Your BEST Cabin Attendant

Pipo

On all of my RCI cruises I have received outstanding service from cabin attendants. On my past cruise on Harmony we had this guy from the Philippines that treated us like loyalty or Suite Guests despite we were on a regular balcony. We never heard the word "no" from him. He brought to our cabin brand new cotton robes, RCI merchandise (caps, pens, lanyards), L'Occitane toiletries, towel animals NIGHTLY, and he always talked to us with a smile. Definitely the best cabin attendant so far, I can say he is a strong candidate for a genie. On the other cruises no that different, very kind and excellent service as well.

So I was wondering if this service is normal on RCI or we have been extremely lucky? Who has been you best cabin attendant?

We've had stateroom attendants like you describe every so often. I think it gets tougher and tougher because it seems they have more staterooms to handle than they did 10 years ago.

We've had stateroom attendants like you describe every so often. I think it gets tougher and tougher because it seems they have more staterooms to handle than they did 10 years ago.

I was surprised on Harmony when our stateroom attendant said she had 18 staterooms that she looked after.

The best and favorite room attendants was on our 1st cruise on Sovereign in 2008 and on Enchantment in 2015.

On Sovereign we had a guy name Stanley form Jamaica and he was very personable from the 1st day. He came to the room as soon as he saw us enter when the rooms opened up. He introduced himself and I introduced myself in my best Jamaican accent and we laughed and hit it off from that point and he was always willing to get anything we requested.

On Enchantment we had Nikki from St. Vincent. She too came and introduced herself as soon as she saw us enter the room on the 1st day. She asked us our names and where we were from and even though she had a lot of rooms she remembered our names and would always greet us when she saw us by our names. We asked for some ice on the first day and never had to ask again as whenever we would leave and come back there was always a fresh bucket of ice. As with Stanley on the first cruise we hit it off with Nikki also just by showing our self friendly. Showing yourself friendly goes a long ways with your room attendants. On this cruise I got a stomach virus and was very sick one night and Nikki would check on me to see how I was doing and showed genuine concern as to my condition. When my wife's luggage arrived the first day and my did not, she went out of her way to try to find out what happened to mine which turned out to be in the naughty room because my bottle of mouth wash was suspect and they wanted to see it.

But anyway those were my two favorites. The others we have had were good but these two stand out! :cool:

I just got back from Oasis. We were on the Boardwalk in cabin 9329. Nadine from Jamaica was our cabin attendant. She was amazing. Always friendly, remembering our names and quick to give information when needed. We loved her.

Our favourite was Deborah from Jamaica on Liberty TA 2011. Her husband Preston was a bar tender and great too.

She was just amazing, we're not high maintenance and don't have many requests but she asked us if we wanted things anyway, ice, extra hangers, even another lounger on our aft balcony. She was super friendly and delighted when we noticed that she and Preston had the same name and were related. We told her we were doing the cabin crawl and on that morning she insisted on changing all the bedding so the cabin looked immaculate.

Ever since we jokingly rate our cabin steward on the 'Deborah' scale and although most have been good no one has ever come close to Deborah!

Julie

My "best" was one we never EVER saw! He/she kept our cabin immaculate....we had fresh linens daily, and plenty of towels....awesome! We never met them...never saw them...but did leave a nice tip above the "suggested" amount! I don't feel the need to "make friends" with the attendant....so this worked out perfectly!

The best and favorite room attendants was on our 1st cruise on Sovereign in 2008 and on Enchantment in 2015.

On Sovereign we had a guy name Stanley form Jamaica and he was very personable from the 1st day. He came to the room as soon as he saw us enter when the rooms opened up. He introduced himself and I introduced myself in my best Jamaican accent and we laughed and hit it off from that point and he was always willing to get anything we requested.

We just had a fellow named Stanley on the Anthem, he was fantastic. Wonder if it was the same steward? Lat name was Mcnichol if I spelled it right, can't remember if he was from Jamaica or St Vincent but he did have the accent.

Every RCCL attendant have been really good, even better since we started cruising in suites a few years ago, since I believe they have a little more time to spoil you. Had only a couple of bad experiences over my 60 cruises in 40 years , one of the reasons we do not cruise NCL anymore

Every RCCL attendant have been really good, even better since we started cruising in suites a few years ago, since I believe they have a little more time to spoil you. Had only a couple of bad experiences over my 60 cruises in 40 years , one of the reasons we do not cruise NCL anymore

It's interesting you say about suites because we have never found that they are any better. We cruise in a mixture of cabins including full suites but with one exception the very best attendants have always been in regular cabins. We have always been surprised that in our experience they do not give the best stewards the higher grade cabins not least because the gratuities are higher for these cabins.

Julie

Our first cruise, Allure in 2012, Boris (from South America I think) was by far the best we have ever had. Nothing ever too much trouble, always had time for a chat and made things personal, as if we were the only stateroom he was looking after. None of the attendants have lived up to him, but I just stress that they weren't "bad" either.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We've always had great cabin attendants but the one that stands out was Cherry from deck 17 on Oasis in 2015. Up until then, we'd never seen a cabin attendant who had the Compass almost memorized and was so familiar with the ship and ports of call. We have found that she has other fans here on CC.

We've always had great cabin attendants but the one that stands out was Cherry from deck 17 on Oasis in 2015. Up until then, we'd never seen a cabin attendant who had the Compass almost memorized and was so familiar with the ship and ports of call. We have found that she has other fans here on CC.

Cherry is a great one. We have been fortunate enough to have had her two times in the past on deck 17. It's been a few years but I'd love to have a cruise with her as our attendant again.