Please! Will someone on-board now with Classic package ask for a can of Coke. . . . .

Wiltonian

• 3 months later...

On Reflection at preset and no cans on Classic package, even when we ask only given glass of coke/sprite out of bottles. Those on Premium package are allowed cans :mad:. Apparently, started on here a couple of weeks ago!

On Reflection at preset and no cans on Classic package, even when we ask only given glass of coke/sprite out of bottles. Those on Premium package are allowed cans :mad:. Apparently, started on here a couple of weeks ago!
that was our experience too, we were on Reflection in June. Given a can by one bartender who stayed it was a farce and h got told off by his boss. My issue was that they mixed cans as the glasses did not hold a full can unless you had no ice. One time the drink was flat as on of the cans had been sitting so long.

Hmm. Is there a problem in supplies? DH was always given a can of coke on classic package last week on Silly :o

Why did you have to re-open this can of ............?:D

Hmm. Is there a problem in supplies? DH was always given a can of coke on classic package last week on Silly :o

Gill,

No, they have bottles of soda which they use to fil up the glasses full of ice. They check your seapass card to see if you are on the Premium before they will give you a can of anything.

Hi

My little girl has Type 1 diabetes and we always ask for diet cokes in cans or bottles for her as getting one through the fountain has traces of sugar from the other types of soda.

We've never had any problems although we do sometimes inform the beverage manager.

Most of the ships do not have the "lines" run for fountain drinks - a perfect example of this would be the Martini Bar, they have to use cans for everything, even club soda. Several friends who work for the company have complained about the wording on the beverage package because for the most part, most bar venues do not have the ability to give you fountain drinks out of a "soda-gun". Just operate under the assumption that you will get a can, not a fountain drink. Hope this helps. :halo:

Most of the ships do not have the "lines" run for fountain drinks - a perfect example of this would be the Martini Bar, they have to use cans for everything, even club soda. Several friends who work for the company have complained about the wording on the beverage package because for the most part, most bar venues do not have the ability to give you fountain drinks out of a "soda-gun". Just operate under the assumption that you will get a can, not a fountain drink. Hope this helps. :halo:

No, where they don't have fountain drinks they give you part of a bottle of soda on Reflection (just use the bottles for several people) - NO cans unless on the Premium package ;).

From reading all of these posts it sounds as if the Reflection is the only ship not serving cans of soda to those on the Classic Pkg.

After reading the descriptions of both Classic & Premium packages, the Classic states "cans AND fountain soda selections" and the Premium states "can soda selections".

That, to me, would mean if a particular bar has fountain soda guns, then that's what you get with the Classic. If not, you get a can?

I have never seen fountain soda guns on any of the Celebrity ships I have sailed on. (Have not been on Reflection) They require lots of upkeep - Co2 levels, syrup levels, nozzles and the guns themselves, and flushing the lines.. Why in the world X would go this route is beyond me. And, if no soda fountain, and they pour your soda from a can or bottle, how do you know you won't get a "flat" soda? How long has that can or bottle been open?

I guess the easy "fix" is to just carry on the soda of your choice (what a hassle!) but we as customers should not be forced into that option.

Good old Celebrity.....consistently inconsistent....as usual.

In anticipation of a cruise on the Reflection...what is the upcharge if I want a can of coke zero rather than a glass? If I am going to have to mule my 12 pk of Coke Zero on, why shouldn't I save money and go back to Carnival? I am an experienced NCL, RCL, Carnival cruiser and am anticipating my first "upscale" Celebrity cruise this Feb....... this may seem small to some, but really seems cheap to me.....I could save $1000 and go back to what I am familiar with (and carry my own coke onboard)!

Kim

Does anyone know if non-alcoholic premium package includes canned soda or fountain soda? It is not stated on X website. If they still provide canned sodas on the premium non-alcoholic package, since I don't drink alcohol, maybe I will just go to guest services to try to swap my classic alcoholic package for premium non-alcoholic package.

I Am not sure I understand the various posts as of late about getting 'a can of soda'.

Especially using the Classic Package.

I do understand that packages change from time to time, yet, if 'cans' of soda are no longer available per the package, so be it.

What one gets this sailing may not apply to the next sailing. What about nicely tipping one of the bartenders upon embarkation and let them know what you require, at no additional charge, if there is or is not one? What about scouting out the various drinking and eating venues to find out if there are cans available at NO additional charge while aboard?

One can argue the point upon embarkation that someone on the previous sailing was able to do it, why can't I? It can be argued without even knowing if it is true or not.

Just seems a bit incessant to me, IMO. If it is available, then it will be, if not, then one can always make other arrangements to get 'cans of soda', possibly. If it is for touring purposes, then I Am sure there will be a stop where something can be purchased, somewhat reasonably.

bon voyage

bon voyage

Taste is different between can and dispensed...often awful syrupy taste

Smaller amount is given when dispensed or if poured from a can,,

Soda can be flat if can is not freshly opened

With a can you can ve sure you are getting what you ordered

Can is safer than a glass out at the pool

Cans can be taken back to the cabin

Does anyone know if non-alcoholic premium package includes canned soda or fountain soda? It is not stated on X website. If they still provide canned sodas on the premium non-alcoholic package, since I don't drink alcohol, maybe I will just go to guest services to try to swap my classic alcoholic package for premium non-alcoholic package.

This is the description of the Premium non alcohol package in my cruise package - $22USD per day..."Enjoy nearly our entire selection of sodas selections on board including all canned and fountain soft drinks from Coca-Cola, premium bottled water from Evian, Perrier and San Pellegrino, specialty coffees and teas, non-alcoholic frozen drinks and smoothies, Red Bull Energy Drink and specialty waters from Vitamin Water. Price shown is per person, per day."

I have checked my cruise planner and It is included in the Classic Non-Alcoholic Package

Overview

In addition to enjoying your favorite Coca Cola can and fountain sodas selections such as Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Fanta Orange and Coke Zero, you may also enjoy fresh and bottled juices, premium coffees and teas, and non-premium bottled water. Price shown is per person, per day.