Staying in Room with D+ - Do I get their Status?

I am sailing on the Anthem in July with a friend who is D+ (I am 1 point away from D). We are staying in the same room and I was wondering if I will I get D+ perks? I decided to take this cruise so that my DH and I will be D when we cruise in September.

I am sailing on the Anthem in July with a friend who is D+ (I am 1 point away from D). We are staying in the same room and I was wondering if I will I get D+ perks? I decided to take this cruise so that my DH and I will be D when we cruise in September.
No you will not.

Of course you already know the answer is no but the reason that was not explained to you, is that you need to have the same home address. Does not have to be husband and wife, but living at the same address and registered on the same reservation together.

Congrats on making it to Diamond soon! Before you know it....it's D+ time.

Enjoy your cruise! :)

Of course you already know the answer is no but the reason that was not explained to you, is that you need to have the same home address. Does not have to be husband and wife, but living at the same address and registered on the same reservation together.

Congrats on making it to Diamond soon! Before you know it....it's D+ time.

Enjoy your cruise! :)

The same home address does not necessarily get you equivalent status. You must be the spouse/significant other or a minor child to be entered into a relationship.

A Crown & Anchor Society member can be added into a relationship with other family members in the same household and receive equivalent tier status; however Cruise Points will remain according to actual cruises taken and calculated using the Program level accrual system described above. Pinnacle Club member tier status will not be awarded to dependents if earned by their parent and/or guardian. Pinnacle Club member tier status can only be earned by an individual, spouse or significant other by one of them accumulating 700 Cruise Points or more in the CAS program.

For all tiers except Pinnacle Club, a relationship is defined as a spouse or significant other and children less than 18 years old. For Pinnacle Club a relationship is considered a spouse and/or significant other. Children will be taken out of a relationship with a parent or guardian upon their 18th birthday date. If it is found that a dependent or child is not immediately removed from a relationship upon their 18th birthday and accumulates a higher tier status outside of this time period, the dependents record will be adjust back to the appropriate tier status.

The same home address does not necessarily get you equivalent status. You must be the spouse/significant other or a minor child to be entered into a relationship.

A Crown & Anchor Society member can be added into a relationship with other family members in the same household and receive equivalent tier status; however Cruise Points will remain according to actual cruises taken and calculated using the Program level accrual system described above. Pinnacle Club member tier status will not be awarded to dependents if earned by their parent and/or guardian. Pinnacle Club member tier status can only be earned by an individual, spouse or significant other by one of them accumulating 700 Cruise Points or more in the CAS program.

For all tiers except Pinnacle Club, a relationship is defined as a spouse or significant other and children less than 18 years old. For Pinnacle Club a relationship is considered a spouse and/or significant other. Children will be taken out of a relationship with a parent or guardian upon their 18th birthday date. If it is found that a dependent or child is not immediately removed from a relationship upon their 18th birthday and accumulates a higher tier status outside of this time period, the dependents record will be adjust back to the appropriate tier status.

Now if she and her friend were living together at the same address, and then called themselves significant others? How would you go about proving they were not? How exactly would you define "significant other" anyway? And how could RCI determine if they were in a relationship or not? ;)

Yes..you can board together!

My sister is D, we are D+. We always board together when we cruise together....we simply

wait with them in the "D" area. No big deal...would be the difference of a few minutes maybe?? ;)

On some ships the status/perks for D are nearly the same as D+ Example... the D and D+ use the same Diamond Lounge. You will both be invited to the upper tier event on any ship. You will both have the 3 evening cocktail vouchers. Your D+ companion will have a free wash and fold laundry bag so perhaps you can put some of your items in that bag. When boarding, the D category is called just a minute or two after the D+. As mentioned you will likely be able to board together. Of course, if you arrive at the port after the initial boarding rush, it won't matter as you can both just walk on. Upper level D+ do get a few extra perks ( extra amenities, tours, meal with officer etc.) and as the companion, you will no be included in these events.

Is there a specific perk you were wondering about?

Enjoy

M

On some ships the status/perks for D are nearly the same as D+ Example... the D and D+ use the same Diamond Lounge. You will both be invited to the upper tier event on any ship. You will both have the 3 evening cocktail vouchers. Your D+ companion will have a free wash and fold laundry bag so perhaps you can put some of your items in that bag. When boarding, the D category is called just a minute or two after the D+. As mentioned you will likely be able to board together. Of course, if you arrive at the port after the initial boarding rush, it won't matter as you can both just walk on. Upper level D+ do get a few extra perks ( extra amenities, tours, meal with officer etc.) and as the companion, you will no be included in these events.

Enjoy

M

Very good points! :) Except just a few tweaks...OP states she is boarding Anthem. As far as I know Anthem still has the original concept of the CL and DL. She would not be allowed in the CL (concierge lounge) with her friend.

Meal with an officer comes only after 340 points attained for D+ (plus a nice extra bonus gift..I like that second bottle of wine ;)).

On our last Oasis cruise, indeed different set up. No more Concierge lounge, which has now been replaced with the Suites Lounge. D+ not allowed. So...yes...being D+ we are kicked back to the Diamond Lounge again, unless you travel in a GS and above. :o

Enjoy

M

The OP is 1 point away from being Diamond, so she will not get any Diamond perks (3 evening cocktails, etc.).

The OP is 1 point away from being Diamond, so she will not get any Diamond perks (3 evening cocktails, etc.).

Good catch of course. :) Yes, no CL OR DL, and no free drinks indeed. Oh well, just something she gets to look forward to on the cruise after that! :D

Now if she and her friend were living together at the same address, and then called themselves significant others? How would you go about proving they were not? How exactly would you define "significant other" anyway? And how could RCI determine if they were in a relationship or not? ;)

Yes you could easily lie and say that but you have to call and have the relatuonship established. Just simply having the same address will not automatically get both people the higher status of the two.

Yes you could easily lie and say that but you have to call and have the relatuonship established. Just simply having the same address will not automatically get both people the higher status of the two.

Hmmm...not that I would do it (married to the DH for over 20 years, who has had to put up with me for longer than that:* ), but just wondering how RCI goes about having a relationship "established" Big brother watching via web cam in their house to see if they are sleeping in the same room? ;p

Come to think of it, I know of several married couples that have separate bedrooms!! :o;)

Thanks for all of the responses. The reason I asked is my friend said I would get all of her D+ perks and I didn't think that was right.

She can still use her drink vouchers in any of the other lounges with you.

And most importantly....you will have fun no matter what you do! :)

Enjoy your cruise!! :D

If I called my wife insignificant other, we wouldn't be cruising together any longer. :p

All kidding aside, you do bring up a good point and something I don't believe RCCL would challenge.

If I called my wife insignificant other, we wouldn't be cruising together any longer. :p

All kidding aside, you do bring up a good point and something I don't believe RCCL would challenge.

Thanks. I indeed thought of that as a bit of a fine line there. Probably should just simply apply to persons living at the same address, registered on the same reservation, in the same cabin anyway. ;)

Yeah, calling my DH "insignificant" other would not be well thought of either. ;p:o