$7.95 Room Service Charge

In Philadelphia and the suburbs, there are many BYOB restaurants. Some charge a corkage fee and some do not.

Some restaurants will even provide you with wine glasses and wine chillers. By the way, if I bring a bottle of Fred Sanford's famous "Thunderbird" with a screw cap, will it require a corkage fee.:evilsmile:

Some restaurants will even provide you with wine glasses and wine chillers. By the way, if I bring a bottle of Fred Sanford's famous "Thunderbird" with a screw cap, will it require a corkage fee.:evilsmile:

I am from philadelphia. Don't remember ever going to one that sold wine and allowed you to BYOB. But i guess it must be true if you say so. I am certainly not saying that there are none. I just have never been to any that would let you do this. I can tell you for certain :Dthat their not Greek owners though. lol

In Philadelphia and the suburbs, there are many BYOB restaurants. Some charge a corkage fee and some do not.

Ok i guess its been a long time since i have been to Philly. Maybe that's something new like the craft beer bars or something like that. Never been to one that held that policy if they sold liquor. I would think it's bad for business. :rolleyes:Just saying.

Really, I don't know of any restaurants where you can bring your own bottle from home and open it in the restaurant. Our family owned and operated restaurants . I am not saying it's not true but i sure never heard of this.:)

I would say 95% of restaurants in Australia allow BYO, from neighbourhood places to fine dining.

You get a $1 discount if you order room service on the first day for delivery on day 3 or later.

Posted to your seapass on the day the order is placed and not refunded if you cancel or are not home at the time of delivery.

• 1 month later...
can i assume everyone is happy and accepted this fee? weird to have a thread like this die. is everyone ok?

We were happy with the soft fried eggs, bacon and sausage so coupled with the convenience of breakfast brought to the cabin so we could eat it on the balcony we thought it was worth the charge which on Freedom in June had tax added so it was actually $8.56.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app

can i assume everyone is happy and accepted this fee? weird to have a thread like this die. is everyone ok?

Don't know if anyone is happy but as they say, "it is what it is". If you want the for fee options, you have to pay for it!

M

If your are brave enough to drink Thunderbird or MD20/20 you be given a pass on any type alchol fee.

Is this something we need to know in order to book a cruise?

Sounds like room service is now ready for a flow chart:rolleyes:

yes and no. If you book anything other than suite, and you order room service ( which use to be free) on anything other than a Continental breakfast you pay 7.95 per order.

There is a very limited menu selection.

Now if you book a suite then decide to cancel you may not get your money back

While I still may book an RCI cruise in the future, My "loyal to royal" status is no more. My next two vacations are an all inclusive in cancun this sunday, and then a disney cruise in Oct.

When pricing out AI, the price was about the same including airfare. Plus. Unlimited drinks, without a separate alcohol package. Disney was about a 1.5k more expensive for a family of four for what we wanted but at least I dont feel nickel and dimed on Disney. RCI is clearly catering to a different demographic these days. Which is fine, but it just opens up more options for our family.

I am looking very hard at MSC Divdia or Seaside. I liked what I saw on Viking smaller ship, no inside cabins , tailored more adults. No water park, limited free shore excursions, free beer wine soad for lunch and dinner. No charge for specialty restaurants . Plus right now free airfare, but out of our budget right now. I am keeping them on my radar.

No, not happy - but also not able to do anything about it.

We booked again with RC recently but the combination of a decline in customer service along with an increase in costs (fare, room service, corkage, drinks packages etc) means it is no longer the cruise line we'll look to first in the future.