Wake View Bar Caribbean Princess?

framer

In the video about the refurbished CB there is a 3 second showing of a "Wake View Bar" It is not on the new deck plans just put out. It almost looks like a redone Skywalkers... It was not listed below on the page with anymore detail like other updates.

Just curious,

framer

I'm with you. Why is it mentioned so very briefly (with a picture) and then not included in the other info when every other "new" thing is listed and can be clicked on to expand for more info. Very odd.

Looking at the deck plans the listing on the side has new names but the actual deck plans still show the old names.Renaming Morgan's Bar by the aft pool to be renamed Wake View Bar would make sense but...

EDIT:

I just watched the video again and it's the Wake View Lounge which doesn't sound like Morgan's at all and the picture definitely shows an indoor venue. The only venue I can see that could possibly be getting that new name is Skywalker's.

Edited by Thrak

But it is definitely called the Wake View Lounge in the video and the video is specific to the Caribbean Princess. The video is only 2:14 long and the brief bit about the Wake View Lounge shows at the 1:20 mark.

WhZfvqt2WmM

P&O Ventura has a wall of TV's which form an overall image of skylines of famous places like Manhattan. Are you sure it is the actual wake you are going to be overlooking and not a TV generated image of a ship's wake? Similar to virtual Balconies on RCI, just a virtual screen.

Regards John

Look at the windows. The only ones I know look like that are in Skywalker. The also call it a Wake View Lounge not a bar.

I'm wondering if it was something that they planned then cancelled after the video went up?

The 1st cruise is in 6 days so I'm sure we'll find out then.

framer

Look at the windows. The only ones I know look like that are in Skywalker. The also call it a Wake View Lounge not a bar.

I'm wondering if it was something that they planned then cancelled after the video went up?

The 1st cruise is in 6 days so I'm sure we'll find out then.

framer

Skywalkers windows are angled out at the top.

The ones in the video are straight up and down, like the ones in Share (old aft facing Sabatini's) on the Ruby/Emerald although there is no space like that on the CB. :confused:

By the shape of the windows, and the different levels, it appears to me that this is a new design for all or a portion of Skywalker's. Since all changes will not be completed during the current dry dock, this change may or may not come later. Maybe by September when the Lido Bar is scheduled to be redecorated to The Mix.

I thought this ship was a bit tired when we did a British Isles itinerary back in 2012, so it's about time.

Some thoughts

Skywalkers is a great space, but Princess never seemed to use it right.

The ship had a dark feel to it. It needed lighter colors.

I don't mind paying for the these types of new specialty "more casual" places, but only if they're worth it. The pizza/italian/salad joint on the Royal was worth the $5 or whatever the low cover was, but that seafood place was not. I wonder if the Ernesto burger is made from fresh meat or previously frozen (probably frozen).

We are not fans of the Royal and are happy to see Princess invest in this ship and would like to see the same with Ruby/Emerald/Crown. To each his own, I suppose, but I like the design of that class much better than the Royal.

From a "live from" on the Majestic:

Our last task was to find the Wake View bar as the Horizon Terrace was a fave spot on the Regal and Royal. Same kind of bar setup with tables n chairs but no comfy armchairs and sofas to watch the wake from. Disappointing.

The HC makes more sense for its location. I don't see them changing any exterior windows. Especially that high up.

They do look like HC windows. :confused:

Time will tell but I still find it very odd that the only mention of the venue is a few seconds in the video. All the other changes have specific links that can be expanded for more information but the Wake View Lounge is never explained further. Sadly, I won't get a chance to check it out personally until next March.

All the upgrades look real good. I can't wait to see them for my self in January.

Tony

Tony .... We're also looking forward to seeing all of the upgrades and to cruising with you, your wife, and friends in January. :D

LuLu