Edge Sky Suites - What's the Scoop?

vtcruising

Yes, please post those S1 photos and gives us the details, along with your opinions...I can’t wait for your information on deck 11...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I plan to do a live report from the Edge starting Nov 21. I was able to get the Go Best package since I booked right away and have unlimited internet. Between exploring the ship, eating and drinking at 29 venues and posting on Cruise Critic, I don't think I will have time to sleep. :D

I plan to do a live report from the Edge starting Nov 21. I was able to get the Go Best package since I booked right away and have unlimited internet. Between exploring the ship, eating and drinking at 29 venues and posting on Cruise Critic, I don't think I will have time to sleep. :D

I loved your Flower Power cruise review! I would have considered booking the 2019 FP cruise if I hadn’t already booked the spring TA on Edge:D. I can’t wait for your Edge review;p.

I loved your Flower Power cruise review! I would have considered booking the 2019 FP cruise if I hadn’t already booked the spring TA on Edge:D. I can’t wait for your Edge review;p.

Thanks! I'm still in FPC withdrawal - planning for our Edge cruises helps keep me happy. :D

Thanks! I'm still in FPC withdrawal - planning for our Edge cruises helps keep me happy. :D

You know, I’ll bet you could hop off the FPC, catch up at home, and return to FL in time to join us on the TA;p. DH says I’m a baaaaad influence lol:evilsmile:

You know, I’ll bet you could hop off the FPC, catch up at home, and return to FL in time to join us on the TA;p. DH says I’m a baaaaad influence lol:evilsmile:

Yes, and so could you! ;) You are a bad influence, for sure. :D It is very tempting - your TA should be wonderful!

• 2 months later...

CruisingTheWaves was wondering about whether all of the Sky Suites would have beds facing the ocean. I emailed celebrityonetouch today to see if they had that info and surprisingly Monica called me back within a few hours. In my email, I included the renditions below from a cruise deck plan site that showed 3 different layouts for the S1, S2, S3. She said she did further research and at this time all of the Sky Suite beds will face the ocean, but that there could always be design changes. She assumed those plans/pictures would be corrected eventually.

I will not have my heart set on any particular room layout, but it sounds like the intention for now is ocean-facing beds. I do like the bathroom and bed layout best in the S2 picture below, though the living space may look smaller with the bed aimed toward the ocean.

Kudos for Celebrity for calling back so quickly. I expected an email next week with rote answers. :D

S1

73-2.jpg

S2

73-1.jpg

S3

72-6.jpg

CruisingTheWaves was wondering about whether all of the Sky Suites would have beds facing the ocean. I emailed celebrityonetouch today to see if they had that info and surprisingly Monica called me back within a few hours. In my email, I included the renditions below from a cruise deck plan site that showed 3 different layouts for the S1, S2, S3. She said she did further research and at this time all of the Sky Suite beds will face the ocean, but that there could always be design changes. She assumed those plans/pictures would be corrected eventually.

I will not have my heart set on any particular room layout, but it sounds like the intention for now is ocean-facing beds. I do like the bathroom and bed layout best in the S2 picture below, though the living space may look smaller with the bed aimed toward the ocean.

Kudos for Celebrity for calling back so quickly. I expected an email next week with rote answers. :D

S1

73-2.jpg

S2

73-1.jpg

S3

72-6.jpg

thanks for looking into this. i was on the phone with someone earlier since i wasn't able to book one of the new spa treatments and should have asked about this,but it would be nice if they all do in fact face the ocean :)

I was told that the S1 is a corner aft balcony configuration, but not the bed... VT, you will be able to elaborate on this in he coming months...

Yes, I should have clarified that the S1 configuration above is the aft (hopefully obvious by that lovely 163 sq ft balcony :D). I keep forgetting about the non-aft S1's - they are probably more like the S2's.

I just realized that this is June 1st - that means that I will be onboard 6 months from today!! :D I did ask the Celebrity One Touch person if the ship was on track to be ready on time and she said yes, so far it is on track to cruise December 1st. Fingers crossed....

Yes, I should have clarified that the S1 configuration above is the aft (hopefully obvious by that lovely 163 sq ft balcony :D). I keep forgetting about the non-aft S1's - they are probably more like the S2's.

I just realized that this is June 1st - that means that I will be onboard 6 months from today!! :D I did ask the Celebrity One Touch person if the ship was on track to be ready on time and she said yes, so far it is on track to cruise December 1st. Fingers crossed....

Thanks for sharing those stateroom plans!

We are in one of those S1 aft’s with the lovely 163 sq ft balcony next May[emoji6]! Can’t wait!![emoji898]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks for sharing those stateroom plans!

We are in one of those S1 aft’s with the lovely 163 sq ft balcony next May[emoji6]! Can’t wait!![emoji898]

Yay! I am excited to see the balcony and hope that they will have loungers out there! If not, we may drag our cashmere mattress out there! 😉

I wonder if the S1 corner aft's have poles in them like S-Class? Or did they figure out an engineering solution to this?

