Princess Club Class

stevenr597

My wife and I are book to travel on Club Class this summer on Royal Princess. Club Class has been out for several months, and hopefully Princess has had some time to iron out some of the bugs in any new class. For those who travelled with this class, what are your opinions. Is it worth the extra expense. Is the quality of the food or the dining experience any improvement. How does it compare with Blu and Aqua-Class on Celebrity. Your thoughts and opinions would be much appreciated.

I really liked the club class, my husband and I were in a suite so it worked well for us and added not expense. But we only used it 4 times, as we had too many great places to eat. I for one think it is great, kind of like old time cruising, yes we are older, so it was great. I have not been on Celebrity in ages, so I do not know. But the service is great, the staff was great, the meals were fine, the gentleman cooking for us was fun, and came around after each meal to make sure everything was good, and it was. I do not know of any bugs in Club Class, just a lot of great eating, always having a table to seat you at and very wonderful memories.

My wife and I are book to travel on Club Class this summer on Royal Princess. Club Class has been out for several months, and hopefully Princess has had some time to iron out some of the bugs in any new class. For those who travelled with this class, what are your opinions. Is it worth the extra expense. Is the quality of the food or the dining experience any improvement. How does it compare with Blu and Aqua-Class on Celebrity. Your thoughts and opinions would be much appreciated.

IMHO it is not worth the extra cost esp. if you are a Elite Captains Circle member. Food is the same as the MDR with the exception of a periodic side dish cooked "near" your table. Cannot comment on Celebrity comparison.

IMHO it is not worth the extra cost esp. if you are a Elite Captains Circle member. Food is the same as the MDR with the exception of a periodic side dish cooked "near" your table. Cannot comment on Celebrity comparison.

Except that a table is waiting for you when you want to eat without any additional wait.

Not that it would encourage me to spend the extra money for it since we always eat early and there's no waiting, except at the door.

So you have cruised in Club Class? Don't take this comment the wrong way BUT if you have NOT cruised in Club Class, you are only making this comment on what "facts"? There is way too much "Faux" news/opinions these days, so please let us know if you have cruised in Club Class??????? before making ant comments.

Happy Cruising everyone!

We had a CC cabin during our early February cruise on the Regal. In our opinion the dining was an improvement over standard ATD, but only for the ability to always having a table for two available when we arrived (when the doors opened). The difference in the food was minimal at best, mainly just minor changes in one or two items per evening. The "table side" cooking mentioned in Princess' advertising is false unless the table you happen to get just happens to be next to the cooking table, which does not move.

In our case, we dined in the CC dining room five of seven nights (went to the SRs during formal nights) and we had three different waiters at three different tables. Since we arrived when the doors opened the area was always wide open so it was obvious that there was no plans to keep us with the same waiter. Although all waiters and their assistants were very good, so not having the same waiter was not a big deal.

As for the other CC benefits these were barely noticeable, however we are Platinum so we already had priority embarkation/disembarkation so do not know about that benefit. As for the new bed, again not impressed. It was fine, but if we had known about it before boarding, we would have never noticed it.

We booked this cruise after the final payment cutoff, so we got a good price. When I booked, our M1-CC cabin was $100 p/p more than the next mini-suite option down. CC was worth the price difference that we paid, but mainly for the location of the M1 cabin, not for the CC benefits.

We recently cruised on the Royal Princess in a club class mini suite and enjoyed our experience. We were able to board with the first group -we are not yet elite or platinum. Usually we do traditional dining which limits the time when we can eat but with club class we could eat at any time without any wait. We even sat at the same table with the same wait staff. The menu was the same as the mdr with a few additions each night like table side Caesar salad, shrimp, crepes and cherries jubilee. Unfortunately we felt that the quality and variety of the food had declined since we were on this same ship last year. On debarkation day we were able to eat breakfast in the dining room. In addition we also had priority boarding for tenders

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

As posted by passengers here and on several other threads about Club Class, the basic benefit of Club Class is having anytime dining which is truly anytime. No wait whatsoever when you want to eat in the section of a dining room that is just for CC passengers.

It does not compare with Blue and Aqua-Class on Celebrity because those are separate restaurants with their own menus. As others posted, CC has the regular dining room menu for that night plus one dish that can be prepared in the CC dining part of a dining room.

There are really no bugs to work out of CC.

