What are the BEST times to go to the Windjammer?

What would you consider to be the BEST time to go to the WindJammer Buffet?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. What would you consider to be the BEST time to go to the WindJammer Buffet?

• BREAKFAST 6:30 to 7:30 AM
    • BREAKFAST 7:30 to 8:30 AM
    • BREAKFAST 8:30 to 9:30 AM
    • BREAKFAST 9:30 to 10:30 AM
    • LUNCH 12 Noon to 1PM
    • LUNCH 1PM to 2PM
    • DINNER 6PM to 7PM
    • DINNER 7PM to 8PM
    • DINNER 8PM to 9PM
    • Anytime is good!

It also depends where in the world you are cruising, eg Europeans tend to eat later than Americans.

Absolutely...ships with lots of the same nationality tend to be full at the same times.

especially for breakfast excursions/port days is the biggest driver

When eating at WJ, we prefer to be there shortly after opening. Sometimes it's a little quieter (at early breakfast and dinner), and I can convince myself that there haven't been as many hands, sneezes and coughs as there will be later in the shift. ;p

If we have an excursion we need to be as early as possible so we have no other option but we usually try to avoid it when it opens in the morning ( it's really early for us to wake

Up at that time) we end up going 1 hr before closing time.

If it's a day at sea, we go at anytime for lunch it will be full most of the time

And finally dinner, we always eat at the MDR and we just go for small bite as soon as it opens and it's very empty

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Early every meal - before the food has been touched and coughed on 1000 times 😒

You do realize that the same food doesn't sit there the entire time right? They are constantly replacing as the trays are emptied. You could go at 2 and get all fresh food depending on what you want as some things disappear faster than others. Coughing isn't the issue anyway. It's the people who don't wash their hands, lick their fingers and/or grab food with their hands. We usually only eat lunch in the WJ on sea days since we sit in the solarium or a shady spot on deck most of the day so we grab it and eat in our loungers. So, I'm usually ready to eat when the WJ opens, usually around 12. We have never had dinner in the WJ and only had breakfast a couple of times when we had early excursions and need to eat and get off the ship quickly.

We eat in the dining room for breakfast every morning...it's just nicer! We are not fans of buffets to start with...and having your meals SERVED to you, rather than juggling plates while you're searching for syrup or butter....then searching for a table while your food gets cold.....

I've been to the WJ several times looking for the jugglers and the searchers and have never found them. Get a table before you go to the food. Then quickly get your food. If you can't find something, any of the staff are more than happy to show you exactly where what you want is located or even bring it to you at your table. This oft-repeated juggling-searching theory is hogwash. Eating in the MDR is also enjoyable, but eating in the WJ is far from the horror show that some posters would make it out to be.:rolleyes:

Trying to generate a histogram of the best times to go to the Windjammer for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner. Feel free to make entries for the three general meal times.

Too me it varies by the ship and day. On any ship stopping in Nassau I go when we dock as a lot of people are leaving. On a Sea Day, I'll get up early and run and hit it before 8am. On Freedom when we were due to arrive in Labadee by 10am, we went at 9:30. On Oasis and Allure the only good time was at dinner. On most ships I've been on it opens early. At ports were we are spending the entire day ashore, I like to get a good meal and then get off the ship as soon as I can. On Jewel in 2014 we arrived at Barbados at 8am, I went to the WJ at 7am and it wasn't open yet.

Looks like the concensus is:

- Early Breakfast

- Late Lunch

- Latish dinner

I guess that is expected a everyone wants to maximize their waking activity time.

"Don't wanna close my eyes. I don't want to fall asleep... 'Cause I miss you Baby and I don't want to miss a thing!....." - Aerosmith

There are so many options on the larger ships. We did breakfasts on 2 port days due to early excursion. There were No issues finding seats at 7 AM. On departure day, we went at about 7:30. It was busy but we found a table pretty quickly. For dinner, we went a couple of nights with no real issues finding a table. I never went at lunch but ds did and didn't find issues at 11:30-12. THe on,y day we with issues was boarding day but we went to wipeout cafe with no wait. We were on Allure.