I hadn’t thought if that. I certainly hope they figured it out, though we would miss it as a conversation piece when we have visitors. I have some great pictures of various cruise buddies “pole dancing,” 😃

I hadn’t thought if that. I certainly hope they figured it out, though we would miss it as a conversation piece when we have visitors. I have some great pictures of various cruise buddies “pole dancing,”

I second that! Since the room is quite a different configuration, I am hoping that Celebrity is making great use of the space and no poles will be needed. I will miss the huge porthole and actually liked the configuration on the S class ships.:D

I second that! Since the room is quite a different configuration, I am hoping that Celebrity is making great use of the space and no poles will be needed. I will miss the huge porthole and actually liked the configuration on the S class ships.:D

I will miss the porthole too. I love sitting on the couch next to the porthole. Will also miss the way the balcony wraps around a bit to the side. Oh well, we will likely discover other benefits of the E Class aft S1s.

The S3s on either end of the 3 on each deck have an interesting window/porthole on the balconies - can’t wait to see what that is all about! 😃

I will miss the porthole too. I love sitting on the couch next to the porthole. Will also miss the way the balcony wraps around a bit to the side. Oh well, we will likely discover other benefits of the E Class aft S1s.

The S3s on either end of the 3 on each deck have an interesting window/porthole on the balconies - can’t wait to see what that is all about! [emoji2]

LOL...we have a tradition...my husband takes a photo of me sitting completely inside the porthole window! I’ll miss it, too, but I’m so excited about Edge overall that I won’t miss the window. So happy we have 4 days at sea on our 10-night itinerary in May (Iberian peninsula).

LOL...we have a tradition...my husband takes a photo of me sitting completely inside the porthole window! I’ll miss it, too, but I’m so excited about Edge overall that I won’t miss the window. So happy we have 4 days at sea on our 10-night itinerary in May (Iberian peninsula).

Lucky you! I’m sure it will be wonderful ( and I’m sure we will find new favorite things on the Edge). It is hard to wait!![emoji2]

Hi All, we just booked a S3 while on The Solstice from Hawaii. DH thinks it will be fun to be in that room. We always book either a SS1 or SS2 and like the aft. The prices were crazy for the aft cabins, for the Caribbean. We booked one in the middle. Think it will be interesting, time will tell. For the amount of time we spend in our room it’s fine. And we get to try out the Retreat. Just hope it’s not too noisy. Love the idea of having someone drop off a drink though :). Happy Sailing.:D

Hi All, we just booked a S3 while on The Solstice from Hawaii. DH thinks it will be fun to be in that room. We always book either a SS1 or SS2 and like the aft. The prices were crazy for the aft cabins, for the Caribbean. We booked one in the middle. Think it will be interesting, time will tell. For the amount of time we spend in our room it’s fine. And we get to try out the Retreat. Just hope it’s not too noisy. Love the idea of having someone drop off a drink though :). Happy Sailing.:D

Just living the suite life will be fun, and who knows, maybe the S3s will end up being in high demand for some reason. ;)

I found this sketch that shows the S3 balconies up close. It gives a good idea how obstructed our view will be by the rails. I put some of the numbers on the cabins. The MC is on deck 5 as the extension of Raw on 5 for dinner in this picture. It looks pretty cool. I have a reservation in December!

I think the butler should go up on the MC each day at 4 PM with the afternoon tea and savories, stopping at each deck of S3s. :D

enhance

Just living the suite life will be fun, and who knows, maybe the S3s will end up being in high demand for some reason. ;)

I found this sketch that shows the S3 balconies up close. It gives a good idea how obstructed our view will be by the rails. I put some of the numbers on the cabins. The MC is on deck 5 as the extension of Raw on 5 for dinner in this picture. It looks pretty cool. I have a reservation in December!

I think the butler should go up on the MC each day at 4 PM with the afternoon tea and savories, stopping at each deck of S3s. :D

enhance

VT cruising thank you. We booked 10172 which is in the center of the four cabins. Would be good use of the butler! Thanks for the photo!

The S1s have to be bigger than the S2s no matter where they are otherwise there is no justification for a higher price. If you look on Deck 10 for example you have S2s mid-ship right next to the elevators which are technically a better location than the S1s on the same deck.

The S1s have to be bigger than the S2s no matter where they are otherwise there is no justification for a higher price. If you look on Deck 10 for example you have S2s mid-ship right next to the elevators which are technically a better location than the S1s on the same deck.

Yes, sorry, I was thinking that when I posted the aft rendition calling it S1, it might be confusing for the people who had non-aft S1s since those will be rectangular like the S2s and not any where near as large as the aft S1s and probably closer in size to the S2s. Hopefully they will be larger than the S2s, which are only 79 sq ft (though the cabin is larger at 319 sq ft vs 299 for the S1 and 298 for the S3). The S3s have a nice-sized balcony at 102 sq ft, most likely because of the way they project from the side ship.

I've seen a number of pix and there are cross bars between the tracks on each deck that may cause an obstructed view for the S3 cabins. CC posted a picture today on FB and the cross bars are quite visible. Check this out, the FB picture showed the bar on all decks and one pic they were the same orange.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/reviews/review.cfm?ShipID=1130

Oh, I just found this:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/cruises/2017/03/13/celebrity-edge-new-ship-magic-carpet/99123424/

Off topic..sorry

Thanks for the links...the 2nd one answered one of my questions....seems the large cabanas at the pool will be for rent. (Presently no charge for the sun bed loungers on S class..) with the loungers located, where they are, seems there will be almost zero sea view on that side of the pool deck..