What Didin't You Pack?

There are a lot of threads about useful things to pack, but were there things you didn't pack that you wish you had?

I wish I would have had ear plugs. Sure could have used them because we had a balcony door slammer next to us!

And what was the least useful thing you packed?

We bought a power strip for the cabin and never opened the package. I also wish I hadn't packed so many clothes. We didn't wear half of what we took!

There are a lot of threads about useful things to pack, but were there things you didn't pack that you wish you had?

I wish I would have had ear plugs. Sure could have used them because we had a balcony door slammer next to us!

And what was the least useful thing you packed?

We bought a power strip for the cabin and never opened the package. I also wish I hadn't packed so many clothes. We didn't wear half of what we took!

We are very efficient light packers. Once I forgot a tie for my white shirt for formal night, rented one for like $3.

We normally dress for formal nights. I can't fit into the tux any more so I pack a suit. Last time I had it dry cleaned, put in the closet with a selected shirt & tie, and then left it hanging there when I packed. :( Figured it out on board and was going to do a rental but decided not to. We were going to eat in the WJ but decided to check out the MDR to see what the norm was. Found that my pressed khakis and shirt were at least at, if not above, the norm so in we went. First formal night ever without at least a suit. It was fairly painless actually. Will probably wear the suit next time though.

On one of our Canada/NE cruises, I forgot to pack my hubby's pants. Not a single pair. I had been so concerned about getting my kids stuff, that I forgot hubby. All he had was the shorts he wore on the ship. Fortunately, first stop was Portland so we ended up spending a couple of hours in a store buying several pairs of pants for the guy. Ever since that trip, hubby always asks me to show him what I've packed for him. :')

We have also forgotten my son's inhaler (fortunately again with a US port that we were able to stop in a pharmacy and get a prescription filled quickly). We always try to make sure to bring extra medications since medicines are expensive at the least and sometimes impossible to get while on a cruise.

On one of our Canada/NE cruises, I forgot to pack my hubby's pants. Not a single pair. I had been so concerned about getting my kids stuff, that I forgot hubby. All he had was the shorts he wore on the ship. Fortunately, first stop was Portland so we ended up spending a couple of hours in a store buying several pairs of pants for the guy. Ever since that trip, hubby always asks me to show him what I've packed for him. :')

We have also forgotten my son's inhaler (fortunately again with a US port that we were able to stop in a pharmacy and get a prescription filled quickly). We always try to make sure to bring extra medications since medicines are expensive at the least and sometimes impossible to get while on a cruise.

Maybe if he's not happy with your packing job, he could do it himself? :eek:

We always try to make sure to bring extra medications since medicines are expensive at the least and sometimes impossible to get while on a cruise.

My partner has 2 prescription meds - this last cruise instead of taking one pack of each he took two of just the one. We could not get a Canadian prescription filled at a US port. Luckily at Nassau they sold it to him without a prescription.

Years ago I packed the DH's tux with tux accessories, as usual....but forgot to pack his tux shirt. Rental on board had none in his size (he is a skinny butt). So of course I could never live that down.

Guess what? He now packs his own separate suitcase. ;p:cool:

Forgot a lint roller. Couldn't buy one anywhere. The one pair of pants I didn't wear was because they were so covered in cat fur.

We always pack tape. You can wrap it around your hand with the sticky side out and roll your hand on your clothes. Or wrap it around an empty toilet paper roll.

On our second trip to Alaska in 2015, we left the boys to do their own packing, and didn't double-check them. They were 18 and 15 at the time. The younger did fine. The older didn't pack a single long sleeved shirt or jacket, despite having been there just 3 years prior. He said he didn't remember that it got cold there. Thankfully, we had time to pick up a few things in Anchorage before our land tour started.

Forgot to pack a phone charger on our last cruise...even though I must have a dozen at home I got to pay $35 for one at the airport lol......

Check the lost and founds at the hotel or on the ship for chargers left behind. Depending on how long they've had them they may just give it to you to keep. At a bare minimum hopefully they let you borrow one to recharge.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I forgot to mention that on my last cruise a few weeks ago I forgot my cane. Ever since I had my hip and knee surgery I have to use one. I got to the ship and asked if anyone had left one that I could borrow and was told to go to the Medical Center and see if they had any they would rent me. WHAT!!!!

On our Mediterranean cruise, I forgot all of my necklaces except 1. Fortunately, it looked ok with most of my outfits. Cruising is one of the rare times I dress up, so was super bummed about forgetting them :(. #firstworldproblems

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

The first two cruises I went on, they provided conditioner. I thought all cruise ships provided conditioner, so didn't pack it for my next cruise. Their shampoo made my hair tangled and I had no conditioner. They didn't even sell it in their little store on the ship. Now I never cruise without conditioner.

I forgot to pack my deodorant one time. We stayed at a hotel pre-cruise and didn't have a car. There were no stores within walking distance, so I went from hotel to hotel to find some deodorant. I finally found one mini-sized container of deodorant. Another time I forgot to pack toothpaste.