$7.95 Room Service Charge

Have you heard the latest fee from Royal?

Royal Caribbean International this month began charging guests a $15 corkage fee for every wine or champagne bottle brought aboard.

Why all the added fees all of a sudden!

To help people start complaining posts like this one, even when its not a big deal? :eek:

I just asked a question about something I just found out and was surprised. No need to sarcastic Cruisefan0001! I thought cruise critic is to make others aware of change too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, and that happened 1500+ posts ago or can be ascertained by the various other threads on the same subject.

Unfortunately, not everyone can read every post or thread. I'm sorry I missed it somewhere along the way.

Unfortunately, not everyone can read every post or thread. I'm sorry I missed it somewhere along the way.

Many times, major RCI announcements like this are sticky threads by the mods at the top of the main RCI page.

I knew about the corkage fee in public areas but I was talking about what I just read in a travel publication

Royal Caribbean International this month began charging guests a $15 corkage fee for EVERY wine or champagne bottle brought aboard.

The fee applies to any bottle brought onboard on embarkation day, regardless of where it is consumed. The fee does not apply to wine purchased from onboard meus or in ships’ gift shops.

I knew about the corkage fee in public areas but I was talking about what I just read in a travel publication

Royal Caribbean International this month began charging guests a $15 corkage fee for EVERY wine or champagne bottle brought aboard.

The fee applies to any bottle brought onboard on embarkation day, regardless of where it is consumed. The fee does not apply to wine purchased from onboard meus or in ships’ gift shops.

I've not seen this confirmed by the cruise line or reported by any guests yet.

I agree, with you!:D On the smaller ships on RC, after 9 pm there were limited choices: a few sandwiches and pizza that were not up to par.:') Smaller ships do not have late night dining options like the oasis class ships. I would hope that instead of other RC travelers making remarks about what other company standards are…support the fact that some RC cruisers like to eat after 9 pm and do not want to pay an additional fee. The fact the RC used to offer this service and now it is being taken away is a concern for some of your fellow travelers. No need for some of you to take the RC stance and be so personal about it. Also, I've seen people make comments on their wheight and food choices, CC is about supporting fellow cruisers and offering tips and advice. People should be able to give their opinion and share their experience…be it good or bad.:) I enjoy late night meals and want the option of free room service back! I do beleive that some people waste food so a minimal $2-3; charge/tip for meals from 2am-4am would be ok with me.

Personally, I didn't think much of the old room service menu or the quality of it. In my experience, the new menu is worthy a nominal fee. And yes, I feel $8 is nominal. Less than the cost of a beer.

So, I for one do not support rolling back to the old system. This is my contribution.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

That is not the same as what the poster said:

The website specifies bottles brought to public areas, not every bottle brought onboard.

That is not the same as what the poster said
I am glad to have been able to refer to the accurate information.

This message may have been entered using voice recognition. Please excuse any typos.

Have you heard the latest fee from Royal?

Royal Caribbean International this month began charging guests a $15 corkage fee for every wine or champagne bottle brought aboard.

Why all the added fees all of a sudden!

THERE IS NO CHARGE TO BRING WINE/CHAMPAGNE ON BOARD. Passengers may bring two 750ml bottles per stateroom per cruise.

There is a $15 corkage fee for bottles of wine/champagne brought on board and TAKEN TO THE DINING ROOM OR RESTUARANTS. THERE IS NO CHARGE TO SIMPLY BRING WINE ON BOARD.

Cheers

M

didn't read to the end and see that this info had already been stated. Hi Bob.

There is a $15 corkage fee for bottles of wine/champagne brought on board and TAKEN TO THE DINING ROOM OR RESTUARANTS.

Even this part may become fungible due to all the other way one can get a bottle and different policy decisions on each ship. You know, the consistent inconsistency of RCI.

But, this thread is about that darned $8 room service charge - no need to post whore it up with a different issue.

Even this part may become fungible due to all the other way one can get a bottle and different policy decisions on each ship. You know, the consistent inconsistency of RCI.

But, this thread is about that darned $8 room service charge - no need to post whore it up with a different issue.

This thread has already run longer than most CNN "Breaking News" alerts....and has about the same unwarranted value as most of them as well. :eek:

Yeah, I was surprised this thread had so much long life to it also. Ahh...gotta be doing something about something I guess.;)

Me....I have always just enjoyed my wine brought on board in my cabin...no fee to worry about there.

I never order room service anymore anyway...when I did in the past...the food was always cold and tasteless IMHO.

No fee to worry about there either.

No loss for me I guess. :cool:

THERE IS NO CHARGE TO BRING WINE/CHAMPAGNE ON BOARD. Passengers may bring two 750ml bottles per stateroom per cruise.

There is a $15 corkage fee for bottles of wine/champagne brought on board and TAKEN TO THE DINING ROOM OR RESTUARANTS. THERE IS NO CHARGE TO SIMPLY BRING WINE ON BOARD.

Cheers

M

didn't read to the end and see that this info had already been stated. Hi Bob.

Here is the link to the article http://www.travelmarketreport.com/articles/Royal-Caribbean-Raises-Cost-Of-Bringing-Wine-Aboard

Here is the link to the article http://www.travelmarketreport.com/articles/Royal-Caribbean-Raises-Cost-Of-Bringing-Wine-Aboard

The non RCCL article referenced is incorrect ( at least at this point) and does not match RCCL's new policy.

I believe we can call that article "fake news" with "alternative facts".

M