$7.95 Room Service Charge

Good to see that you are proactively justifying this move . :rolleyes:
You're confusing "explaining" with "justifying". The fact of the matter is the fact of the matter even if it isn't sweetness and light.

You're confusing "explaining" with "justifying". The fact of the matter is the fact of the matter even if it isn't sweetness and light.
You confuse justifying with explaining . When you post " Just like at many hotels." you are not explaining . Your attempts to justify all negative moves are odd .

Your refusal to accept the author's stated intention of the posts that you're reading is mystifying. Don't work so hard to rationalize your outrage. It would be far more helpful to view the situation more objectively for understanding.

This message may have been entered using voice recognition. Please excuse any typos.

Better yet, avoid all this BS, book another line such as MSC (Fantasia & above) or Holland America, Princess, Cunard, Windstar, Oceana, Crystal, Seaborn, etc., etc. There are choices, I for one just booked my second MSC cruise, this time on the Divana, for Sept. 30th.

I wont spend $$$$ and have pathetic service charges: that's why I have a "just say NO policy" for NCL!

I don't need to finish my effort toward Diamond Plus: if the Black Card works, then Royal, hasta la vista baby!

Me I am still very annoyed about the room service charge, and how I found out about it . why ? simply because with RCI when I booked it was still a complementary option , no fee and this helped with the decision when choosing which cruise line to book , free room service RCI was the choice. and secondly because I didnt find out about it from RCI but on here . I did express my feelings to RCI on this matter and basically their reply and attitude has made me question whether I will ever book with RCI again ?

Me I am still very annoyed about the room service charge, and how I found out about it . why ? simply because with RCI when I booked it was still a complementary option , no fee and this helped with the decision when choosing which cruise line to book , free room service RCI was the choice. and secondly because I didnt find out about it from RCI but on here . I did express my feelings to RCI on this matter and basically their reply and attitude has made me question whether I will ever book with RCI again ?

I don't think they think very much of their customers.

Same situation and response as when they introduced the $30 fee for ifly, and $24 for North star. Basically, "sorry, but tough".

I used to listen in on customer-customer service agent calls as part of my job with the third-party I worked for. It was one of the most fascinating parts of my work for many years. What made it especially interesting was the comparison between the actual recording of the call to how the customer characterized the call to the manager once the call was escalated. The customer would be chillingly sure of the rudeness of the customer service agent, for example, yet nine times out of ten the recording of the call revealed a courteous customer service agent patiently struggling to help the customer understand. What I learned from this is the when people are disappointed by some aspect of the service provided, such as a change of this sort, it becomes more difficult to separate their disappointment from the polite service they're receiving, even when it is clear that the service provider was delivering exactly what they promised, i.e., in this case that the terms and conditions specified that some changes may be expected. I learned really quickly at that job to reserve judgment until I could hear the original customer-customer service agent call for myself.

It's been a few years since JD Power compared customer service at the various cruise lines but there's no reason to think things have changed to rearrange the rankings that much in that time. Royal Caribbean was a close second to Disney. Holland America was just below Royal Caribbean and Carnival was dead last. However, from my anecdotal experience over the last few months, agents from both Holland America and Carnival provided me very courteous, albeit not placating, responses to my inquiries. Compared to hotels, the ratings for all but Carnival were superior to the average rating for upper midscale hotels. This all begs the question how much of the consternation about customer service, specifically, is really just an attempt to make the disappointment with the change itself sound like more than just disappointment with the change.

Dear Lord the things you can stir up with a single innocent question😣. I WILL NOT SHARE MY ROOM SERVICE:I WILL NOT SHARE MY ROOM SERVICE: I WILL NOT SHARE MY ROOM SERVICE: I WILL NOT SHARE MY ROOM SERVICE: I WILL NOT SH....

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Forums mobile app

You have been a member for 10 years... you should have known....;):D

Not that anyone cares, but I have 3 vacations coming up the next few months, only one of which is with Royal. The first one "had" a select drinks package, free room service, no corkage fees at time of booking. ALL gone now.

So, following this I will be on a land based vacation, and then with A N Other cruise.

