of the website. We currently have only one more booking with Celebrity, and are very much looking forward to it. Usually, we have al least two or three in some stage of planning. We thoroughly enjoy our onboard experiences. However, for us, part of the enjoyment of any trip (cruise or other type) begins with the planning stage, and this has changed for us. We do know, that once aboard, all will be well. Maybe our next cruise with Celebrity after this will be booked last minute. That will remove the frustration, hand wringing and hair pulling, but at least it will delay it while maybe they get a handle on things. At this point, it's been over a year, and although things are better, some parts are still a mess. We'll likely have to give up the hump balconies and sweet sixteen, since these tend to be the first to go, but that's a small price to pay for avoiding months of frustration, or maybe someone will cancel one of those and we'll luck out. Perhaps we'll try other cruise lines or different types of travel experiences altogether. Time will tell. We still prefer sailing with Celebrity for many reasons, but the failure of their technology has caused us to look elsewhere as well instead of pretty exclusively to X.

I agree with virtually all you have shared in your posts. I know I am one of the most vocal about the myriad shortcomings and dysfunctionalities and non-functioning parts of the website. We currently have only one more booking with Celebrity, and are very much looking forward to it. Usually, we have al least two or three in some stage of planning. We thoroughly enjoy our onboard experiences. However, for us, part of the enjoyment of any trip (cruise or other type) begins with the planning stage, and this has changed for us. We do know, that once aboard, all will be well. Maybe our next cruise with Celebrity after this will be booked last minute. That will remove the frustration, hand wringing and hair pulling, but at least it will delay it while maybe they get a handle on things. At this point, it's been over a year, and although things are better, some parts are still a mess. We'll likely have to give up the hump balconies and sweet sixteen, since these tend to be the first to go, but that's a small price to pay for avoiding months of frustration, or maybe someone will cancel one of those and we'll luck out. Perhaps we'll try other cruise lines or different types of travel experiences altogether. Time will tell. We still prefer sailing with Celebrity for many reasons, but the failure of their technology has caused us to look elsewhere as well instead of pretty exclusively to X.

I understand it is part of the overall experience and am sorry that X's website does not contribute towards it as a starting point for you and vacation. Very frustrating.

Thank you for your input and bon voyage

Excellent points and well constructed response. I know you have experienced more frustration than most with their website over the past year or so.

We have 2 place holders for X and are presently struggling to find a suitable sailing for our needs/requirements. We also may keep them for a last minute sailing or continue to move them beyond 2019.

I Am sure you have a 'fully paid' invoice from X or your travel professional when it was fully paid, as such your proof. Any doubts about perks are supported via your fully paid invoice as well, which you can either bring a paper confirmation or on a smart phone. You are so close to sailing that did you have a $500.00 balance you most certainly would have received a cancellation notice. Yes it is important to have the security of knowing it is all taken care of, when we want to know it 'Right Now'.

bon voyage

It is truly not a problem until your involved in a situation. The last thing I want to do is rely on a non-Celebrity person at check in to fix a major snafu on the booking like owing $$. I will know next Wed if all goes well, at least at this point Amber at One Touch has my booking corrected and is watching it to make sure it does not get screwed up again. She acknowledged that the system is having issues and has forwarded the information onto the IT folks (or black hole) Waiting for my first drink on the ship and all this "stuff" will be behind!

j - I use android tablet and desktop when I access, using SeaMonkey browser, sometimes I use Edge or chrome browsers as well, pending on what is going on with SM, but mainly SM.

Middle names and Suffixes are the most prevalent issues I have read about with the website, with the exception of not being able to access.

bon voyage

Well of course you can access when you use SeaMonkey! Who wouldn’t allow those cute critters access?

Seriously, I love your posts Bo, you are always so positive!