Edge Sky Suites - What's the Scoop?

vtcruising

The S1s have to be bigger than the S2s no matter where they are otherwise there is no justification for a higher price. If you look on Deck 10 for example you have S2s mid-ship right next to the elevators which are technically a better location than the S1s on the same deck.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

bf67cccb4157bb0fe32fae3faed758b1.jpg

This sheet from Celebrity has the S1, S2 & S3 cabin & balcony sizes.

Vickie

bf67cccb4157bb0fe32fae3faed758b1.jpg

This sheet from Celebrity has the S1, S2 & S3 cabin & balcony sizes.

Vickie

Yes, have seen this, but the 163 sq ft for the S1 is likely for the aft S1 only because of the large rounded corner balcony. I have yet to see the sq ft for the non-aft S1s, which are rectangular and the total sq ft is limited by the width of the suite and how far out the balcony goes. I would guess they are in the 100 sq ft range, but don't quote me (which is also a nice-sized balcony). :D

This is the cabin sheet that I use:

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/EDGE/Celebrity_Edge_Stateroom_Internal_Categories.pdf

Yes, have seen this, but the 163 sq ft for the S1 is likely for the aft S1 only because of the large rounded corner balcony. I have yet to see the sq ft for the non-aft S1s, which are rectangular and the total sq ft is limited by the width of the suite and how far out the balcony goes. I would guess they are in the 100 sq ft range, but don't quote me (which is also a nice-sized balcony). :D

This is the cabin sheet that I use:

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/EDGE/Celebrity_Edge_Stateroom_Internal_Categories.pdf

Thanks for the cabin sheet. It would be nice if they listed the range of the balcony sizes for the S1.

Vickie

Yes, I agree, the only S1's with the 163 sq ft verandas are those on the aft.

As we all know, not all cabin category verandahs are created equal. Case in point: all those off the humps on the S-class ships. 😉

Yes, I agree, the only S1's with the 163 sq ft verandas are those on the aft.

As we all know, not all cabin category verandahs are created equal. Case in point: all those off the humps on the S-class ships. 😉

I am bringing a tape measure on Dec 1. :D

I don’t think we’ve ever even gotten an exact measure of the varying balcony and cabin sizes on S-class either. As long as it’s comfortable is all I care about. I thought the S2 I had on Reflection was very spacious and it wasn’t a corner aft. I’m sure these Edge cabins will be great.

I can’t wait to read all the postings from the initial Edge sailings!

I hope some folks do a “LIVE from the Edge” thread. 🤞🏻

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I plan to be LIVE on the Dec 1st and 6th preview cruises. I will be on a mission to see and experience as much as possible in 6 days. I probably won't sleep much on the first cruise and then will have 2 days to recover before boarding on the 6th. :D

And Lastdance, I will bring my measuring tape. :D

I plan to be LIVE on the Dec 1st and 6th preview cruises. I will be on a mission to see and experience as much as possible in 6 days. I probably won't sleep much on the first cruise and then will have 2 days to recover before boarding on the 6th. :D

If you or anyone else does LIVE Edge postings, I will be one of your groupies![emoji1]

I will follow your posts for 72 hours starting Dec 1, 2018.

Spark and 47:

Oh my, good thing the energy drinks are included in the Premium Beverage Package so that I can keep the posts coming for you. ;)

I do understand, as I will be the number one groupie for the LIVE posters on the 2 Maiden Voyage cruises! :D

The S1s have to be bigger than the S2s no matter where they are otherwise there is no justification for a higher price. If you look on Deck 10 for example you have S2s mid-ship right next to the elevators which are technically a better location than the S1s on the same deck.

their locations would warrant a higher cost than the other suites as well, they don't necessarily have to be that much larger. sometimes being right by the elevators isn't always better? while i am sure celebrity has done some work in studying the cabin types and which categories/price ranges they belong, i wouldn't be surprised if they are also speculating at the moment, as they haven't had the chance to walk the ship either before beginning sales. i remember after some of the s-class ships had been sailing for a bit of time, a few cabins switched categories based on their proximity to things and their spaciousness/configurations. the ship is a bit of an experiment, and i don't doubt that we will see some changes for beyond in 2020 based on some things that weren't as well received on edge as they had hoped. it's only natural.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm thinking the S3's on deck 12 do not have the windows on the 2 end S3 balconies. I've noticed it in a couple of pictures and when you look at the deck plans below, you can see why. The deck 12 S3's don't protrude as much as all the ones below because of a bump out of the cabins next to them, so there is less room for a window there.

I also noticed that they don't have the connecting inside cabins in back of them like on the other decks. If you measure the cabin part of the S3's on deck 12, it almost looks like they may be bigger than the other S3's, but it just could be the drawings.

enhance

enhance

enhance

I'm thinking the S3's on deck 12 do not have the windows on the 2 end S3 balconies. I've noticed it in a couple of pictures and when you look at the deck plans below, you can see why. The deck 12 S3's don't protrude as much as all the ones below because of a bump out of the cabins next to them, so there is less room for a window there.

I also noticed that they don't have the connecting inside cabins in back of them like on the other decks. If you measure the cabin part of the S3's on deck 12, it almost looks like they may be bigger than the other S3's, but it just could be the drawings.

Another good observation. I am not sure either about the views from 12150 or 12164. They look worst than those on deck 11 due to how close they are to the MC rail.