As for room service making a "free" delivery to Grand Suite - they could order every thing and make themselves sick, they could put it directly in the bin, they could feed it to the birds if they wanted. It's not relevant what they choose to do with it. T&C's say for particular cabins it's free delivery to that location. That's all it says. There are no further stipulations.

I am bored of the self righteousness on this forum.

I used to listen in on customer-customer service agent calls as part of my job with the third-party I worked for. It was one of the most fascinating parts of my work for many years. What made it especially interesting was the comparison between the actual recording of the call to how the customer characterized the call to the manager once the call was escalated. The customer would be chillingly sure of the rudeness of the customer service agent, for example, yet nine times out of ten the recording of the call revealed a courteous customer service agent patiently struggling to help the customer understand. What I learned from this is the when people are disappointed by some aspect of the service provided, such as a change of this sort, it becomes more difficult to separate their disappointment from the polite service they're receiving, even when it is clear that the service provider was delivering exactly what they promised, i.e., in this case that the terms and conditions specified that some changes may be expected. I learned really quickly at that job to reserve judgment until I could hear the original customer-customer service agent call for myself.

It's been a few years since JD Power compared customer service at the various cruise lines but there's no reason to think things have changed to rearrange the rankings that much in that time. Royal Caribbean was a close second to Disney. Holland America was just below Royal Caribbean and Carnival was dead last. However, from my anecdotal experience over the last few months, agents from both Holland America and Carnival provided me very courteous, albeit not placating, responses to my inquiries. Compared to hotels, the ratings for all but Carnival were superior to the average rating for upper midscale hotels. This all begs the question how much of the consternation about customer service, specifically, is really just an attempt to make the disappointment with the change itself sound like more than just disappointment with the change.

When I "hold for the survey," I often will give them top marks on politeness, but sometimes have to rate them lower on helpfulness. If a customer isn't polite to the rep, they'll get too flustered to be able to help.

A lot of that can be attributed to the perfection culture we've adopted in the workplace in the United States. I had a dishwasher installed last week. As the installer is leaving he implores me to give him all 10s on the survey because 9s are treated as failure. We've heard the same thing reported with regard to cabin attendants and MDR servers aboard cruise ships, and some folks have even noted that the surveys themselves are asking whether or not you've been implored to provide only perfect scores (a question presumably used to invalidate perfect scores that the crew member in question receives from other passengers). I cannot imagine a more stressful work-scenario than a job you need to feed yourself and your children hanging by a thread on the difference between perfection and near-perfection based on input from someone who is expecting more than what they have been promised and more than you can give them.

Not that anyone cares, but I have 3 vacations coming up the next few months, only one of which is with Royal. The first one "had" a select drinks package, free room service, no corkage fees at time of booking. ALL gone now.

So, following this I will be on a land based vacation, and then with A N Other cruise.

As for room service making a "free" delivery to Grand Suite - they could order every thing and make themselves sick, they could put it directly in the bin, they could feed it to the birds if they wanted. It's not relevant what they choose to do with it. T&C's say for particular cabins it's free delivery to that location. That's all it says. There are no further stipulations.

I am bored of the self righteousness on this forum.

Why did the drink pkg go away?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Think they are losing touch that they need us more than we need them.

Sad to say not really. If you dont book a cruise that just means it open for the next person in line. The only way we may get their attention is 8f 5he entire passenger lists went on stike and canceled the day before the cruise. Even then they would not care because the would have enough everyonespace money. That is all they really care about. On my first cruise back in the 70s some of the staff did a walkout in Miami. Delayed departure till new crews got there. I asked a staff member what was going on here told me " the ship line would agree to everything in Miami, then at the next port the stickers would be fired and replaced "

Sad to say not really. If you dont book a cruise that just means it open for the next person in line.

When I said 'we' it means every customers. A company with no customers mean closing down. If RCI closes down, we as customers live on. So they need us more than we need them.

. . . give him all 10s on the survey because 9s are treated as failure. . .

They want you to enter problems in the comments section. But how can we add "needs improvement" in comments if we score all 10s? To me, we only need to add comments to explain why we didn't give out a perfect score.

We were asked to score all 10s in the survey when we bought a car.

If they want perfect scores, do perfect work. We tell them in writing how they can get a perfect score.