Favorite Special Thing

georgiaguy

Just a curiosity thread. What is your favorite special thing to do when you cruise? Maybe it is something the cruiseline does or maybe it is something you like to make a special moment for yourself and/or significant other?

Just a curiosity thread. What is your favorite special thing to do when you cruise? Maybe it is something the cruiseline does or maybe it is something you like to make a special moment for yourself and/or significant other?

My favorite thing is laying in the Solarium all day. My usual routine will be grab a swim every couple of hours but mostly do nothing but eat, drink and listen to my Playlists. I have music going back to the 60s and also have old time radio shows from the 30s and 40s. Many of these include the commercials from then, want to buy some War Bonds or you should hear all about the benefits of smoking.

Martini bar in the evening and reading at the pool on Sea days...meeting and getting to know people from different countries 😊

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

Really listening to the 'ting' as we board...

First night meal at Tuscan watching the port disappear...

Early morning coffee on the balcony...

Having time to just look at the waves...

Late night last drink sat on the balcony...

I could go on forever....

Getting to eat meals and drink cocktails I didn't prepare and I don't have to clean up anything(I'm a professional baker/pastry chef, and work with a rum distillery)every day, and watching the sun rise while drinking coffee(or tea) on the top deck(or our balcony)every morning...and I don't have to go to work afterwards.

Edited by cocobakerchica
spelling correction

Smoked salmon on the veranda every morning.

You smoked salmon every morning on the varanda?

Didn't know they alowed smoking on the varanda or open fires.

How did you get away with it???

favorite personal special thing:

Waking up super early the first morning (like 5am, I know I'm a weirdo...lol) throwing on some clothes and touring the whole ship. I love how quiet and peaceful it is. It's one of the best times for getting ship pictures if you enjoy that sort of thing. There usually aren't many other folks walking around and you get to observe the crew starting and prepping for the day. I eventually grab a coffee in the lido buffet and watch the sunrise up on the upper decks.

favorite special thing with significant other:

First breakfast on sea days in the room or out on the balcony - which consist of room service coffee, croissant and smoked salmon. Yes, I said first breakfast...lol. We typically have a second (later) breakfast in cafe on sea days. :-)

favorite overall special thing:

Ultimate relaxation. As others have stated, not having to cook, clean, etc. is so awesome. We also purposefully don't purchase an internet package or add international to our cell phones so we can completely disconnect and relax - device free (although I do bring my Kindle for reading). Haven't managed to be able to disconnect and relax in the same way on any land vacation...

Edited by rain_bowbrite

After having a wonderful day at sea or in port, I absolutely love the feeling of coming back to the cabin late at night and find it tidy and dimly-lit, with sheets turned down and the dailies on the bed. We are happily tired and often enjoy a glass of wine while going over the events in the dailies for the following day, each making our plans. We then sit on the balcony with our wine and laugh and talk about highlights of the day and feel very lucky that we can cruise!

Sitting on my balcony reading (preferably in the shade; I've had some skin cancer) and looking up to see miles of ocean while the h can go all over and talk to people. I know he can't go too far--he can't swim!

When we took our 20-something kids, I think my favorite thing was the leisurely family dinner every night.