Price drop after final payment

sherbear850

Call Celebrity and ask for help. Usual solution is cabin upgrade. Also depends how long ago your final payment was made, but if you approach as upset, not angry - they usually do something IF you booked direct with Celebrity. Otherwise contact your travel agent for help

Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Does anyone know Celebrity's policy if the price drops after final payment? Our British Isles cruise June 4th Just dropped about $525.00 CD each.

Just wondering what we should do?

Does the reduction include all the same add-ons you currently have?

They will not likely reduce your price after final payment. However if you can find a cabin upgrade at even a slightly higher price it might be worth it to you - but you need to look at your perks too between your current deal and the upgrade.

i think you're outta-luck but it never hurts to ask..... Maybe you can score something

they follow the first rule of the ferengi codes of acquisition to the letter.... :p

358fc5e33256f5dc64af37bc59dd4c6d2d6e0f47ee249d4b602794c8.jpeg

Funny!++ Glad to see another Trek fan around.

Hi All,

My cruise has dropped considerable in price since I booked, I called Celebrity and they would not budge, take it or leave it. I am wondering is there a different set of rules if you book from the UK as opposed to the US ?

Yes the rules are different. I live in the USA. I email my TA and get the price reduced or OBC or upgrade. I mostly book onboard a cruise. Then if the suite price drops I'll grab a suite. Then after final payment if the price drops I email my TA. Our next cruise we had a nice A1 cabin, upgrade after final payment to a S2 for $900 with all perks. My TA has told me if I see the price drop take a screenshot and email her.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Forums mobile app

The standard rules among all mainstream US based cruise lines is that for US customers: pre final payment you can take advantage of price drops but you accept all new booking terms (so may lose or gain OBC or perks); post final payment you are out of luck on drops but can often upgrade to a higher level cabin. For U.K. Customers you are out of luck all the way around; unclear if they can upgrade to a higher cabin.

Never hurts to call and ask but no reason to be upset if they say no... none of the other lines would anyway.

Also, keep in mind that if you book further out you are often able to choose your room for no extra money but close to sailing date it's usually only guarantees that drop. So if that's the case you are in it's not really an apples to apples comparison.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks everyone. Just called Celebrity and to our surprise they were very accommodating. They offered a room upgrade which we declined as we liked the location of the cabin we had picked. They then offered all four perks which included $300.00 OBC, internet, tips, and premium beverage package. We are very happy with this outcome and look forward to our cruise! As a Canadian, the OBC is worth $400.00 in our money, yahoo!

I am very new to cruising. First cruise, price drop + new perks even before final payment, and I did not do anything about it. We are going on our second cruise... 4 months before final payment, saw price drop and got $450 pp drop by having TA call CC. I made full payment 2 months before final payment deadline as I did not want to forget (was travelling alot). Did not check price until 2 weeks after final payment. Saw prices drop across the board, got TA to upgrade to next category (from Balcony to Concierge) as the Concierge level cost less than the Balcony. TA did that successfully. Then 2 weeks later, paid an additional $1500 pp to upgrade to a Suite after more price drop. Within 10 min of completion of transaction by TA, Suite dropped by another $200pp, TA called CC about it and CC's attitude was "too bad, so sad". LOL. Was happy to try a Suite anyway.

Hi All,

My cruise has dropped considerable in price since I booked, I called Celebrity and they would not budge, take it or leave it. I am wondering is there a different set of rules if you book from the UK as opposed to the US ?

Just to clarify for after the final payment. Are you saying Celebrity would not allow you to upgrade to a higher level category (assuming there was a category that was just slightly more than you paid)?

If they would not allow you to upgrade than the rules are different.

I haven't reached final payment stage yet, I was not offered any upgrade or a price match when I called the UK office. Wondering should I call them again or is it waste of time. I have booked a category C3 Concierge , C1 and C2 are cheaper.

Thanks everyone. Just called Celebrity and to our surprise they were very accommodating. They offered a room upgrade which we declined as we liked the location of the cabin we had picked. They then offered all four perks which included $300.00 OBC, internet, tips, and premium beverage package. We are very happy with this outcome and look forward to our cruise! As a Canadian, the OBC is worth $400.00 in our money, yahoo!

However, anything you use the OBC for is at US Dollar rates, so it's still only $300 for spending. Celebrity OBC is non refundable, so be sure to use it all.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There is a different set of rules for you, though I am not sure if it is a Celebrity thing. Hopefully, someone from the UK, etc. will come on to explain. I think your best bet is to cancel (you will lose your down payment, as I recall) and rebook at the lower rate.

OP - That's great that celebrity worked with you! :)

Yes the rules are different. I live in the USA. I email my TA and get the price reduced or OBC or upgrade. I mostly book onboard a cruise. Then if the suite price drops I'll grab a suite. Then after final payment if the price drops I email my TA. Our next cruise we had a nice A1 cabin, upgrade after final payment to a S2 for $900 with all perks. My TA has told me if I see the price drop take a screenshot and email her.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Forums mobile app

Does that count on drink packages too? :evilsmile:

(great deal on drink package at $ 5.24 & 13.10 CAN per day eh?)

:eek:

8c4186de820f064933df31bb25d59666.jpg

I haven't reached final payment stage yet, I was not offered any upgrade or a price match when I called the UK office. Wondering should I call them again or is it waste of time. I have booked a category C3 Concierge , C1 and C2 are cheaper.

Different set of rules for the UK (unless you booked when they were offering the price match as a special promotion up to a given date), otherwise no price drops - only option is to lose your deposit and rebook if the price drop is substantial enough e.g. calculate the difference against loss of deposits.

I have stated this multiple times on this site, but if you book under general UK T&C, you have to be happy with your initial price and perks. The chances of you getting anything better further down the line without being penalised and paying penalties is very slim ;).

That's great sherbear, congrats. Looks like you don't have a TA though. We're on the same sailing and FP payment was two weeks ago, but I still want to call and ask, they can only say no:D

General question about price drops:

I'm watching the price on a Solstice cruise. It has dropped considerably after final payment (last week) but is still 68 days out. I know last year's price was $200 lower 58 days before sailing. My question to those who watch these......is the drop after 75 days the best or do they drop again after 60? TIA!

General question about price drops:

I'm watching the price on a Solstice cruise. It has dropped considerably after final payment (last week) but is still 68 days out. I know last year's price was $200 lower 58 days before sailing. My question to those who watch these......is the drop after 75 days the best or do they drop again after 60? TIA!

Keep watch on the inventory. The UK site shows all available inventory.