With respect to the S3s, I think (jut a guess) the ones on deck 12 will have the bed facing the sea and the others will be regular as they are connecting cabins. Recall what the bathroom configuration is for the SS (I think all S2s) with bed facing the sea? You can't have a connecting room on the back wall were the bathroom is (e.g. 11168 and 11170). So that's why I think all S2s and even most of the S1s on either side of the ship will have the beds facing the sea. Yes I could be wrong and we shall find out soon. :)

enhance

enhance

enhance

"The deck 12 S3's don't protrude as much as all the ones ".... Not so. They protrude just as much. The rails of the MC are straight & vertical. The difference is the side cabins on deck 12 stick out more than the other decks making it appear that the S3's inside the rail are more inboard.

Another good observation. I am not sure either about the views from 12150 or 12164. They look worst than those on deck 11 due to how close they are to the MC rail.

With respect to the S3s, I think (jut a guess) the ones on deck 12 will have the bed facing the sea and the others will be regular as they are connecting cabins. Recall what the bathroom configuration is for the SS (I think all S2s) with bed facing the sea? You can't have a connecting room on the back wall were the bathroom is (e.g. 11168 and 11170). So that's why I think all S2s and even most of the S1s on either side of the ship will have the beds facing the sea. Yes I could be wrong and we shall find out soon. :)

I guess I thought the S3's connected at the doorways, with one entryway with 2 doors, such as on the S class S1's and concierge cabins next to them. It almost looks like a wall is shown below, with the entryways divided between the two middle S3's and their connected insides. Maybe I am looking at it wrong. :D

enhance

"The deck 12 S3's don't protrude as much as all the ones ".... Not so. They protrude just as much. The rails of the MC are straight & vertical. The difference is the side cabins on deck 12 stick out more than the other decks making it appear that the S3's inside the rail are more inboard.

Exactly. I meant that the balcony isn't protruding enough out from the cabins at the side to fit a window. Sorry for the confusion.

I guess I thought the S3's connected at the doorways, with one entryway with 2 doors, such as on the S class S1's and concierge cabins next to them. It almost looks like a wall is shown below, with the entryways divided between the two middle S3's and their connected insides. Maybe I am looking at it wrong. :D

enhance

Each of those connecting cabins connect from the inside of each cabin to the other. The ones in the middle may have a “common” main entry way but that is not the connection. The two out S3s don’t share a “common” main entry with their connecting cabins.

We're in 2162 on 12/6. Not having the window is a bit of a bummer but not having a connecting cabin or jutting out as far into the MC could make them a bit more quiet. The big advantage is the location so close to The Retreat on the same deck as Luminea and one deck down from everything else.

We're in 2162 on 12/6. Not having the window is a bit of a bummer but not having a connecting cabin or jutting out as far into the MC could make them a bit more quiet. The big advantage is the location so close to The Retreat on the same deck as Luminea and one deck down from everything else.

I just don't see the window in the balconies on 12, but we will see if that is true. I put another view below that doesn't seem to show a window on 12.

If you measure the size of the cabins on 11 and 12 on the deck plans, 12 looks a bit bigger, but not sure if they are accurately depicted (although it could be true since there may be more space without the insides on the back walls). I agree that not having the inside on your back wall nor the adjacent connecting concierge and being just down the hall from Luminae may make up for not having the window.

We will have to compare our S3's on the cabin crawl. I will have my measuring tape so will compare size as well. :D

enhance

I keep thinking about my S1 corner aft on deck 11, along with all the walking back and forth to and from meals, Retreat and everything else. I may take a backpack with me! I do not mind all the exercise, but on a 15 day TA, the backpack is looking pretty good. Otherwise I need to meet a great friend whose cabin is near yours on my cruise!

I keep thinking about my S1 corner aft on deck 11, along with all the walking back and forth to and from meals, Retreat and everything else. I may take a backpack with me! I do not mind all the exercise, but on a 15 day TA, the backpack is looking pretty good. Otherwise I need to meet a great friend whose cabin is near yours on my cruise!

We have had S1's a few times on S Class ships, including one cruise which was a 14 night and another a TA (16 nights, I think). The first time we walked the walk from the aft to the front to go to the theater, it seemed very long, but after a few times, it doesn't seem so long. We never minded the walk itself, but we found that you do need to leave the cabin at least 5 minutes earlier than normal if you need to make a show or have a reservation.

We have had cabins a couple of times near the elevator and have appreciated the short walk to everything, but the balconies were just not the same. We just love the aft corner S1's for the 180 degree view, more sun and the huge balcony. It's a trade off, but unless one has mobility issues, it is worth it, IMO.

I was just thinking today though about taking a tote to the Retreat because of so many things are clustered in that area. We could head to the pool area for an hour, then go into the lounge for a drink or meet with the concierge about something and then go to the Retreat for lunch on a sea day. I was thinking the same thing as you about maybe taking what we need for those few hours so we didn't need to go back to the cabin. Great minds think alike! ;)

That’s our favorite haunt on S Class! Aft deck 11 corner tucked into the foyer! We’ve got the same location on Edge this May. Actually I think we may have fewer steps if you consider Luminae won’t be on deck 3 like S’s. Tho we will still hump to deck 4 (is it 4?) for Le Martini Bar [emoji483]

That’s our favorite haunt on S Class! Aft deck 11 corner tucked into the foyer! We’ve got the same location on Edge this May. Actually I think we may have fewer steps if you consider Luminae won’t be on deck 3 like S’s. Tho we will still hump to deck 4 (is it 4?) for Le Martini Bar [emoji483]

Well, that will be well worth the walk! ;)