Paying it forward.

chromered7

Has anyone left a little gift , a bottle of wine etc, for the next people who will be using the cabin after you disembark? I don't know if this is possible, stewards cleaning the cabin , as there may be reasons it cannot happen.

When I say a little gift I mean a nice one not some lost sock!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Has anyone left a little gift , a bottle of wine etc, for the next people who will be using the cabin after you disembark? I don't know if this is possible, stewards cleaning the cabin , as there may be reasons it cannot happen.

Did this once as we had friends who were getting on board as we were getting off. We arranged it with their cabin steward. They were in a completely different cabin. We gave the presents to the cabin steward who would then place it in their cabin after the current occupants debarked. Worked out fine. They were so surprised.

Not quite the same, but we had a bottle of wine delivered to each person at our table once. Of course, we didn't have any delivered to us. Everyone felt so sorry for us. Until I let them in on the joke the next day.

Oh, also a friend got me to start leaving a $ 5 under the carpet in the safe.

There was a particular stateroom I used to sail in on Connie, and it moaned and creaked in rough seas -- the walls snapped and popped. Over the years, people folded up little pieces of paper and shoved them into the spaces between the walls and the ceiling to stop the noises. I eventually learned that many of the papers had the names of the cruisers who had been there, and I added mine to the array. Then Connie went into dry dock and apparently the noise problem was fixed -- the next time I was in that room, all the notes were gone.

Forget the next pax in your cabin, give the gift to someone on the same cruise as you :-) :D. I'm sure they'd be most appreciative :p.

We were on a cruise where a box of chocolates from the cruise line were in our cabin when we boarded. We put them in the fridge and forgot about them. When we left the cabin on the final morning we bumped into our Maitre D who had been great. My OH remembered the chocolates and thinking it would be nice to give them to her he went back to the cabin to get them only to be greeted by the steward with a mouthful of chocolates. Both were mortified......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We've left our little basket of treats we got from the cruiseline for the cabin steward with an extra tip and a thank you note. We accidentally left a large poster from a gift shop in Maui of the whale watch. Hope someone enjoyed it. :(