Edge Sky Suites - What's the Scoop?

vtcruising

If people insist on loungers on a deck that are not a standard part of the cabin then maybe book a Celebrity Suite or higher as at least one is included in those categories. If Celebrity intended for those larger balconies to have loungers seems like they would’ve added them from the start. I guess I’m just not one to spin butlers/room attendants to do extra work when they already have so much on their plate. But that’s just me. I am in a Sky Suite this upcoming Edge cruise. If I want a lounger I’ll go up to the pool deck or The Retreat. In January I’ll be in a larger suite with loungers and won’t have to. I get what I pay for.

28 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

Three long days and now I'm on vacation at last. 

Hope to see you Tuesday, Katie! I'll be the one having a drink with my new friend, Mr. Edge, in the RTG.

You will for sure right after the muster, 3:15ish.  Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Katie

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Travelfor2 said:

Gotta add my two cents.

It is altogether possible that this "complete" sky suite is not quite complete. The deck chairs might be temporary if the mock-up chairs weren't ready on time (not too likely, but a possibility).

Seems very unlikely. From all the other photos we’ve been seeing the past couple of days since it arrived in Ft. Lauderdale everything looks to be set in place. That would be a lot of work for them to have put all these “temporary” chairs on all the balconies to then go back and swap them out for other chairs just a couple weeks later. It has only been crew, workers, and corporate staff onboard since it left France. If they were concerned about keeping other chairs “fresh” for paying guests then they probably would’ve just put no furniture on the balconies. I don’t see them creating extra work for themselves for staff staying in cabins.

On 11/22/2018 at 4:09 AM, WonderMan3 said:

If people insist on loungers on a deck that are not a standard part of the cabin then maybe book a Celebrity Suite or higher as at least one is included in those categories. If Celebrity intended for those larger balconies to have loungers seems like they would’ve added them from the start. I guess I’m just not one to spin butlers/room attendants to do extra work when they already have so much on their plate. But that’s just me. I am in a Sky Suite this upcoming Edge cruise. If I want a lounger I’ll go up to the pool deck or The Retreat. In January I’ll be in a larger suite with loungers and won’t have to. I get what I pay for.

We were in a corner aft S1 on the Reflection in October and having the lounger on the balcony made our cruise.

We are not a couple that ‘spin butlers/room attendants to do extra work .......’  We are very much low maintenance, I think we had  the cheese plate twice and that was us. I genuinely believe that the request did not cause a problem for anyone and as I said it made the cruise for us.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Ox Fan Cruiser said:

What leave Sky Suite? S1? S2? S3? Is it between the rails of the MC?

Can't open video..wil try u tube

This layout would be perfect for us..side facing  bed by balc... but only if not on MC side

Hope we can figure out cabin #, what level suite it is and licatiins of similar suites on the ship...

Next booking period opens soon!

59 minutes ago, Ox Fan Cruiser said:

What leave Sky Suite? S1? S2? S3? Is it between the rails of the MC?

DachshundsRule said it is an aft suite.  By definition, that means it is a S1, and nowhere near the MC.

18 minutes ago, DachshundsRule said:

I screen shotted it from the video that wonder man linked to on the Blocks thread. With the spacing between windows, it is definitely an Aft Sky Suite but no idea which deck or side, sorry!

Really appreciate that you linked it here!  And impressed you saw it in that glimpse of the video!  Less than a second of the intro.  🙂

Edited by BurBunny
Add more info.

I know I will love the cabin once I'm on, just for the aft view, but disappointed in how much smaller it seems with that bed configuration.  I know it's physically slightly smaller than the side S1s, and the odd entry is likely the reason it has to have the bed facing sideways rather than toward the balcony, but it really loses the feel of open space in the cabin.  

Give me a couple drinks in the Retreat Lounge and I'll get over it pretty quickly... especially if I take them back to my balcony at sunset...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, BurBunny said:

Oh boo!  And that balcony isn't much deeper, either. What deck?  Based on the balcony curvature, guessing port side?

Did you also notice that the chair on the verandah is not like the ones pictured for suites in all the previously released mock ups? It is like the ones in the IV cabins.

There seems to be another, possibly different chair that is partially showing behind the rocker. Maybe there are 3 people in the suite and they asked for an additional chair?

Edited by C-Dragons

3 hours ago, DachshundsRule said:

Sky suite, aft. Bed sideways. No lounge chairs.

04ECBF60-BAA6-45A1-BDD6-C3C2BF994CE9.png

Thanks for sharing this screen shot. I think this is a S3 and not an aft S1. The S3s have two glass panels together including the slider, and then a glass panel by itself. In this picture you can see that panel to the left by the sofa.  The S1 aft, S1s and S2s have all three glass panels together. See photo of aft S1s below.

image.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, C-Dragons said:

Did you also notice that the chair on the verandah is not like the ones pictured for suites in all the previously released mock ups? It is like the ones in the IV cabins.

There seems to be another, possibly different chair that is partially showing behind the rocker. Maybe there are 3 people in the suite and they asked for an additional chair?

I was ignoring that... because if that's the chair when I arrive, I will be asking my steward for a lounger or at least a foot stool.  Celebrity should know better for the aft cabins, especially an aft suite!

40 minutes ago, Tall-Cruiser said:

Thanks for sharing this screen shot. I think this is a S3 and not an aft S1. The S3s have two glass panels together including the slider, and then a glass panel by itself. In this picture you can see that panel to the left by the sofa.  The S1 aft, S1s and S2s have all three glass panels together. See photo of aft S1s below.

image.png

Yay!  There's hope after all!