So you have cruised in Club Class? Don't take this comment the wrong way BUT if you have NOT cruised in Club Class, you are only making this comment on what "facts"? There is way too much "Faux" news/opinions these days, so please let us know if you have cruised in Club Class??????? before making ant comments.

Happy Cruising everyone!

Thanks for your "input" - cruised in Club Class on the Regal B2B from late Feb. to early March 2017!!

We have significant experience with Aqua Class (Celebrity) and thought we would comment since the subject has been mentioned. Aqua Class cabins are essentially the same as regular balcony cabins (they are slightly larger on the older class of ships) with a few extra amenities such as a better showerhead system, nicer robe, etc. Aqua cruisers are assigned to Blu, which is a special restaurant for only Aqua (and suites on a space available basis) with a smaller more intimate dining room. A majority of the tables are 2 tops, which are packed pretty close together. Blu is open for only breakfast and dinner and the dinner menu is unique and has nothing that you get in the MDR. There is some debate as to whether the quality is better than the MDR...and we would say its just hit or miss. The original concept of Blu was to have a more healthy menu, but that seems to have faded with time. One nice benefit of Aqua Class is that all the cabins have been limited to 2 persons, thus limiting (or eliminating) children. We have dined in Blu on more then 40 nights and do not recall ever having seen a young child.....and very few teens.

Hank

We have significant experience with Aqua Class (Celebrity) and thought we would comment since the subject has been mentioned. Aqua Class cabins are essentially the same as regular balcony cabins (they are slightly larger on the older class of ships) with a few extra amenities such as a better showerhead system, nicer robe, etc. Aqua cruisers are assigned to Blu, which is a special restaurant for only Aqua (and suites on a space available basis) with a smaller more intimate dining room. A majority of the tables are 2 tops, which are packed pretty close together. Blu is open for only breakfast and dinner and the dinner menu is unique and has nothing that you get in the MDR. There is some debate as to whether the quality is better than the MDR...and we would say its just hit or miss. The original concept of Blu was to have a more healthy menu, but that seems to have faded with time. One nice benefit of Aqua Class is that all the cabins have been limited to 2 persons, thus limiting (or eliminating) children. We have dined in Blu on more then 40 nights and do not recall ever having seen a young child.....and very few teens.

]We have cruised with Celebrity several times and we always try to take Aqua Class because of the "Blu" Dining Room. One negative thing is that the tables are close together. As you noted it is not open for lunch. We are hoping that the Club Class will be the Princess version of Celebrity's Blu, and we are booked to do a Transatlantic next Oct. on the Royal Princess. One difference is that you have to have a mini-suite to qualify for Club Class.

"We have cruised with Celebrity several times and we always try to take Aqua Class because of the "Blu" Dining Room. One negative thing is that the tables are close together. As you noted it is not open for lunch. We are hoping that the Club Class will be the Princess version of Celebrity's Blu, and we are booked to do a Transatlantic next Oct. on the Royal Princess. One difference is that you have to have a mini-suite to qualify for Club Class."

Sorry, but Club Class dining is nothing like Blu. It is just a small section in the MDR with a few minor additional menu options each night. Blu is much nicer in all aspects.

I think that Princess has clearly dropped the ball with CC. They are a day late and a dollar short in trying to offer some type of Suite/Mini-Suite dining perks. Celebrity suite restaurant Luminae, Aqua class Blu and RCCL Coastal Kitchen on the larger ships are an upgrade unlike Princess carving out a MDR space for CC to basically be served the same MDR menu. I don't think there's enough amenities for the increase in price. We book a penthouse for the larger room, but Princess doesn't offer anywhere near the suite perks as RCCL or Celebrity who offer suite lounges with specialty coffee, complimentary alcohol and snacks. Also, Princess offers very little in their loyalty program. As Platinum, all I basically get is internet minutes. On RCCl as D+ and Elite on Celebrity, they offer complimentary evening cocktails, free bags of laundry, BOGO specialty dining, internet minutes and more. The penthouse is overpriced for the size compared to the Grand Suite on RCCL; however, I do sail on Princess when it's an itinerary only Princess offers. Just my two cents. I've complained to Princess about their lack of Captain's Circle perks and have been told that others have called and complained, but Princess isn't interested.

• 2 weeks later...

