No more shorts

Maybe they should just add them to the banned items list, put people's luggage in the naughty room and keep them until the end of the cruise along with their irons and power strips and microwaves.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I was thinking doing it by deck; where you can roam is based on what you wear. Rotating daily.

Still won't make a difference.

I'll continue to dress as I wish, in a tasteful manner like everyone else. Be it casual, smart casual, formal, or whatever anyone including RCCL decides to call. I have never witnessed anyone on any cruise dress so bad that it upset me to the point I did not want to continue eating dinner. And even if I would have, I would have the choice to leave or finish dinner. So do others. But really, it doesn't bother me a bit to see a pair of shorts in the MDR. What concerns me is if I'll have enough room for dessert and finding the bar server. ;)

Windjammer requires casual for dinner?

Really???? I have second seating and sometimes I go with my shirt straight from the pool to get some small bites, no one have told me anything about my shorts.

I agree. Also by the chart no shorts at JR or Sabor on Oasis Class, yah right. ;)

We are Diamond and have been told numerous times short are verboten, but we see them almost every night... even on Formal Night! Also several waiters on various ships have insisted that we wear what we would like. So we do...within reason, of course.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

So people who have early sitting and want to have dinner at MDR on embarkation day - can't wear shorts? BEFORE they even get their luggage. I am talking day 1 only here.

Haha! We do that all the time first night! "Didn't get our luggage yet" so we always show up in shorts first dinner night anyway!

Haha! We do that all the time first night! "Didn't get our luggage yet" so we always show up in shorts first dinner night anyway!

I believe the compass tells you that you can wear shorts the first night.

The Blog said, "Royal Caribbean drops shorts in the MDR" I took that a whole different way. I wasn't sure if we would be required to drop our shorts at some point or not.

I suggest an all nude dining room. Then no one will care about those in shorts.

I cruise in three weeks. I was not in favor of the policy change re: tank tops, but I was really looking forward to wearing nice shorts and a polo to the MDR (and the accompanying shrinkage in what needed to be packed). Most times we head back to the room to change back into shorts after dinner and I was looking forward to skipping that hassle as well. Oh well, first-world problems.

-- Kevin

f0c182b66856eb28825c7af5a3765d5a.jpg

Saw on a "Royal Caribbean blog" that the Royal site doesn't say shorts are allowed at dinner in the MDR..."Shorts are welcomed for breakfast and lunch."

It doesn't explicitly ban shorts, but implies that you shouldn't wear them in the MDR. Why the change?

Sent from Tapatalk

Shorts have been allowed for a long time .

I'll continue to dress as I wish, in a tasteful manner like everyone else. Be it casual, smart casual, formal, or whatever anyone including RCCL decides to call. I have never witnessed anyone on any cruise dress so bad that it upset me to the point I did not want to continue eating dinner. And even if I would have, I would have the choice to leave or finish dinner. So do others. But really, it doesn't bother me a bit to see a pair of shorts in the MDR. What concerns me is if I'll have enough room for dessert and finding the bar server. ;)

Now here's a man with the right attitude.

This new dress code is outrageous. Where are the waistcoats and powdered wigs for gentlemen and hoop skirts and panniers for the ladies? Unacceptable, I say!

Standards have been in decline in the colonies ever since that little bunch of upstarts threw their tantrum back in '65. (that's 1765), If George had been paying attention they never would have split off and things would be much different, I say. Harumph ...

This new dress code is outrageous. Where are the waistcoats and powdered wigs for gentlemen and hoop skirts and panniers for the ladies? Unacceptable, I say!

Standards have been in decline in the colonies ever since that little bunch of upstarts threw their tantrum back in '65. (that's 1765), If George had been paying attention they never would have split off and things would be much different, I say. Harumph ...

Exactly - when will the decline in (all) standards end?

As for waistcoats and powdered wigs for gentlemen and hoop skirts and panniers for the ladies? Sounds nice. Perhaps a theme cruise!

"Harumph"? a Mel Brooks fan, perhaps? :D