We got off the Grand on Saturday and were in a full suite so could use club class (there was DH, DS, and myself). Club class dining was available every day for breakfast and dinner and sea days for lunch. Since we were in a suite, we ate breakfast all days except the last in the Crown Grill. One sea day, we did pub lunch which left us with one lunch and one breakfast in CC. We enjoyed those two meals in CC a lot.

Having an extra dish that was available was good, but what we loved was no wait and being able to have a table for just the three of us...that is too hard to come by in the MDR for breakfast or lunch. We had great service those two meals from the waiters and the maitre d was awesome in getting to know us even at the end of the cruise. We had a non suite friend with us so did not do the CC dinner, but would do so in the future.

We are happy to book suites for the extra space and CC is now another great suite perk. I would love to have CC dining for every lunch, that would have had us in CC every day.

I think that Princess has clearly dropped the ball with CC. They are a day late and a dollar short in trying to offer some type of Suite/Mini-Suite dining perks. Celebrity suite restaurant Luminae, Aqua class Blu and RCCL Coastal Kitchen on the larger ships are an upgrade unlike Princess carving out a MDR space for CC to basically be served the same MDR menu. I don't think there's enough amenities for the increase in price. We book a penthouse for the larger room, but Princess doesn't offer anywhere near the suite perks as RCCL or Celebrity who offer suite lounges with specialty coffee, complimentary alcohol and snacks. Also, Princess offers very little in their loyalty program. As Platinum, all I basically get is internet minutes. On RCCl as D+ and Elite on Celebrity, they offer complimentary evening cocktails, free bags of laundry, BOGO specialty dining, internet minutes and more. The penthouse is overpriced for the size compared to the Grand Suite on RCCL; however, I do sail on Princess when it's an itinerary only Princess offers. Just my two cents. I've complained to Princess about their lack of Captain's Circle perks and have been told that others have called and complained, but Princess isn't interested.

U are correct; although I have not sailed Princess; but am in a Suite this July; they in no way will come close to what RCCL or even Norwegian offer to suite guests. I had a butler on NCL last year. I will see what happens

As posted by passengers here and on several other threads about Club Class, the basic benefit of Club Class is having anytime dining which is truly anytime. No wait whatsoever when you want to eat in the section of a dining room that is just for CC passengers.

It does not compare with Blue and Aqua-Class on Celebrity because those are separate restaurants with their own menus. As others posted, CC has the regular dining room menu for that night plus one dish that can be prepared in the CC dining part of a dining room.

There are really no bugs to work out of CC.

Just sailed on the Regal March 26th cruise in a CC Mini. We sailed in August, 2016 on the Summit in Aqua Class dining in Blu. We preferred Princess over Celebrity. The food presentation and offerings were much better on Princess. We thought the dining room service in Blu was great while we rated Princess CC fantastic. Granted, Aqua is located in a separate dining room. However, the level of service was actually better on Princess which makes us rate them much higher. Most impressive to us, was on our disembarkation day, our dining room was to be used for departing passengers. The dining staff moved all of the special linens, menus and table flowers up to the next level where the Club Class section was moved for this day. Except for the final day, we dined in the same section and had most of our meals sitting at a window, table for 2. We enjoyed talking to our waiter and assistant on our embarkation lunch and requested their section throughout our cruise. Our waiter said that he enjoyed the extra time he could spend chatting with his CC passengers. His assistant was leaving the ship and he was searching for a replacement. He mentioned that he hoped his choice would be approved as Princess was very selective in who would be serving in CC. Believe me, it showed.

On RCCl as D+ and Elite on Celebrity, they offer complimentary evening cocktails, free bags of laundry, BOGO specialty dining, internet minutes ...

You caught my attention with the BOGO - we've been elite on celebrity of several years, and I don't recall ever being offered bogo on specialty dining, despite buying multi meal packages every sailing. Can you please expand on that? Thank you!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You caught my attention with the BOGO - we've been elite on celebrity of several years, and I don't recall ever being offered bogo on specialty dining, despite buying multi meal packages every sailing. Can you please expand on that? Thank you!!!

Sorry for the confusion, I was listing the various loyalty perks on both CC and RCCL that Princess doesn't come close to matching. The BOGO is for D+ and P on RCCL for the 1st & 2nd nights on each sailing.

If I"m elite and staying in a mini suit,what benefits do i get for an extra $500-$700 per person and a dining room reservation?I've sailed many times on cunard which has a separate dining room for britannia passengers.

long cruiser